General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:19
NCF wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:06
Newman hasn't been particularly good, but at least he and Turner have stayed in there. Between LT and OC, there has been a ton of musical chairs and they have really held up well.
I actually think Newman has played fairly well, but has had too many mental mistakes and outright whiffs. But he's played really well in between. 1 more year in the program and the weight room will do him wonders. A lot to like there.
To my untrained eyes it looks like we do pretty well when we run more power instead of zone to the right side. I think Myers/Newman can move people pretty darn well. MLF said in the presser that the outside zone wasn't working early so they went to more of a power (he didn't say power; I don't know OL play) and both long runs (Jones' and Dillon's)yesterday were through the RG gap, I believe. It may be that the nuances of the zone scheme are taking longer to learn, but that he's a pretty gifted player so he does well when his job is clear.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:26
paco wrote:
NCF wrote:
Newman hasn't been particularly good, but at least he and Turner have stayed in there. Between LT and OC, there has been a ton of musical chairs and they have really held up well.
I actually think Newman has played fairly well, but has had too many mental mistakes and outright whiffs. But he's played really well in between. 1 more year in the program and the weight room will do him wonders. A lot to like there.
To my untrained eyes it looks like we do pretty well when we run more power instead of zone to the right side. I think Myers/Newman can move people pretty darn well. MLF said in the presser that the outside zone wasn't working early so they went to more of a power (he didn't say power; I don't know OL play) and both long runs (Jones' and Dillon's)yesterday were through the RG gap, I believe. It may be that the nuances of the zone scheme are taking longer to learn, but that he's a pretty gifted player so he does well when his job is clear.
Indeed. Here's a nice example of Newman pulling to the left and making a block on Dillon's big run.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
Newman’s days are numbered after Sunday. That was a really bad performance. I’m wondering if maybe the switch up at center caused some communication issues or unfamiliarity. Having two blown assignments is unacceptable.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:29
YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:26
paco wrote:

Indeed. Here's a nice example of Newman pulling to the left and making a block on Dillon's big run.
Nice little trap play.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:32
NCF wrote:
Newman’s days are numbered after Sunday. That was a really bad performance. I’m wondering if maybe the switch up at center caused some communication issues or unfamiliarity. Having two blown assignments is unacceptable.
The only way I see Newman not being in there is if after Bakh gets back, they move Runyan to the right side. I think Patrick will stick at OC as long as Myers is out.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That is a really beautifully blocked play!

If you told me before the play that this guy (89) was gonna block that guy (44), and he was going to push him, in fact, to the left, I would have chuckled at you.
image.png
image.png (578.38 KiB) Viewed 248 times

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:34
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:
The only way I see Newman not being in there is if after Bakh gets back, they move Runyan to the right side. I think Patrick will stick at OC as long as Myers is out.
I think that’s what should happen. I think Runyan has been really good. The only thing I think that might prevent that is continuity but if it’s true they want the best 5 to play you can’t have Newman in there.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:46
paco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 09:34
lupedafiasco wrote:

I think that’s what should happen. I think Runyan has been really good. The only thing I think that might prevent that is continuity but if it’s true they want the best 5 to play you can’t have Newman in there.
I agree as well. Runyan is better now. But I have a feeling they'll stick with Newman for continuity. But it will test that best 5 standpoint.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Let's just roll with 6 OL and Lewis and plow people for the season. Best Six.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 10:15
Lewis might already be our 3rd best OL! But this is definitely something to keep in mind as it gets colder and later in the season. We have the tools to plow people. Gotta use it.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:shock:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Please be nice to use after the season Davante. If not, make whoever else it is pay big time!
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 11:46
Please be nice to use after the season Davante. If not, make whoever else it is pay big time!
Dang, young guns filling slots 2-4 is kinda cool

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

No offense to AJ, but that is some amateur graphics work

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 12:04
No offense to AJ, but that is some amateur graphics work
Looks like he took it down. And I doubt he does his own graphics work. But yes, could have been way better.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
:cheer: :heart: :heart: :cheer:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Return of the U71 package? :woohoo:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.