Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 16:59
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's playing the long game! ;)

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 06:06
The NFL is suspending Denver Broncos safety Kareem Jackson four games without pay after his hit on Minnesota Vikings quarterback Joshua Dobbs on Sunday night.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-suspen ... 17131.html

what good is another 4 game suspension, this is his first game back from the last one, which the nfl caved on and lowered it to just 2 games, and now this spearing hit to Dobbs, Jackson should have gotten the rest of this season, he was suspended last season for a game or two as well, just a cheap shot player.
The Players Union will always go to bat for him, instead of the victim.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:30
go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:22
APB wrote:
20 Nov 2023 14:22
I'm happy TBLS is getting a shot. Hope he performs well.
*but still loses*
Playing the Dolphins?

TBLS could gave the best game of his career and still lose by two scores.
The Laser Show is ready to burn!!! :worship:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-off ... 05608.html

The Chiefs had two chances to win with a big drive after the Eagles took a late lead. Mahomes seems almost automatic in those situations. But the Chiefs couldn't get it done. They went three-and-out the first time. On the second chance, Mahomes had the right read with less than two minutes left and unleashed a laser deep downfield to an open Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Valdes-Scantling dropped it.

just shocking :rotf:

we complain about our best players letting us down in big games, well it's sure not unique with us.

The Chiefs should have won but two bad red-zone turnovers cost them. Mahomes threw an interception into the end zone in the first half and Travis Kelce lost a fumble in the second half. You don't expect two future Hall of Famers to make mistakes like that, but that helped keep the Eagles in the game.
Last edited by Yoop on 21 Nov 2023 06:29, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
21 Nov 2023 06:17
Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 06:06
The NFL is suspending Denver Broncos safety Kareem Jackson four games without pay after his hit on Minnesota Vikings quarterback Joshua Dobbs on Sunday night.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-suspen ... 17131.html

what good is another 4 game suspension, this is his first game back from the last one, which the nfl caved on and lowered it to just 2 games, and now this spearing hit to Dobbs, Jackson should have gotten the rest of this season, he was suspended last season for a game or two as well, just a cheap shot player.
The Players Union will always go to bat for him, instead of the victim.
as a life long union member I tend to support union labor, Sports unions, not so much

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 06:20

The Chiefs had two chances to win with a big drive after the Eagles took a late lead. Mahomes seems almost automatic in those situations. But the Chiefs couldn't get it done. They went three-and-out the first time. On the second chance, Mahomes had the right read with less than two minutes left and unleashed a laser deep downfield to an open Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Valdes-Scantling dropped it.

we complain about our best players letting us down in big games, well it's sure not unique with us.

The Chiefs should have won but two bad red-zone turnovers cost them. Mahomes threw an interception into the end zone in the first half and Travis Kelce lost a fumble in the second half. You don't expect two future Hall of Famers to make mistakes like that, but that helped keep the Eagles in the game.
The dropped pass to MVS was dead on but Mahomes had accuracy issues all night last night. Completed 55% of attempts with the poor throw INT in the red zone. The loss will be laid at the feet of MVS but, as is typical, it goes a bit deeper than that.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah people have been talking about our LAC-DET-KC stretch like it's a murderer's row, but as we saw, LA-C isn't all that good, and I also think that people are overrating how difficult of an opponent KC is. They have not really looked like their recent championship teams, and Mahomes is not having an MVP year.

Not saying I like our chances against them (because this team has a long way to go), but unless it ends up being the game that Mahomes suddenly turns things around and goes on an MVP-caliber tear, I sure don't think this game is in the bag for them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The test with KC will be their defense against our D. Their D is legit. We will get to see what level Love and the offense is really performing at that week. Should be fun!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I just want to beat Detroit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

A week and two days after making an absolute fool of our D-Coord, the Steelers have fired their O-Coord Matt Canada.
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Labrev wrote:
21 Nov 2023 09:19
A week and two days after making an absolute fool of our D-Coord, the Steelers have fired their O-Coord Matt Canada.
and thanks to the Chargers having a case of the drops and the fumbles, our DC looks good stat wise and stays.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2023 06:44
Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 06:20

The Chiefs should have won but two bad red-zone turnovers cost them. Mahomes threw an interception into the end zone in the first half and Travis Kelce lost a fumble in the second half. You don't expect two future Hall of Famers to make mistakes like that, but that helped keep the Eagles in the gam
The dropped pass to MVS was dead on but Mahomes had accuracy issues all night last night. Completed 55% of attempts with the poor throw INT in the red zone. The loss will be laid at the feet of MVS but, as is typical, it goes a bit deeper than that.
The Chiefs have surprisingly been very challenged offensively this year. Especially in the 2nd half. (just seen a stat on ESPN) I still think Mahomes is probably the best QB in the league but clearly he is fallible. His supporting cast let him down in the clutch.

The MVS play was predictable. I felt bad for him honestly, but that is who he is. This may not be a popular take but I kind of feel Christian Watson is MVS limited edition. He has more bells and whistles and looks really nice with running boards and fog lights but in the end, the vehicle/ player is flawed and leave you stranded on the highway calling AAA.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

MY_TAKE wrote:
21 Nov 2023 09:42

The MVS play was predictable. I felt bad for him honestly, but that is who he is. This may not be a popular take but I kind of feel Christian Watson is MVS limited edition. He has more bells and whistles and looks really nice with running boards and fog lights but in the end, the vehicle/ player is flawed and leave you stranded on the highway calling AAA.
I like it!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

That was the MVS special.

Mahomes looks limited this year because hes been dealing with what Rodgers dealt with last 5 years.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Nov 2023 09:53
That was the MVS special.

Mahomes looks limited this year because hes been dealing with what Rodgers dealt with last 5 years.
I said basically the same thing, but whats the use, this room defends not getting Rodgers better talent, so I deleted my post, that throw to MVS was 60 yrds air, spot on, thats what a strong arm looks like.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 10:09
I said basically the same thing, but whats the use, this room defends not getting Rodgers better talent,
And what great talent did Mahomes have last year in his MVP/SB-win season?

You kept making our WR situation out to be some grievous error unique only to our inept FO. So now Brett Veach, considered one of the best GMs in the business, is guilty of the same thing you decried with Gute. Is he just a terrible GM too? I guess all GMs are just terrible.

No, this is what life with an Elite QB's Contract looks like. Seattle and Wilson saw it a few years after their great run. KC and Mahomes are seeing it now. Soon, Philly and Hurts will be in the same boat. Elite QBs are payed to overcome the personnel losses, be it at WR, defense, or wherever.

Some, like Mahomes last year, actually do. Brees did too IMO but got screwed.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
21 Nov 2023 10:24
Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 10:09
I said basically the same thing, but whats the use, this room defends not getting Rodgers better talent,
And what great talent did Mahomes have last year in his MVP/SB-win season?

You kept making our WR situation out to be some grievous error unique only to our inept FO. So now Brett Veach, considered one of the best GMs in the business, is guilty of the same thing you decried with Gute. Is he just a terrible GM too? I guess all GMs are just terrible.

No, this is what life with an Elite QB's Contract looks like. Seattle and Wilson saw it a few years after their great run. KC and Mahomes are seeing it now. Soon, Philly and Hurts will be in the same boat. Elite QBs are payed to overcome the personnel losses, be it at WR, defense, or wherever.

Some, like Mahomes last year, actually do. Brees did too IMO but got screwed.
better then Rodgers has had for years, admit it or don't, KC at least attempted to improve, both Toney and Moore I think where 2nd rounders.

they have Watson, Rice and MVS starting plus Toney, Moore and Hardeman to go with one of the best TE the last decade, they also had Tyreek Hill if memory serves, thats more devotion to the position then we used for 9 years, keep dreaming, ya can still build a very good defense and skill position offense and still have the most expensive QB in the league

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 10:54
better then Rodgers has had for years, admit it or don't, KC at least attempted to improve, both Toney and Moore I think where 2nd rounders.

they have Watson, Rice and MVS starting plus Toney, Moore and Hardeman to go with one of the best TE the last decade, they also had Tyreek Hill if memory serves, thats more devotion to the position then we used for 9 years, keep dreaming,
You're being dishonest. If that was Rodgers's WR group you would throw a fit at the lack of star power, and you know it.

We had Adams, arguably the best in the league, and you insisted WR2 also needs to be an all-star. None of these WRs you are trying to hold up as being so mcuh better than what we had are star players, or anywhere close to it.

Why are you defending Brett Veach wasting the prime of a HOF-caliber QB? Why are you defending this craziness? You just keep defending the GM, you are a slavish Veach Defender! (.... sound familiar??)

ya can still build a very good defense and skill position offense and still have the most expensive QB in the league
Do you have an actual example, or are you just wishfully insisting it can be so? I provided two other team examples that say otherwise, as well as examples of how Elite QBs overcome losses of talent (notably, the QB in question).
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
21 Nov 2023 11:14
Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2023 10:54

they have Watson, Rice and MVS starting plus Toney, Moore and Hardeman to go with one of the best TE the last decade, they also had Tyreek Hill if memory serves, thats more devotion to the position then we used for 9 years, keep dreaming,
You're being dishonest. If that was Rodgers's WR group you would throw a fit at the lack of star power, and you know it.

We had Adams, arguably the best in the league, and you insisted WR2 also needs to be an all-star. None of these WRs you are trying to hold up as being so mcuh better than what we had are star players, or anywhere close to it.

Why are you defending Brett Veach wasting the prime of a HOF-caliber QB? Why are you defending this craziness? You just keep defending the GM, you are a slavish Veach Defender! (.... sound familiar??)

ya can still build a very good defense and skill position offense and still have the most expensive QB in the league
Do you have an actual example, or are you just wishfully insisting it can be so? I provided two other team examples that say otherwise, as well as examples of how Elite QBs overcome losses of talent (notably, the QB in question).
because Adams isn't enough, and never was when we get to the best defenses in the league, your better off have2 or 3 or even 4 that are not quite Adams good then just Adams and a bunch of jags.

I don't do data to well any more, if you where as invested to actually dig a little to find teams with high contract QB's I sure you could also find that some at least have several quality targets to throw to, KC also has Kelce, when was the last time Rodgers had a TE to even come close to that talent, Finley is the obvious with sprinkles of several others that didn't last long.

we went from drafting Adams round 2, 014 to Watson in the 22 draft without a 2nd round pick at WR, and jags and misses after that, if thats not QB abuse I don't know what is, quit defending our GM's

and just watch, KC and Mahomes will pull it together and probably beat the Eagles ( whomever else) in this coming SB

like Rodgers Mahomes isn't perfect every game, still he wins because KC has a better team, they have better defense, ST's and offense.
Last edited by Yoop on 21 Nov 2023 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

3 years in a row the SB champions acquired a WR either off the street or via trade that scored a TD in the SB. AB, OBJ, and Toney. Packers meanwhile kept trying to act like MVS and Lazard were legitimate and consistent threats. Both got overpaid inexplicably on there way out despite not being able to produce numbers with a MVP QB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.