Week 1 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm going on the record as I don't know exactly how to feel. But I'm leaning in a certain direction. 65% looks like it might be out of reach, that's a shame. Guess we'll just have to win the Super Bowl now.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Bills' gameplan seems to be "pick on Sauce Gardner" and it's working?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:04
I'm going on the record as I don't know exactly how to feel. But I'm leaning in a certain direction. 65% looks like it might be out of reach, that's a shame. Guess we'll just have to win the Super Bowl now.
I'll go on record that I never wish injury on anyone. I'm disappointed that Rodgers didn't get to play more in NY for a variety of reasons. I am disappointed that our draft compensation is negatively impacted for selfish reasons.

But I also like dark comedy and this is funny--among the funniest possible outcomes to this, honestly. I am not happy that it happened. But it did happen, so we might as well be able to laugh about it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:06
The Bills' gameplan seems to be "pick on Sauce Gardner" and it's working?
He's allowed like 5 catches for 60ish yards and multiple first downs. Usually targeted in the short game.

But Josh Allen's YOLO balls are NOT working.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:09
paco wrote:
I'll go on record that I never wish injury on anyone. I'm disappointed that Rodgers didn't get to play more in NY for a variety of reasons. I am disappointed that our draft compensation is negatively impacted for selfish reasons.

But I also like dark comedy and this is funny--among the funniest possible outcomes to this, honestly. I am not happy that it happened. But it did happen, so we might as well be able to laugh about it.
Not sure I can sum it up any better.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:

The mistake the Jets made was not addressing that OL and now it came back to bite them in the fanny. It was wild how Jets fans were giddy about the notion of AR coming from on high to save the day and take them to the promised land when he failed to do so all these years in GB.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The Jets' D is pretty good.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:

I'm certainly not going to laugh at it. This might be the end of his career. Not a great way to go out. I'm certainly glad we moved on from AR but I was hoping he'd get a chance to go out in some glory in NY.
Last edited by Cdragon on 11 Sep 2023 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Meanwhile heading into the 4th and it's a 7-point game without Rodgers

As Pugger said, the Jets' D is pretty good.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:15
YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:

Feels kind of karmic, which itself is ironic.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

It's no secret I was glad to see Aaron go. And glad to see the new sideshow blow up in New Jersey tonight. The hype was dumb and annoying.

I'd rather focus on the upcoming Falcons game.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Very sorry for Aaron. Looks at least a couple of months.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just to clarify: finding humor in something that has already happened and is beyond your control does not mean you don't have empathy or understand the humanity in it. Humor is just how some people reason with the world.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man, Josh Allen makes his share of “wow” plays but he also makes his share of bonehead plays.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

GARRETT WILSON JUST HAD THE BEST CATCH I'VE SEEN THIS SEASON AT ANY LEVEL

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:40
Yeah, that was something!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:40
Then delay of game on the XP to tie. Re-try still in

Tie game :shock:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

That TD catch by Wilson…wow.

I thought Joe Buck was gonna wet himself. He may have…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:23
paco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:15
YoHoChecko wrote:

Feels kind of karmic, which itself is ironic.
RIP JustJeff