Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We have a shiny new kicker!

Brkic is likely out.

si.com
The Green Bay Packers have a new kicker. According to agent Paul Sheehy, they signed Ramiz Ahmed.

Ahmed spent part of training camp with the Chicago Bears in 2020. In 2022, he was drafted by the Pittsburgh Maulers of the USFL. In Week 8, he made a league-record 61-yard field goal.

In 10 games, Ahmed made 14-of-22 field goals (64.0 percent) and 7-of-10 point-after tries (70.0 percent).

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
14 Aug 2022 13:35
We have a shiny new kicker!

Brkic is likely out.

si.com
The Green Bay Packers have a new kicker. According to agent Paul Sheehy, they signed Ramiz Ahmed.

Ahmed spent part of training camp with the Chicago Bears in 2020. In 2022, he was drafted by the Pittsburgh Maulers of the USFL. In Week 8, he made a league-record 61-yard field goal.

In 10 games, Ahmed made 14-of-22 field goals (64.0 percent) and 7-of-10 point-after tries (70.0 percent).
Ah.....could be second coming of Booth Lusteg! Or maybe even Mike Mercer. There were a few other notables as well. Lou Michaels was one of them. Joe Danelo, Dean Dorsey, Dale Livingston, Max Zendejas.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

DELETE
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 18 Aug 2022 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

As expected, Tonyan, Jenkins and Watson are no longer on PUP

Nagler on Cheesehead TV, today

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Aug 2022 10:46
BF004 wrote:
14 Aug 2022 07:55
Drj820 wrote:
13 Aug 2022 21:24
Next offseason, the packers will have to decide on Loves 5th year option. Don’t be surprised when the Packers draft a QB in the first round next year and Jordan is sold for a couple sheckles
Have you always been this negative and glum on every post and I didn’t notice, or did this just change in the like the last year?
I’ve said lots of positive things this off-season. For instance, I’m thrilled with new STs hire, I believe we have one of the best RB rooms in the NFL, and I’m pumped for the defense.

We’ve just been on the topic of Jordan Love, and for that topic I state my opinions strongly...I think he should have played all 4 quarters last night, and I think the team is hiding him because he doesn’t have “it”. Thus, I predict we do not pick up his 5th year option, and may draft another qb next year.

That’s my opinion, do you have one on the option?

I beat the drum hard that STs would cost us a super bowl, and it did. That wasn’t negative, that was just a prediction that came true. Now we are talking about Jordan Love and my feelings are not happy with rainbows. Many things I feel good about with the team tho.
Yes, I get you’ve been on the topic of Jordan love a lot, but I don’t think anyone was talking about him on this page, maybe I was wrong.

I despised the pick, still do, yet I’m still on the team of let it play out and see what he does when the time comes, we will more than likely know Aaron’s 2023 decision before 5th year option.. Ton of football and film and meetings before we decide 5th year option.

I mean he’s had like maybe 10-14 quarters of actual game action, never with a real game plan in a meaningful game. Peyton Manning set the rookie interception record in a season I believe. Been more bad than good thus far, just feel like anyone pushing a known result is an idiot, given QBs history’s and Jordan Love’s start. Probably gunna be correct, just given odds, just doesn’t mean they are right now.

And not sure why people go out of their way to try to let us all know how bad he is, even off topic.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
14 Aug 2022 16:34
Drj820 wrote:
14 Aug 2022 10:46
BF004 wrote:
14 Aug 2022 07:55

Have you always been this negative and glum on every post and I didn’t notice, or did this just change in the like the last year?
I’ve said lots of positive things this off-season. For instance, I’m thrilled with new STs hire, I believe we have one of the best RB rooms in the NFL, and I’m pumped for the defense.

We’ve just been on the topic of Jordan Love, and for that topic I state my opinions strongly...I think he should have played all 4 quarters last night, and I think the team is hiding him because he doesn’t have “it”. Thus, I predict we do not pick up his 5th year option, and may draft another qb next year.

That’s my opinion, do you have one on the option?

I beat the drum hard that STs would cost us a super bowl, and it did. That wasn’t negative, that was just a prediction that came true. Now we are talking about Jordan Love and my feelings are not happy with rainbows. Many things I feel good about with the team tho.
Yes, I get you’ve been on the topic of Jordan love a lot, but I don’t think anyone was talking about him on this page, maybe I was wrong.

I despised the pick, still do, yet I’m still on the team of let it play out and see what he does when the time comes, we will more than likely know Aaron’s 2023 decision before 5th year option.. Ton of football and film and meetings before we decide 5th year option.

I mean he’s had like maybe 10-14 quarters of actual game action, never with a real game plan in a meaningful game. Peyton Manning set the rookie interception record in a season I believe. Been more bad than good thus far, just feel like anyone pushing a known result is an idiot, given QBs history’s and Jordan Love’s start. Probably gunna be correct, just given odds, just doesn’t mean they are right now.

And not sure why people go out of their way to try to let us all know how bad he is, even off topic.
I made this post before the thread on his 5th year option was made into its own thread. I thought discussion of his option would fit under packers news. Apologies.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
15 Aug 2022 11:59
This is far more shocking than it deserves to be, but dang. He was a ST guy competing at a wide open depth spot. Of not now, when, Randy?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was always really high on Ramsey.

Danget. His injuries just did him in.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I feel for the guy, sounds like that ankle injury was brutal. I hope he can get healthy and get another shot.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Aug 2022 12:30
I was always really high on Ramsey.

Danget. His injuries just did him in.
I always like Garvin more personally.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Sooooo.....

...where are we consolidating the roster move news? This thread? Or the predict the 53 man roster thread?

I'll just post this in both for now...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
16 Aug 2022 09:41
Huh.

Just thinking off the top of my head, I'd have thought Preston was at least 30 yrs old. Maybe Amos, too.

Not complaining...

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Dafney, Baylor and Moore just got cut

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

ILB Ellis Brooks was also cut. I had no idea who Moore refers to, some lineman by the name of George Moore.

I liked Dafney but am not surprised they cut him. Baylor is a bit unexpected.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The first round of cuts is always an interesting mix of "guys who never had any chance" (Moore, Brooks, etc) and "guys who we want to give a better chance to catch on with other teams for their sake by doing it early" in order to keep a good working relationship for someone they may bring back in the future (or PS)

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
16 Aug 2022 11:31
NCF wrote:
Huh.

Just thinking off the top of my head, I'd have thought Preston was at least 30 yrs old. Maybe Amos, too.

Not complaining...
packers.com has them both as 29

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Half Empty wrote:
16 Aug 2022 15:19
APB wrote:
16 Aug 2022 11:31
NCF wrote:
Huh.

Not complaining...
packers.com has them both as 29
Aren't we all?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

WR Malik Taylor cut.

Ramsey, Dafney and Taylor all were probably gonna get eventually released, but all got cut earlier than expected. Possibly courtesy cuts to let them have a chance to try out for other teams during camp.