Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2024 09:51
go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2024 09:33
Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2024 08:57

Probably strange boomer stuff like not having Holmgren's authoritative walk or something. 'Shoulda hired Marty Mornhinweg's third cousin's accountant's secretary's stepson... where's that Packer LINEAGE with LaCoach?? :idn: GO PACK GO!
Oh he's explained it.

MFL took a whole EIGHT weeks to get Love to MVP level. EIGHT WEEKS!!

It should have been THREE WEEKS TOPS!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nah I feel like it's a more deep-seated/visceral dislike, not rooted in anything objective, and complaints like that are just after-the-fact justifications for it.

I honestly get the sense he just doesn't like that Matt is a pretty boy, or his general mannerisms. He's just... not what a Packers coach "looks like," in stark contrast to his predecessor, who looked more like a Packers coach than anyone who has ever walked the earth.
The biggest prerequisite of being a Packer coach in my lifetime as a Packers fan is your first name needs to be Mike.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Boy, some of you can really jump on someone who states an opinion you don't share. :hide: Actually, I was beginning to feel some disdain (not hate) earlier this season for MLF. This was due to his allowing the defense to continue being a joke. I think he has done a very good job with the offense and keeping the team together through it all. This season has now helped increase my respect for him as a head coach.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

williewasgreat wrote:
12 Jan 2024 04:24
Boy, some of you can really jump on someone who states an opinion you don't share. :hide:
Boy, some of you can be really whiny when pressed on your takes.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wahhhhhhh ha, well this sure had a short shelf life, money talks, the powers that be realized they still had to pay the man :rotf:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodg ... 57406.html

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

williewasgreat wrote:
Boy, some of you can really jump on someone who states an opinion you don't share. :hide: Actually, I was beginning to feel some disdain (not hate) earlier this season for MLF. This was due to his allowing the defense to continue being a joke. I think he has done a very good job with the offense and keeping the team together through it all. This season has now helped increase my respect for him as a head coach.
I think we are/were disappointed in LaFleur for his Barry support. Ringo's disdain is just weirdly constant for a few years now.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

MFL does a lot of things right. He just needs a boss to tell him to fire Barry. Whether that is Gute or Murphy, someone needs to tell him in no uncertain terms. Him or you both, no other alternatives.

I suppose that MLF thought it would not matter because Love and the O could not carry the Packers to the playoffs anyway. So he postponed the decision last spring. Turns out that Love and the kids not only could, they did.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'm not even like some huge MLF fan. I mean I like him, am very happy with the job he has done lately (minus his handling of D-Coord, but he's even managed to take some of that criticism away from me, of late), and am excited about his continued growth as a coach. Yet I also have some reservations with him.

I like him, don't love him, don't find it offensive when people criticize him, and I can even kinda "get" a lot of the criticisms because I have a few of my own. That said, some people's shots at him are just silly (namely of him crying) or plain weird/eyebrow-raising.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
rightful apprehension to say the least, course the forum posse will attack :rotf: there like our grandchildren :rotf: :rotf: got a quick witted retort for everything :rotf: :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2024 08:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2024 07:28

Why the constant disdain, even now?
Probably strange boomer stuff like not having Holmgren's authoritative walk or something. 'Shoulda hired Marty Mornhinweg's third cousin's accountant's secretary's stepson... where's that Packer LINEAGE with LaCoach?? :idn: GO PACK GO!
The way you win in the NFL is with tough hard-nosed running backs who impose their will on the other team, 3 yards at a time. And what's up with all these new sissy QBs too afraid to take a minor donk to the head? Just give them the smelling salts and get back in there! I'd take the players of Lambeau's day every day over the little babies of today's NFL. You know why? Because they were MEN and they STOOD FOR SOMETHING.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Jan 2024 20:55
This is the small town &%$@ I love!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
12 Jan 2024 17:20
We would’ve all pissed ourselves had he cut a finger on his throwing hand while pushing her out of the ditch.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Jan 2024 20:55
Only in GB. :heart:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Should I ever happen to notice Love driving behind me this winter, I’m tanking it into the ditch.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Labrev wrote:
12 Jan 2024 09:53
I'm not even like some huge MLF fan. I mean I like him, am very happy with the job he has done lately (minus his handling of D-Coord, but he's even managed to take some of that criticism away from me, of late), and am excited about his continued growth as a coach. Yet I also have some reservations with him.

I like him, don't love him, don't find it offensive when people criticize him, and I can even kinda "get" a lot of the criticisms because I have a few of my own. That said, some people's shots at him are just silly (namely of him crying) or plain weird/eyebrow-raising.
As a fan, I was soo annoyed with him, Jordan Love and the receivers early in the year. They looked like the keystone cops. I don't think anyone forgot getting 1 or 2 first downs in an entire half, or receivers clearly not knowing WTF they were doing or where they were suppose to go. It was so bad, I never knew who's fault it was, just that it was bad.

Now, offensively this a completely different team execution wise and so much credit has to go to Lafluer and the coaching staff and the players growth. Just like fault goes to Barry when the defense is a sieve.

I have very positive feelings toward MLF as a coach right now. Success makes this happen. No matter what anyone thinks of Barry, if the Packers go on to win the super bowl and hold all their opponents under 17 points, it would look fairly stupid to fire him then. All would be forgiven, and we would say he has turned the corner as a defensive coordinator. The league is still, what have you done for me lately most of the time.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

MY_TAKE wrote:
13 Jan 2024 14:47
Labrev wrote:
12 Jan 2024 09:53

As a fan, I was soo annoyed with him, Jordan Love and the receivers early in the year. They looked like the keystone cops. I don't think anyone forgot getting 1 or 2 first downs in an entire half, or receivers clearly not knowing WTF they were doing or where they were suppose to go. It was so bad, I never knew who's fault it was, just that it was bad.

Now, offensively this a completely different team execution wise and so much credit has to go to Lafluer and the coaching staff and the players growth. Just like fault goes to Barry when the defense is a sieve.

I have very positive feelings toward MLF as a coach right now. Success makes this happen. No matter what anyone thinks of Barry, if the Packers go on to win the super bowl and hold all their opponents under 17 points, it would look fairly stupid to fire him then. All would be forgiven, and we would say he has turned the corner as a defensive coordinator. The league is still, what have you done for me lately most of the time.
Agreed.

A little more perspective, FWIW.

The Titans had a good HC this year. By so many accounts Vrable handled his job well in many ways. He has had the Titans to nearly the top of the AFC. But this was not a kind year for the Titans on the injury front. Maybe the worst a team, including the Packers this year, has been hit by significant injuries depleting the depth of the roster. And he gets fired.

MLF, by all accounts, had more than a handful of problems with this team this year. Transition. Unproven depth. Youth. A new starting QB. An unproved defense. Injuries to key players seemingly all over the roster. All of that combined to make this inexperienced roster look just bad in September and October (and parts of November). But right now, they are as good as almost any team out there.

Aaron Jones talked about how MLF coached them through all of the bad days and pointed them to each other and to the system they are teaching.

When it seemed that they had more issues than they could overcome, they had each other and they believed their system would work. They knew it wouldnt' happen overnight.

This 2023 Packer squad is living proof that you should NEVER, EVER tank a season. Never! You keep working the system. You keep showing your coaches and players how they are all interconnected and need each other. That is what MLF has done.

I don't agree with some stuff that MLF has done. But I can say that this team has surpassed my expectations, even while it was painful along the way. I think he should be given serious consideration for Coach of the Year.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Broad brush, hasn't the majority of the dislike of MLF been how he assembled and maintained his staff? I think most of us expected growing pains on the O side.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Half Empty wrote:
13 Jan 2024 15:20
Broad brush, hasn't the majority of the dislike of MLF been how he assembled and maintained his staff? I think most of us expected growing pains on the O side.
Kicking the field goal against TB gunna last me forever.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »