Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

paco wrote:
11 Oct 2022 11:49
Davante and "Push-Gate" has reached the next level. I do hope the guy is ok. Apparently there are other views (though I haven't seen them), that make this look worse for Adams (though I've read both ways). Sidelines after the game are said to be nuts. Surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more. Collisions at least. Curious to hear the opinion of those who work them.
I'll chime in on this one. Yes, there is a lot going on on the field in those moments after the game. We are told to always have our head on a swivel and be aware of our surroundings. In that guy's defense though, when the producer says they need us there they mean now. He did look to be hastily running across like I would have. I've been in similar things with larger players and they usually just work around you, just like we do with them for the entire game!
My wife actually said while watching that unfold "luckily that wasn't you because I doubt you would have been as forgiving" which is probably half true, I played football until I was 43 and am well prepared to take a hit lol (that's why I get put in those spots at badger games quite a bit!) And I would have remained professional but might have "asked for an apology" on the spot!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This angle looks a lot better for davante.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
12 Oct 2022 10:21

Yep. All the jackasses out there piling on Davante like he's Ray Rice or something. Davante was clearly fixated elsewhere mentally and the dude crossed right in front of him and cut him off. Davante reacted instinctively, not with malice. I'd have done the same thing only had a couple choice words for the guy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
12 Oct 2022 11:05
BF004 wrote:

Yep. All the jackasses out there piling on Davante like he's Ray Rice or something. Davante was clearly fixated elsewhere mentally and the dude crossed right in front of him and cut him off. Davante reacted instinctively, not with malice. I'd have done the same thing only had a couple choice words for the guy.
your looking at a back view, the front or side one shows Adams hand and arms pushing to extension, totally uncalled for, Adams will be fined or even suspended for a game, he could have stopped right then, helped the guy up and apologized, waiting till hours later appears a ploy in hopes of lesser punishment.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Ok now this is getting ridiculous. If Davante gets charged, then Draymond Green better be charged with attempted murder.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Acrobat wrote:
12 Oct 2022 12:12
Ok now this is getting ridiculous. If Davante gets charged, then Draymond Green better be charged with attempted murder.
Adams charged with misdemeanor assault. :roll: Probably will get a 1 or 2 game suspension. Yes he pushed the guy but the guy also intentionally cut him off in a very emotional moment. Take it to trial 17!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Oct 2022 12:50
Acrobat wrote:
12 Oct 2022 12:12
Adams charged with misdemeanor assault. :roll: Probably will get a 1 or 2 game suspension. Yes he pushed the guy but the guy also intentionally cut him off in a very emotional moment. Take it to trial 17!
Someone with zero priors and a pretty exonerating angle,I’d be kind of pissed if he gets a suspension. Many much more deserving than that have gotten nothing.

Sure, fine his ass, no need for suspension.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
12 Oct 2022 11:32
APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:

your looking at a back view, the front or side one shows Adams hand and arms pushing to extension, totally uncalled for, Adams will be fined or even suspended for a game, he could have stopped right then, helped the guy up and apologized, waiting till hours later appears a ploy in hopes of lesser punishment.
I’m looking at the entire situation. Yes, DA pushed him. The guy got into DA’s personal space and he reacted. Sure, you can argue he responded with excess force but the reality is the cameraman instigated the entire episode. Don’t be surprised when a civil suit is filed by this clown seeking damages. With the “injuries” listed in the charges, you can bet that’s where this is going.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

APB wrote:
12 Oct 2022 17:36
Yoop wrote:
12 Oct 2022 11:32
APB wrote:

I’m looking at the entire situation. Yes, DA pushed him. The guy got into DA’s personal space and he reacted. Sure, you can argue he responded with excess force but the reality is the cameraman instigated the entire episode. Don’t be surprised when a civil suit is filed by this clown seeking damages. With the “injuries” listed in the charges, you can bet that’s where this is going.
The only criticism that could be leveled against Adams is that he wasn't in a hurry to apologize and help the guy up. Kind of just stood there, it seemed. But that is nitpicking. Absolutely not worthy of punishment of any kind IMO.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Former TE Tyrone Davis #81 has passed away. He was only 50. RIP

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Oct 2022 18:55

Do we know why? Awful regardless but I hope not a heart problem...

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
Absolutely. This guy sees what he thinks is easy $$$. DA's lawyers will make Swiss cheese of this guy's story during discovery/depositions. He claims he got a concussion. :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Oct 2022 19:28
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Oct 2022 18:55
Do we know why? Awful regardless but I hope not a heart problem...
All they said was "undisclosed illness"
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Oct 2022 19:30
APB wrote:
Absolutely. This guy sees what he thinks is easy $$$. DA's lawyers will make Swiss cheese of this guy's story during discovery/depositions. He claims he got a concussion. :lol:
A concussion? After hitting this head on a padded wall? Yeah, okay. Did he drive that night? The next day?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Oct 2022 07:50
wallyuwl wrote:
APB wrote:
A concussion? After hitting this head on a padded wall? Yeah, okay. Did he drive that night? The next day?
the guy has a job to do, he was simply trying to get in a better position to do it, I'am sure this stuff happens a lot, we don't hear about it because players realize these people are trying to earn a living to, I like Adams, but that has nothing to do with my feelings that Adams handled this poorly, and deserves a fine or even lose a game check for it.
and if a Dr. clarifies the guys claim of a concussion or other injury Adams is responsible to make that right to.

Adams is going to learn a lesson that many in this country should, ya don't get to use violence just because someone upsets you.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
13 Oct 2022 08:58
Raptorman wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

the guy has a job to do, he was simply trying to get in a better position to do it, I'am sure this stuff happens a lot, we don't hear about it because players realize these people are trying to earn a living to, I like Adams, but that has nothing to do with my feelings that Adams handled this poorly, and deserves a fine or even lose a game check for it.
and if a Dr. clarifies the guys claim of a concussion or other injury Adams is responsible to make that right to.

Adams is going to learn a lesson that many in this country should, ya don't get to use violence just because someone upsets you.
The fine citizens of Minneapolis, Baltimore, Kenosha, and too many more to count would disagree with you...but I digress. :mob:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

And if you watch the video, he's crossing in front of the tunnel and never even looks to see who is coming. But yeah, all Adams's fault. Why the charges? Oh because he can. That's one free-lance photographer who will never see the inside of the Vegas stadium while the Raiders are playing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Oct 2022 11:11
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

And if you watch the video, he's crossing in front of the tunnel and never even looks to see who is coming. But yeah, all Adams's fault. Why the charges? Oh because he can. That's one free-lance photographer who will never see the inside of the Vegas stadium while the Raiders are playing.
Adams saw him in time to push him so hard he went down, and you have no idea whether he'll work Vegas or not, and if the concussion is valid, he may not be able to work for awhile, hense the charges, he has to provide for himself and possibly a family, in his situation you'd probably do the same thing.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rude and unprofessional, not criminal.

If he did get injured, which I don't think is a ridiculous idea (a lot of hits that don't look bad still injure people), then the guy has every right to a civil suit, especially since medical bills are not affordable for most folks. Adams will probably also face some discipline from the league, which I can hardly argue with.

I've certainly seen worse from players, but I wouldn't excuse this much either.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto