Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
30 Oct 2023 18:42
I have read several tweets claiming the Packers are looking to be BUYERS in the trade market, actively seeking a vet RB and/or a vet WR.

I swear, if this FO throws away meaningful assets on a junk trade in the middle of a lost youth experience building season, I may lose it.

...unless it's Davante Adams. I could live with that. 8-)
they wouldn't pay good bucks for a temporary fix for this season, we will need another RB for next year, imo they should have bought Taylor a month ago when he was said to be on the market, still should.

imo ya buy production, specially so when it is such a important part of the offense, this should be Dillons last year, Jones has been injured which means he's unreliable, so we need help, not just now but also for the future.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 13:59
Is Montez Sweat that much better than Chase Young?

Both about to be FAs.

Sweat going for like pick 35-40, Young for closer to 90-95.
He's not better. But I think the injury/longevity concerns concerned some teams. A comp 3 for the 49ers, even for a rental, makes all the sense in the world.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 13:49
the niners are never satisfied. They want a title
The NFL is now interesting to me again.

I want to watch the 9ers continue to throw resources on building a dream team and end up with the same amount of SB rings as the Packers the last decade.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:33
Drj820 wrote:

I want to watch the 9ers continue to throw resources on building a dream team and end up with the same amount of SB rings as the Packers the last decade.
I appreciate their desperation. We have not shown the same in the last decade imo. Winning a sb without a good qb is hard. They are giving their best effort.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Last decade?! They haven't won a ring in almost 3!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:41
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Last decade?! They haven't won a ring in almost 3!
Right. And the cutoff is a decade because we did win one. :)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Raiders have fired HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler.

I guess beating the Packers a few weeks back wasn't enough... :roll:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
01 Nov 2023 05:59

Beating the Packers is a significant :thwap: accomplishment?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Zero surprise here about the Raiders. Feel bad for Davante being stuck there, but he also should have seen it coming.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
01 Nov 2023 05:59

Tae probably gave Billings a ultimatum, me or them :rotf:

the inmates are taking over the asylums of the nfl world.

I expect Jaire will be marching into Murphy's office some time today, and saving us owners from the embarrassment these guys have put us in :rotf:

I felt with Tae's comments that he was holding something like this back, pretty tight lipped.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ol' brown roots is gonna miss having Josh McDaniels on the sidelines...

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

McDaniels HC experiment is over, fired in-season... what does that say about MLF, who lost to and was outcoached by him?

Matt LeTOAST
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bears also fired their RB coach. Apprently HR was involved. 2nd such case for them this year.

The amount of awful franchises seems to be expanding. Cardinals, Bears, Browns, Commanders, Raiders. Broncos, Giants, and Panthers may creep up there too. Hoping we don't as well.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Buffalo @ Cincy and Miami @ KC this week.

Might be an early preview of the AFC divisional round this year.

Miami and KC at 8:30 sunday morning in Frankfurt.

Buffalo @ Cincy is Sunday night, so get to watch them both.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta say, Kirk looking more and more done in Minny now. Vikings likely to miss the playoffs without a QB, he'll be older and a FA next offseason coming off an achillies. Minnesota not likely to be playing for a Super Bowl in 24 or 25 at this point. Kirk gunna have a 28.5 cap hit next year already, without an extension. I think there is something to his contract too where he can't be franchise tagged?

Brock Purdy been struggling more and more last 3 weeks, looking like he not might be the guys.

That Kirk to Shanahan connection rekindling in SF looking more and more plausible next year. 49ers currently about $16M over the projected cap for next year right now, but as we all know, where there's a will, there's a kirk. Quick look at their contracts, they can actually do a ton of cap kicking if they want on all their biggest contracts, Trent Wiliams, Armstead, Samuel, Warner, Kittle, Ward, McCaffrey.

But to do a good $50M of cap kicking and then throw in Kirk, likely somewhat backloaded, that could sure get quite painful quickly at the same time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 09:06
Gotta say, Kirk looking more and more done in Minny now. Vikings likely to miss the playoffs without a QB, he'll be older and a FA next offseason coming off an achillies. Minnesota not likely to be playing for a Super Bowl in 24 or 25 at this point. Kirk gunna have a 28.5 cap hit next year already, without an extension. I think there is something to his contract too where he can't be franchise tagged?

Brock Purdy been struggling more and more last 3 weeks, looking like he not might be the guys.

That Kirk to Shanahan connection rekindling in SF looking more and more plausible next year. 49ers currently about $16M over the projected cap for next year right now, but as we all know, where there's a will, there's a kirk. Quick look at their contracts, they can actually do a ton of cap kicking if they want on all their biggest contracts, Trent Wiliams, Armstead, Samuel, Warner, Kittle, Ward, McCaffrey.

But to do a good $50M of cap kicking and then throw in Kirk, likely somewhat backloaded, that could sure get quite painful quickly at the same time.
there going all in, bringing in Young to go with Bosa, Hargrave will make that a even more potent defense, if not this year, Cousins makes a lot of sense for next.

they'll be in the position where in if they fail, but what a loaded roster till then, I have to respect there effort.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I seem to remember being up on the 9er entering the 4th by more than 3 recently. :roll:

This is actually quite the crazy statistic.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
01 Nov 2023 08:09
McDaniels HC experiment is over, fired in-season... what does that say about MLF, who lost to and was outcoached by him?

Matt LeTOAST
Toast is definitely canable. As is the Guter.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 21:43
I seem to remember being up on the 9er entering the 4th by more than 3 recently. :roll:

This is actually quite the crazy statistic.
Not exactly accurate. He is 4-34 in that situation. Still crazy.
https://stathead.com/tiny/ijjVg
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."