Amari Rodgers Training Video

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:02
Drj820 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 23:54

“Cook your tiny mind” wtf??? Lol

My point is something you still fail to understand. The correct place for the ball becomes obvious as a play develops. It’s not rocket science. Where the ball should be often depends on defensive coverage, and you can tell when a QB misjudged placement. How often do you hear aikman say “he’s gotta put that ball on his outside shoulder....” or comment on where the ball should have been? They say that stuff all game when a bad QB is playing. Do you really think aikman is looking at the packers playbook when he says that stuff? Hint: he’s not, it’s just obvious where the ball should be based on the the route and coverage.

You may need a playbook to determine if the receiver ran a good route or the qb made a good throw, many of us can tell because we watch football.
Haha you are even now contradicting your previous support. If Rodgers throws what looks like a bad ball and gives a look at the receiver that probably is an incorrect route by the receiver, that's on the receiver. However, you also say that since the placement is bad it is on the QB.

Sure some throws are easy to determine, as you pointed out, a back shoulder on the front shoulder is easy to pick out. However, there is a heck of a lot more to it than that. If a QB overthrows the WR on a post, is that the QB throwing a bad pass or the receiver running a shallow post when they should have run a skinny post? We can't know that. This is where you ignorance shows. You think the routes are simplistic, they are not. You think you can tell, but unfortunately you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
I know Yoop embarrassed you and this has caused you to lash out and repeatedly question my intellect, but I will just note I have resisted going eye for an eye with you in this manner. You have shamed yourself plenty today, I don’t need to pile on.

Skinny post, shallow post blah blah...has nothing to do with the point I’ve been making last few posts...one can look at a route and look at a defense and tell where the ball should be. You admitted I was right, then continued to rub feces on your face because you are lashing out. It’s sad.
Oh how precious. You started it and now are crying foul. So like someone who can dish it out but can't take it. We knew that already though.

The type of route it should be has everything to do with it. We just do not know for certain what that would be as we aren't privy to that information. You continue to exhibit how very very ignorant you are when if comes to football. You can keep exhibiting that or stop, your call.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 06 Aug 2022 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
bud fox wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:00
It is more complicated than it looks but it isn't rocket science.

There was a swing route last year to amari and 23/others blamed Rodgers placement. The reality was amari didn't run the right route and you can tell that because of how Rodgers signalled to him, Rodgers being the best and amari being a rookie.

You can often tell when Rodgers does something wrong which is not often. He has a certain demeanour following the play.
165 incompletions last year, are you claiming the vast majority of those you saw Rodgers give his receivers "a look" or exhibited this demeanor? I agree there are times he does get on his receivers and we can see it, but that is no where near enough to determine if a route was incorrect or the ball placement was not good, on any given play.
No you can tell when Rodgers makes the mistake.

Undrafted wr and line or the best qb of all time? This may be the ultimate test of a little mind.
I tend to agree with you. It is not as clear cut as that, but it is tough to tell if it was Rodgers or the receiver on any given play. There are times we absolutely can tell on both sides, but the vast majority of the time we can do little more than guess.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:11
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:02

Haha you are even now contradicting your previous support. If Rodgers throws what looks like a bad ball and gives a look at the receiver that probably is an incorrect route by the receiver, that's on the receiver. However, you also say that since the placement is bad it is on the QB.

Sure some throws are easy to determine, as you pointed out, a back shoulder on the front shoulder is easy to pick out. However, there is a heck of a lot more to it than that. If a QB overthrows the WR on a post, is that the QB throwing a bad pass or the receiver running a shallow post when they should have run a skinny post? We can't know that. This is where you ignorance shows. You think the routes are simplistic, they are not. You think you can tell, but unfortunately you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
I know Yoop embarrassed you and this has caused you to lash out and repeatedly question my intellect, but I will just note I have resisted going eye for an eye with you in this manner. You have shamed yourself plenty today, I don’t need to pile on.

Skinny post, shallow post blah blah...has nothing to do with the point I’ve been making last few posts...one can look at a route and look at a defense and tell where the ball should be. You admitted I was right, then continued to rub feces on your face because you are lashing out. It’s sad.
Oh how precious. You started it and now are crying foul. So like someone who can dish it out but can't take it. We knew that already though.

The type of route it should be has everything to do with it. We just do not know for certain what that would be as we aren't privy to that information You continue you exhibit how very very ignorant you are when if comes to football. You can keep exhibiting that or stop, your call.
Im ñot crying foul, just thinking of some mean things to say as you question my intellect, but showing self control and resisting. Haha

Somewhat interesting tho you can’t tell a good pass from a bad pass and you call others ignorant. I will give you some credit tho. A few posts up you said Rodgers was a good QB. I never thought I would hear you admit such a thing, so well done on being able to state that fact without needing to see the playbook first.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:17
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

The type of route it should be has everything to do with it. We just do not know for certain what that would be as we aren't privy to that information You continue you exhibit how very very ignorant you are when if comes to football. You can keep exhibiting that or stop, your call.
Im ñot crying foul, just thinking of some mean things to say as you question my intellect, but showing self control and resisting. Haha

Somewhat interesting tho you can’t tell a good pass from a bad pass and you call others ignorant. I will give you some credit tho. A few posts up you said Rodgers was a good QB. I never thought I would hear you admit such a thing, so well done on being able to state that fact without needing to see the playbook first.
I don't have to question it, I can see that lack of it when it comes to football. The last few posts have confirmed that, see disregard of different ways to run a post.

I can't tell a good pass from a bad pass? That's usually easy. What gets much more complicated is ball placement or... Catch point...! What was originally talked about before you tried to throw up a bunch of strawman arguments. If a ball on an out is low, did the receiver run it too deep or did the QB simply throw it low? If you claim to know for certain, you are lying. NFL football is much more complicated than your simplistic knowledge of it.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

This has all the makings of three deleted pages of posts and I am excited about it.

:munch:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:24
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I don't have to question it, I can see that lack of it when it comes to football. The last few posts have confirmed that, see disregard of different ways to run a post.

I can't tell a good pass from a bad pass? That's usually easy. What gets much more complicated is ball placement or... Catch point...! What was originally talked about before you tried to throw up a bunch of starman arguments. If a ball on an out is low, did the receiver run it too deep or did the QB simply throw it low? If you claim to know for certain, you are lying.
I’m going to share with you something mind blowing. I disregard your comments about skinny and shallow posts, because I wasn’t talking about skinny or shallow posts lol. I made a point, that you have already said you agreed with a couple times...then you started talking about routes and other things.

The beat down Yoop gave you earlier has you in total disarray. Look at the last few posts I’ve made, all I’ve said is that one can watch football and tell if the ball was where it should be or not. The commentators do it all the time...and they don’t have a playbook in front of them. You seemed to agree with me, then what..call me ignorant because I didn’t entertain a separate discussion about shallow posts? Haha get some rest man. Come back better tomorrow. Yoop did a number on you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I can't tell a good pass from a bad pass? That's usually easy. What gets much more complicated is ball placement or... Catch point...! What was originally talked about before you tried to throw up a bunch of starman arguments. If a ball on an out is low, did the receiver run it too deep or did the QB simply throw it low? If you claim to know for certain, you are lying.
I’m going to share with you something mind blowing. I disregard your comments about skinny and shallow posts, because I wasn’t talking about skinny or shallow posts lol. I made a point, that you have already said you agreed with a couple times...then you started talking about routes and other things.

The beat down Yoop gave you earlier has you in total disarray. Look at the last few posts I’ve made, all I’ve said is that one can watch football and tell if the ball was where it should be or not. The commentators do it all the time...and they don’t have a playbook in front of them. You seemed to agree with me, then what..call me ignorant because I didn’t entertain a separate discussion about shallow posts? Haha get some rest man. Come back better tomorrow. Yoop did a number on you.
You disregard it because you don't understand football, plain and simple.

That you think my example of different variations on a post doesn't have to do with what you were talking about exemplifies how very ignorant you are when it comes to the pro game. I am sorry that this is the case. If you want to learn, I can point you in the right direction.

Commentators can say whatever they want and it doesn't make them right. Hell you are commenting now and you definitely aren't right. Again, there are some throws that are obviously bad, like a corner of the end zone fade that is too flat, but the vast majority of the time, we as layman can't tell if it was the receiver or the QB. You keep clinging to your ignorance though, I do feel a bit bad for you.
Drj820 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 21:47

You can’t watch film and tell the difference between a smooth crisp efficient route vs a loose rounded off sloppy route? Lol doesn’t require expert eyes.
This was your opening salvo, by the way, before you try to claim self-righteousness.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:42
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

That you think my example of different variations on a post doesn't have to do with what you were talking about exemplifies how very ignorant you are when it comes to the pro game. I am sorry that this is the case. If you want to learn, I can point you in the right direction.

Commentators can say whatever they want and it doesn't make them right. Hell you are commenting now and you definitely aren't right. Again, there are some throws that are obviously bad, like a corner of the end zone fade that is too flat, but the vast majority of the time, we as layman can't tell if it was the receiver or the QB. You keep clinging to your ignorance though, I do feel a bit bad for you.

There just isn’t a need to go into more complexities with the simple point I have successfully made. I know it was successful because you have now repeatedly said you agree with me. You said you can’t tell if a qb throws a good or bad pass on any given play, and I told you that most of the time it’s obvious based on the the defensive coverage. I then listed some common routes and where the ball usually is best to go in these situations. You agreed with me. I then said aikman must not need a playbook either because he often points out when a qb put the ball in the wrong spot.

There just isn’t much more to discuss on the topic. Il grant you that in some situations, one would need to see the playbook to know if a QB threw a good pass...but this is in no way the majority of incompletions. Majority can easily be evaluated from the film whether a bad throw, sloppy route, good coverage, drop etc. It’s not rocket science most of the time. If Yoop hadn’t molly whopped you earlier and left you in complete shambles for the evening, you would see my point is simple...because it’s obvious.

Get some rest man, you could use it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Drj820 wrote:

You can’t watch film and tell the difference between a smooth crisp efficient route vs a loose rounded off sloppy route? Lol doesn’t require expert eyes.
This was your opening salvo, by the way, before you try to claim self-righteousness.
Lol well, it’s a valid question. And I didn’t ask if you can tell if the WR ran the right or wrong route. No, I asked if you can tell the difference between a good and badly run route. Crisp, effencient, vs sloppy. Extra steps etc. Most people’s eyes that watch football know the difference and don’t need a playbook to make a call either way. My question was fair.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 00:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

There just isn’t a need to go into more complexities with the simple point I have successfully made. I know it was successful because you have now repeatedly said you agree with me. You said you can’t tell if a qb throws a good or bad pass on any given play, and I told you that most of the time it’s obvious based on the the defensive coverage. I then listed some common routes and where the ball usually is best to go in these situations. You agreed with me. I then said aikman must not need a playbook either because he often points out when a qb put the ball in the wrong spot.

There just isn’t much more to discuss on the topic. Il grant you that in some situations, one would need to see the playbook to know if a QB threw a good pass...but this is in no way the majority of incompletions. Majority can easily be evaluated from the film whether a bad throw, sloppy route, good coverage, drop etc. It’s not rocket science most of the time. If Yoop hadn’t molly whopped you earlier and left you in complete shambles for the evening, you would see my point is simple...because it’s obvious.

It's sad that now you can't even honestly reiterate what was said. You have to lie about it to try and make your points. What I did say is that there are some plays that are easy to evaluate, most are not. Most we do not know if the receiver ran the route incorrectly or the QB made an inaccurate throw.

That you think the vast majority of routes are easy to evaluate just exemplifies how very very lacking you are in football knowledge. That you can't even recognize that variations of a route depending on alignment and coverage is down right astounding for someone who claims to be so adept at evaluating plays.

Now, this might cook your thin noodle, but often time evaluations from commentators amount to decision making when it comes to the QB. In watching film, often times you can tell to which receiver a pass can be thrown, not always, but often. This may be where you are confused. I know it's tough, but again, if you need help, just ask, I can point you in the right direction.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:04
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

It's sad that now you can't even honestly reiterate what was said. You have to lie about it to try and make your points. What I did say is that there are some plays that are easy to evaluate, most are not. Most we do not know if the receiver ran the route incorrectly or the QB made an inaccurate throw.

That you think the vast majority of routes are easy to evaluate just exemplifies how very very lacking you are in football knowledge. That you can't even recognize that variations of a route depending on alignment and coverage is down right astounding for someone who claims to be so adept at evaluating plays.

Now, this might cook your thin noodle, but often time evaluations from commentators amount to decision making when it comes to the QB. In watching film, often times you can tell to which receiver a pass can be thrown, not always, but often. This may be where you are confused. I know it's tough, but again, if you need help, just ask, I can point you in the right direction.
Yoop needs to be more careful next time. I’ve never seen this level of concussion symptoms just based on a debate that someone lost. I said a million times that defensive alignment and coverage impacts where the ball should be thrown. That’s an obvious thing. You are stating obvious points and pretending they take someone like you to understand lol. Only difference between you and me right now is I can watch a pass and tell if it was quality most of the time. You need a playbook. You literally seem to agree with every other point I have made. You agree with it, then argue a straw man. It’s comedy I do admit. Yoop destroyed you for the evening, please..take rest. Drs orders.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Drj820 wrote:

Lol well, it’s a valid question. And I didn’t ask if you can tell if the WR ran the right or wrong route. No, I asked if you can tell the difference between a good and badly run route. Crisp, effencient, vs sloppy. Extra steps etc. Most people’s eyes that watch football know the difference and don’t need a playbook to make a call either way. My question was fair.
Are you really that obtuse that you don't understand what I am referencing? I hope not.

As for the question, I answered, but you refused to acknowledge the answer. I specifically said the discussion was not about crisp, efficient, vs sloppy. I said it multiple times, but you continued to troll for a reaction. You got it. I tried to inform you the catch point was the debate, and that alignment and coverage played much more into that, but you couldn't handle that level of factual information. It cooked your little noodle.

In reality your question was a troll. I hope you don't believe you are truly that slick, life is going to teach you some hard truths.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:12
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Are you really that obtuse that you don't understand what I am referencing? I hope not.

As for the question, I answered, but you refused to acknowledge the answer. I specifically said the discussion was not about crisp, efficient, vs sloppy. I said it multiple times, but you continued to troll for a reaction. You got it. I tried to inform you the catch point was the debate, and that alignment and coverage played much more into that, but you couldn't handle that level of factual information. It cooked your little noodle.

In reality your question was a troll. I hope you don't believe you are truly that slick, life is going to teach you some hard truths.
If my question was a troll, I did an epic job as you are demonstrating Antonio Brown levels of CTE. However, my points have been simple and obvious, you just continue to want to convince me that I need a playbook to be able to tell if Rodgers threw a good pass or not. I continue to reject that premise. All while thinking of nasty things to say to you as you insult my intellect, but I continue to demonstrate superior levels of self control and let you swim in your own feces without adding any more to the pile.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:04
Drj820 wrote:

Yoop needs to be more careful next time. I’ve never seen this level of concussion symptoms just based on a debate that someone lost. I said a million times that defensive alignment and coverage impacts where the ball should be thrown. That’s an obvious thing. You are stating obvious points and pretending they take someone like you to understand lol. Only difference between you and me right now is I can watch a pass and tell if it was quality most of the time. You need a playbook. You literally seem to agree with every other point I have made. You agree with it, then argue a straw man. It’s comedy I do admit. Yoop destroyed you for the evening, please..take rest. Drs orders.
You claim a lot, but the more you type the more you show how ignorant you are. If you believe that alignment and coverage change a route then you must believe there is no way to know those changes if you are not privy to the playbook. Different playbooks call for different changes just as different QBs do. To claim otherwise is shear bravado and most likely just a troll. Just your response to my example of a post, proves that without a shadow of a doubt. I'm willing to pont you in the right direction if you are willing to learn. There are a ton of great resources out there that would cure your astounding ignorance. FYI, I agree with small parts of what you say, but you apply those broadly, which is just simply wrong. Complexity hurts your mind, so you only want to think in black and white. That something can happen in one instance, but not in others just.is too hard for you to grasp.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 01:12
Drj820 wrote:

If my question was a troll, I did an epic job as you are demonstrating Antonio Brown levels of CTE. However, my points have been simple and obvious, you just continue to want to convince me that I need a playbook to be able to tell if Rodgers threw a good pass or not. I continue to reject that premise. All while thinking of nasty things to say to you as you insult my intellect, but I continue to demonstrate superior levels of self control and let you swim in your own feces without adding any more to the pile.
100%, I am falling for your trolling. Shame on me.

I don't know how to say this so you can understand, but yes. In most cases you need to have the playbook to know if the QB made a poor throw or the receiver ran an incorrect route. You can reject that all you want, but it doesn't make it false. It only demonstrates your lack of understanding for the game.

Are you really claiming to be self-righteous... :rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Training camp forum fights... :rotf:

Meanwhile, I made a Yoop -approved sig:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

23 can call people liars, frauds, know nothings, and no moderation, I say one of his comments is idiotic, which most of his comments are, and I get a warning PM.

fact is no one needs to see a play book, no one needs to know the intricacies of route running, the facts are MVS didn't know that &%$@ either, or he would have arrived at the catch point (wherever the hell that is) and caught the dang ball, that has been the meat of this whole back and forth, and surely not all this complicated crap 23 has brought, this is not his little training seminar, or his 2nd class room, no one learns a thing from a condescending teacher, all your knowledge falls on deaf ears, defensive leverage? is what most of us have attempted in this conversation with you, but as usual you complicate even the simple stuff , if anyone is guilty of changing the course of a conversation it's you with telling people they don't know what they SEE, simply put, receivers that only touch the ball or catch it 50% of the time screwed up on the way to the where it was thrown, true there could have been a errant pass, but not half of em.

your goal as a member here seems to be proving others don't know as much about this game then you, and to call people stupid names for not agreeing with you, you should have been the person moderated two days ago, so your kissing up to them has worked, good for you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 16:35

My summary:

- MVS wasn't a good WR. No one thinks he was. He screwed up a lot of plays. He was held accountable by not extending him.
- AR is great. On a failed play, it's likely someone else screwed up. Sometimes rarely AR screws up all by himself, and pointing that out is not blaming AR for everything. He has been held accountable by giving him record extensions.
- Deep passes are harder to complete than short ones, even if it's AR throwing and regardless of who is catching.
- AR and great WR can complete a higher % of deep passes than AR and a sucky WR.
- You don't need the playbook to see if a receiver runs a bad route (you can see things like late release, getting stuck in press, getting re-routed, rounded routes, etc.)
- However, you would need the playbook to know exact planned catch points on a given play, because, well, they are planned and secret. Catch points depend on advanced things like planned QB progression and time it takes to go from from read to read, depth of QB drop, protection, audibles and route adjustments, decoy routes, picks etc.
- Not all that much in Amari Rodgers news.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 08:59
salmar80 wrote:

My summary:

- MVS wasn't a good WR. No one thinks he was. He screwed up a lot of plays. He was held accountable by not extending him.
- AR is great. On a failed play, it's likely someone else screwed up. Sometimes rarely AR screws up all by himself, and pointing that out is not blaming AR for everything. He has been held accountable by giving him record extensions.
- Deep passes are harder to complete than short ones, even if it's AR throwing and regardless of who is catching.
- AR and great WR can complete a higher % of deep passes than AR and a sucky WR.
- You don't need the playbook to see if a receiver runs a bad route (you can see things like late release, getting stuck in press, getting re-routed, rounded routes, etc.)
- However, you would need the playbook to know exact planned catch points on a given play, because, well, they are planned and secret. Catch points depend on advanced things like planned QB progression and time it takes to go from from read to read, depth of QB drop, protection, audibles and route adjustments, decoy routes, picks etc.
I had suggested you take notes from salmar to learn how to be more clear and concise and communicate as well as he does, but if you just want to copy and paste his work...that works just fine too. Good job.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2022 08:59
salmar80 wrote:

My summary:

common knowledge, we all know this stuff, but what the heck does any of it have to do with catch rate to targeted throws, obviously there are a variety of reasons for why Scantling failed to catch half the passes thrown to him, seriously, who in the heck doesn't know that? all it does is muddy up and complicate this conversation.

again this is you guys attempting to lay some of Scantlings ineptitude on Rodgers, huge fail boys, go drink some coffee. and Sal, quit making your woman cry. :)