Week 1 Post-Game: Packers 38 Bears 20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
12 Sep 2023 20:10
Been waiting for this…

Best one yet.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Sep 2023 20:09
Guys, the QB School analysis of Justin Fields is AN HOUR LONG

I have watched a lot of JT O'Sullivan breakdowns. Occasionally they go over 30 minutes. The Love Week One tape went a hair under 26 minutes.

He reviews Justin Fields for AN HOUR.

I want to watch but I dunno if I can commit that time.

In his Intro he calls this "The Dumpster Fire Spectacular"
Ok I watched it.

O'Sullivan is NOT a fan of Getsy's scheming--though he goes out of his way to point out positives when he sees them. Also seems like either some route concepts are insanely stupid or some WRs are running the wrong routes. A few examples of two guys right next to each other running the same routes to the same areas of the field.

He HATES Claypool and Kmet to a hilarious degree.

Fields he thinks is slow and lacks urgency in all of his drops and movements in the throwing process; he seems to take his eyes off the field when pressured and miss tons of open reads once knocked off platform and isn't decisive enough to rip the reads even when it's on time--or isn't seeing them.

And it seems like the protection schemes are inherently broken and/or people are running them wrong.

Overall not my favorite video. He's sop frustrated by the many, many errors and inexplicable play designs that he plays offensive coordinator as much as he does QB evaluator. But still an interesting enough watch

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I have watched several short clips of his Fields film breakdown on X. His major complaints seem to be, as you say, poor route/scheme development and WTF moments of players just running around.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
Been waiting for this…

They weren't very good in 2022.

But this one was absolutely hilarious.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

salmar80 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 04:28
:lol:

When they drafted him a couple years ago, I was pretty happy because I knew that's 3-4 more wasted years.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
12 Sep 2023 21:34
I have watched several short clips of his Fields film breakdown on X. His major complaints seem to be, as you say, poor route/scheme development and WTF moments of players just running around.
Yeah.

It was interesting and seems like if you've watched previous Bears JT videos it might be a trend, how he talked about Kmet, though. Referred to him, sarcastically, as "my guy." Said he's "too slow" for certain route concepts; that he has "no separation ability" when discussing a throw to him in the end zone; and trashed his effort on the pick-6.

Then of course the most viral clip of the LVN sack where Kmet appears to be maybe looking around for someone to run block in the end zone? But no one ran a route on that. My actual interpretation is that it was a 1-read play in which Kmet was supposed to sort of rub/be in the way of the LB or S trying to follow the RB who ran along the back of the end zone after going through the line. I think they thought they could spring him and the backup pan was Fields runs it. But unblocked LVN didn't allow it.

He also, of course, made several digs at Claypool.

On the OL it was hard to tell if it was scheme or players just totally whiffing on their assignments, but showed multiple examples of guys literally just running into their own player instead of blocking a Packer; seemed more like it was the players poorly interpreting their assignments than the assignments being poorly-designed, aside from one blocking scheme that asked the LT to pull from right to left to pick up the edge rusher on a rollout to the right.

And finally, he just pointed out that the details and finer points of the game were almost entirely absent for the whole team. Just a crushing indictment of a coaching staff to make that critique.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bahahaha

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Nevermind the text of this particular tweet--but it shows a couple angles of the Jones TD catch and man, I have a thought

MUSGRAVE

It occurred to me after watching JT O'Sullivan point out how Kmet was too slow to create the right spacing on a play or two Chicago ran, but I hadn't before noticed how big of an impact Musgrave's speed is on this TD. If he were slower crossing the field, the DB tracking him (Brisker) wouldn't have been in full sprint past the spot where Jones caught the pass. Jones was going to convert the 1st down regardless, but it was Musgrave's speed that left such a huge vacancy behind the play to get the YAC all the way to the end zone.

What an immediate impact he has on the way defenses can play us. It's so noticeable.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Sep 2023 21:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Sep 2023 20:09
Guys, the QB School analysis of Justin Fields is AN HOUR LONG

I have watched a lot of JT O'Sullivan breakdowns. Occasionally they go over 30 minutes. The Love Week One tape went a hair under 26 minutes.

He reviews Justin Fields for AN HOUR.

I want to watch but I dunno if I can commit that time.

In his Intro he calls this "The Dumpster Fire Spectacular"
Ok I watched it.

O'Sullivan is NOT a fan of Getsy's scheming--though he goes out of his way to point out positives when he sees them. Also seems like either some route concepts are insanely stupid or some WRs are running the wrong routes. A few examples of two guys right next to each other running the same routes to the same areas of the field.

He HATES Claypool and Kmet to a hilarious degree.

Fields he thinks is slow and lacks urgency in all of his drops and movements in the throwing process; he seems to take his eyes off the field when pressured and miss tons of open reads once knocked off platform and isn't decisive enough to rip the reads even when it's on time--or isn't seeing them.

And it seems like the protection schemes are inherently broken and/or people are running them wrong.

Overall not my favorite video. He's sop frustrated by the many, many errors and inexplicable play designs that he plays offensive coordinator as much as he does QB evaluator. But still an interesting enough watch
I have never seen JT so angry at film. :rotf: JT totally panned Fields, the scheme, the effort and just general mistakes. He's usually PG, but before end of 1st Q, he gave up on that and by the end was swearing like a pirate. It was a thorough and enjoyable bear-spanking, worth a watch even at that length.

And I get the anger: There were several plays on which teammates coulda gotten hurt due to the poor effort. That's gonna poison the locker room.

Bad news is the Packers will likely face an O this disjointed and inept only once more this season: When da Bears come to Lambeau Field to suck.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-s ... 0-2023-707

Take a look at the snap counts for OLB. LVN and Preston both had 35, tied for second place. Looks like LVN is going to be a big part of the D sooner than many expected. And he outperformed Preston.

Looks to me like the Packers have 4 quality starters at OLB
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 13 Sep 2023 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
Been waiting for this…

If your vision is like mine (isn't what it used to be) and you can't read the tweets in the opening portion of the video, I encourage you to pause it and soak in each and every one of those twitter posts. They're delicious...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

In the end the Monsters from the Midway went home all bloody, the boys from the North country thrashed them again :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Sep 2023 05:46
https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-s ... 0-2023-707

Take a look at the snap counts for OLB. LVN and Preston both had 355, tied for second place. Looks like LVN is going to be a big part of the D sooner than many expected. And he outperformed Preston.

Looks to me like the Packers have 4 quality starters at OLB
Also, Rasul played every single defensive snap (74), the only player to do so, along with 10 ST snaps and did it all very well. That dude is balling in a major way.

Our new punter averaged just under 50 yds/punt. A couple went for touchbacks but both landed within the field of play and bounced into the endzone. That contributed to just under 39 yd/punt net average. Get a couple good bounces and/or better gunner play and Whelan becomes a real weapon.

Side note: great info, [mention]TheSkeptic[/mention]. Thanks for linking it!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
13 Sep 2023 06:46
APB wrote:
Been waiting for this…

If your vision is like mine (isn't what it used to be) and you can't read the tweets in the opening portion of the video, I encourage you to pause it and soak in each and every one of those twitter posts. They're delicious...
Richard Sherman is a certified idiot.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
Been waiting for this…

Straight into my veins.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Lucas Patrick is a goober. He joined CHI and was like "hyuck, Chicago is, like, even more historic than Green Bay!!" At least the others who joined them from our team are rational enough to keep quiet about it than draw attention to being part of that embarrassment of a franchise.

It is not surprising that he joins in on the rest of his dumbass team "standing up" for their QB after legal(!) hits.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Did Tonyan not even play? I didn’t recall hearing his name a single time.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Sep 2023 11:21
Did Tonyan not even play? I didn’t recall hearing his name a single time.
Yeah on special teams. He made at least one tackle, lol.