Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
21 Jul 2023 21:07
He is better than that. He will be a 18 to 24 QB this year. Not great by any means, but not among the leagues worst.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Must be a bares fan making up those Madden ratings. :nono:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 Jul 2023 22:02

He is better than that. He will be a 18 to 24 QB this year. Not great by any means, but not among the leagues worst.
He is #32 in salary cap. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/ca ... arterback/

I agree with the 18-24 range to start the season. The conclusion is that he is a steal, he is better than he is paid to be. And that is the way for a team to excel.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Jul 2023 17:05
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
21 Jul 2023 17:00
Stokes is worrisome. That should be healed and he should be good to go. I can't imagine that he comes off before camp starts. There would be no reason to put him on if that was the case.
Considering our conservative training staff, that is not surprising. He was put there warming up in OTAs, but didn't participate. I expect him to take a. Week or 2 to get back on the field in TC. If it is more than that I would be concerned.
Ya! Stokes is sounding like he feels ready to step up. And yeah, the staff is probably one of the most conservative in the league. If Stokes isn’t a step or two further by and of August, then I’d be worried about him.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

APB wrote:
21 Jul 2023 06:27
First off, welcome to the forum, @CWIMM!

Check out your profile page to add a personalized touch to your messages with an avatar image or favorite quote. Also, there's an instructional thread pasted to the top of each sub-forum page to assist with adding media or links to your posts. If you need an assist, just ask in a post. Most here are pretty knowledgeable and willing to help.

As for the Packers available cap space, I'd think the first priority is with signing Gary to a long term contract. Maybe get a deal worked out for Love, too, possibly after a few weeks of the regular season. I also don't expect much in the way of signing a FA, not with the transition year underway and too many unknowns at this point.
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I will gladly take the offer of asking someone if there's anything I need help with.

With that being said I fully expect the Packers to sign Gary to an extension at some point during the season as well. Most likely, that will reduce his cap hit for this season as the deal would be backloaded as currently done with most players. With Love being under contract through the 2024 season I believe the team will wait until the offseason to make a decision on extending him as well.

Other than that, the Packers don't have a lot of core players headed towards free agency after this season, probably resulting in them having some decent cap space to make moves in 2024.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

BF004 wrote:
21 Jul 2023 10:53
I would have guessed we’d be worse.

According to Football Outsiders the Packers had the lowest percentage of offensive drives ending in a three-and-out last season at 14.1%.
NCF wrote:
21 Jul 2023 16:56
Jake Hanson already passed his physical and was activated of the PUP list.
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
21 Jul 2023 17:00
Stokes is worrisome. That should be healed and he should be good to go. I can't imagine that he comes off before camp starts. There would be no reason to put him on if that was the case.
According to some reports Stokes is expected to be taken off the PUP list at some point during camp. I was surprised he ended up being put on it as well though.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I thought I had heard that Stokes' ankle injury was actually pretty devastating and could affect this season, so I'm glad to hear that he's on track to be taken off the PUP list. Hope Gary is ready too.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

finally, maybe now we can get more then just a slice of cheese that resembles a slice of cake, personally I'd like to see some sort of suction cups attached so I can wet them and stick em on my windows :rotf:
delete, delete, delete
Bringing in some revenue never hurts

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Personally I think the Cheeseheads are dumb but it was cool to see outside business thrive from the NFL with no actual NFL licensing. It was an idea that took off and that is so cool.

Kinda sad to see the big monster absorb another local favorite. Just like when the Jersey Store went out of business.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I wish the article had said something like "Since the company's foamation in 1987..."

Missed opportunity here.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2023 13:10
Personally I think the Cheeseheads are dumb but it was cool to see outside business thrive from the NFL with no actual NFL licensing. It was an idea that took off and that is so cool.

Kinda sad to see the big monster absorb another local favorite. Just like when the Jersey Store went out of business.
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those dumb things. I did have a pair of small foam cheesehead earrings years ago but I lost one of them somewhere. I did hear the local company that made them are happy to have the business off their hands. Perhaps they are retiring...?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I hear people writing and discussing Love’s potential contract re-do/extension/whatever it might be and I’m miffed. They compare how they think the Pack will proceed based upon the example they made with Rodgers about a million years ago. Okay, maybe more like 15 years ago.

When I hear this, they usually suggest that the Pack will extend Love after the midpoint of the season, once they know if they have a jewel or not.

Frankly, I doubt that the Rodgers example will have anything at all to do with the Love situation. Maybe it’ll all work out the same. Maybe not.

I do think that Guty will want the deal sooner than later and that would probably lead to a deal by Thanksgiving. They’ll either believe in Love by then or not. But I could only see one thing delaying that; if Love and his agent want to see what happens with the QB market in the following months. Maybe they’ll feel like they can stack Love in with the better QBs and get a better deal.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jul 2023 16:28
Due diligence as always.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jul 2023 16:28
It seems they will sign WR Cody Chrest instead of Eason though.
Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Jul 2023 17:23
I hear people writing and discussing Love’s potential contract re-do/extension/whatever it might be and I’m miffed. They compare how they think the Pack will proceed based upon the example they made with Rodgers about a million years ago. Okay, maybe more like 15 years ago.

When I hear this, they usually suggest that the Pack will extend Love after the midpoint of the season, once they know if they have a jewel or not.

Frankly, I doubt that the Rodgers example will have anything at all to do with the Love situation. Maybe it’ll all work out the same. Maybe not.

I do think that Guty will want the deal sooner than later and that would probably lead to a deal by Thanksgiving. They’ll either believe in Love by then or not. But I could only see one thing delaying that; if Love and his agent want to see what happens with the QB market in the following months. Maybe they’ll feel like they can stack Love in with the better QBs and get a better deal.
I expect the Packers to offer Love an extension as soon as possible if they deem him to be a legit starter.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Jul 2023 17:23

So you think the Love situation will be completely different than the Rodgers situation because of instead of an extension at Halloween...it will be 3 weeks later before Thanksgiving? :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Really cool interview

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."