Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Sounds like we got ourselves our Savage upgrade, folks! :mrgreen: :P :woohoo:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Only up from here!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this makes it seem a bit better, or just not as worse as the PFF grades, probably mean the same thing, but Amos slot at 21 sounds better and Savage at 32 I would presume is the worst starting safety.

I always try to correlate coverage issues to pass rush success, vise versa, and once we lost Gary last season, our rush became sporadic, so getting him or more consistent pass rush back translates to better coverage, or it should.

for the top 10 safety's according to Dalton Miller for PFN.com , never heard of him, but he does a good review of the top 10 safety's last year, Hydes at #8, read about Tyrann Mathieu at #7 and how it relates to us letting Hayward go ( APB made a solid point, management at times do crazy things) :dunno:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl- ... win-james/

Top NFL safeties in 2022 | 11-32
11) Jordan Poyer, Buffalo Bills
12) Quandre Diggs, Seattle Seahawks
13) Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Steelers
14) Jevon Holland, Miami Dolphins
15) Jamal Adams, Seattle Seahawks
16) Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings
17) Marcus Maye, New Orleans Saints
18) Jeremy Chinn, Carolina Panthers
19) Jimmie Ward, San Francisco 49ers
20) Amani Hooker, Tennessee Titans
21) Adrian Amos, Green Bay Packers
22) Devin McCourty, New England Patriots
23) Xavier McKinney, New York Giants
24) John Johnson III, Cleveland Browns
25) Jordan Whitehead, New York Jets
26) Tracy Walker, Detroit Lions
27) Adrian Phillips, New England Patriots
28) Justin Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
29) Kamren Curl, Washington Commanders
30) Vonn Bell, Cincinnati Bengals
31) Kyle Dugger, New England Patriots
32) Darnell Savage, Green Bay Packers

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Love to see it:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I got roasted by lots of folks for wanting to keep Hayward and Hyde. I get why we let both walk. But both were a mistake. Kind of validating for me, considering I know Jack squat.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Watson's speed rating should be like 98, with Tyreek Hill being the only guy ahead of him. Nobody catches homeboy from behind.

Bo Melton actually trained with Watson pre-draft and said that Watson has been timed in 4.2s, and from what I saw last year, I don't doubt it for a second.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I had to laugh at a tweet from Tej Seth. I guess he’s probably a Lions fan. But see below.
AJ Dillon (among running backs with at least 800 carries since 2020):

- tackle for loss rate: 4.4% (1st/42)
- explosive rate: 4.4% (42/42)

If you need 3 yards, he will get you 3 yards and if you need 5 yards, he will also get you 3 yards
There is some truth to that and some good humor too. I got a kick outta that one. But some cold or wet weather, there’s entirely a different story about Dillon. He’s really tough to tackle when traction slips. (Pun intended.) And he’s still very good catching screens or dump offs. Who wouldn’t want this guy in the open field running over CBs and LBs? That’s an easy call. Hahaha.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I saw SI post a stat that when D Campbell finally got going after injury last year that the Packers D only allowed over 20 points zero times in the last five games. Was Devondre such a player to inspire our defense to step up after he was injury-limited much of the year?

If so, if this guy remains healthy and Quay steps up a notch, would our D be a sure top ten unit?

We would look for better production from several guys on the D. And add LVN to the mix.But the main thing is that they step up more as a unit. Joe B has a job on the line. I hope that he is motivated to work like that’s the case AND that he can motivate the D like their jobs are on the line too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jul 2023 16:18
I saw SI post a stat that when D Campbell finally got going after injury last year that the Packers D only allowed over 20 points zero times in the last five games. Was Devondre such a player to inspire our defense to step up after he was injury-limited much of the year?

If so, if this guy remains healthy and Quay steps up a notch, would our D be a sure top ten unit?

We would look for better production from several guys on the D. And add LVN to the mix.But the main thing is that they step up more as a unit. Joe B has a job on the line. I hope that he is motivated to work like that’s the case AND that he can motivate the D like their jobs are on the line too.
The only things holding this D back from being a top 10 unit is injury, Joe Barry, and the safety position. And I'm a believer that Savage could pull his head out of his ass.

The talent is there.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
17 Jul 2023 21:47
Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jul 2023 16:18

The only things holding this D back from being a top 10 unit is injury, Joe Barry, and the safety position. And I'm a believer that Savage could pull his head out of his ass.

The talent is there.
The way Barry plays his defense safeties don’t matter that much. It really comes down to how weak he makes his corners play which to men doesn’t make sense in a shell defense. You want your CBs somewhat aggressive considering the safeties are back there.

Hopefully there is improvement from Quay and the DTs. If the run defense doesn’t improve throws is another mediocre defense. You secant be 2 shell playing in 2nd and 3rd and shorts all game. Doesn’t make any sense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Madden doesn’t care about Jayden’s 40 time.

Also, how does one get that job, be on a team assigning Madden ratings to all the nfl players.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jul 2023 11:48
Dude knows how to win in the big moments, I’ll give him that. More than I can say….well, never mind. :mrgreen:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Jordan Love to the haters in 2023.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
Curt Warner 2.0?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

APB wrote:
18 Jul 2023 18:39
BF004 wrote:
Dude knows how to win in the big moments, I’ll give him that. More than I can say….well, never mind. :mrgreen:
Maybe he could bring Sternberger with him too. Who knows? Maybe Jace has also found his way by now.