Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Taylor was definitely a cut candidate with our current group of WRs.

I do feel kinda bad for him though. The guy performs pretty well whenever he is called upon. I have never seen him make a mistake. He's not even that bad of an athlete, yet he's one of those guys you always look to upgrade over. I hope he can catch on somewhere.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Huh!

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
17 Aug 2022 12:25
Taylor was definitely a cut candidate with our current group of WRs.

I do feel kinda bad for him though. The guy performs pretty well whenever he is called upon. I have never seen him make a mistake. He's not even that bad of an athlete, yet he's one of those guys you always look to upgrade over. I hope he can catch on somewhere.
Has Malik outgrown practice squad eligibility? Because beyond occasional “get promoted when a few starters are hurt”, he’s practice squad material through and through
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Eh, special teams add maybe, most likely a camp add for bodies. Was active for 1 game last year
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Aug 2022 16:31
Eh, special teams add maybe, most likely a camp add for bodies. Was active for 1 game last year
Ref: Travis Fulgham

He had a decent 2020. I even picked him up in my fantasy league as a flyer with the production he was getting.

Side note: he’s a big body, 6’2 / 215. He also apparently excels at blocking.

I suppose going to Denver last year didn’t do much for him from a career standpoint. Will be interesting to see if he can make something for himself in GB.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The prodigal son returns

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Fulgham just a body in camp. He would have to impress Bisaccia on teams to have any chance to hang around past August 30th.

Danny Davis is now hurt and Christian isn't fully a go yet, so yeah, they needed another body right now.

Hey, maybe he will impress on teams in last 2 preseason games and shock everyone and make the 53.

He lasted 9 days in 2020. Let's see if he can beat that and last to the cut to 53 on the 30th. He may not beat it and be gone in the cut to 80 on the 23rd.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/list ... ae-turpin/

3 Packers sneak onto this list of secret superstars. Nice read all the way through to be honest. Good stuff from Doug Farrar, gunna have to start following him closer.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Hope this means Goodson makes the squad. I like Patrick Taylor and I know he's more of a fixture on ST. But I would like to keep Goodson around and have a suspicion he would get snatched up if put on the PS.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott and Van Lanen, liked both.

I think we need 1 more yet?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:41

Nope, Hill to inactive PUP.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:38
Hope this means Goodson makes the squad. I like Patrick Taylor and I know he's more of a fixture on ST. But I would like to keep Goodson around and have a suspicion he would get snatched up if put on the PS.
Patrick Taylor stood out to me more than once on his pass blocking. Only one component, but an important one. RB3’s main role will be ST, pass blocking, pass catching, then running.

Not to say he is definitively better than Goodson, maybe is, maybe not, just noticed Taylor on more than one occasion doing some plus work.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:44
BF004 wrote:

Wasn’t he already on PUP?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:45
paco wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:38
Patrick Taylor stood out to me more than once on his pass blocking. Only one component, but an important one. RB3’s main role will be ST, pass blocking, pass catching, then running.

Not to say he is definitively better than Goodson, maybe is, maybe not, just noticed Taylor on more than one occasion doing some plus work.
I don't disagree with you there at all. I just like Goodson's upside as a runner and playmaker better. Hope we find a way to keep them both around.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:46
NCF wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:44
BF004 wrote:

Wasn’t he already on PUP?
Active PUP.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I LOVE that we got a pick for CVL. I don't think he'll ever be more than a backup, and we only spent, what, a 6th on him? So we recover a late pick for a late pick. Wasn't gonna make the roster anyway. Tom's quick development, the starting OTs getting healthy, and Jones' surprising ability made him kinda useless to us.

That's fun.

Shame about Scott. He had promise and just never clicked, then got injured... again.

I hope Innis Gaines' return to health goes smoothly. I actually like his upside. Then we have Davis and Abernathy fighting for likely the last spot. Carpenter to PS unless he's just a ST maven.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Aug 2022 13:52
Carpenter to PS unless he's just a ST maven.
I think that is one of the most disappointing aspects from our late round picks. It almost seemed like the Carpenter pick was 100% ST and almost no positional value. Yet, from the sounds of it, the team doesn't seem to think he can help them out much in that area, at least at this point.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
23 Aug 2022 14:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think that is one of the most disappointing aspects from our late round picks. It almost seemed like the Carpenter pick was 100% ST and almost no positional value. Yet, from the sounds of it, the team doesn't seem to think he can help them out much in that area, at least at this point.
Can hardly be disappointed at loading up on those types in the 7th, especially when you have 4 7ths and our ST was as bad as it was. They are always long-shots to make it anyway. And I wouldn't say that Carpenter had no positional value especially when you look at the depth at safety. He had as much of a shot to shine at #3 or #4 safety as anyone. He just, didn't.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
23 Aug 2022 14:53
NCF wrote:
23 Aug 2022 14:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
Can hardly be disappointed at loading up on those types in the 7th, especially when you have 4 7ths and our ST was as bad as it was. They are always long-shots to make it anyway. And I wouldn't say that Carpenter had no positional value especially when you look at the depth at safety. He had as much of a shot to shine at #3 or #4 safety as anyone. He just, didn't.
Yeah, he didn't, but I think it goes back to the day after he was drafted and Matt LaFleur saying I think we are going to start him with the ILB group. That sounds, to me, sounds like a guy that they didn't have a positional plan for. My point is I thought, based on that and some of the pre-draft analysis, this guy would walk in and be a regular on all the Teams units immediately. Unfortunately, there also, he just didn't.

Read More. Post Less.