POST GAME: WildCard at Dallas WIN

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:50
I'm going to say this first. Love looked really good in the Cowboys game.

Now for some cold water on your "hot" QB. While Love looked really good the last half of the season, the Packers have a problem. On offense, they only scored an average of 21.7 ppg. That is just below the league average of 21.8 ppg for 2023. No team can continue to win in the league with that kind of offensive production unless they have one hell of a defense. Let me give you some perspective. The Bills defense has averaged 18.6 ppg during Allen's tenure. Allen has averaged 25.9 ppg on offense in games he has played. And they have managed to do what? Win some playoff games.

Now, I'm not saying Love isn't any good. But I'm just telling you to be careful of your love for Love at this point. If that offensive production does not pick up, Love is not going to do it for you. Because I don't see the Packer's defense holding the other team to under 15 ppg in the future. And in order to really win on a regular basis, you need a good 6 to 7-point difference between offense and defense.
More non-sensical silliness from you. Why even use any stats from the first half of the season to make an average? Could care less about what we looked like then. I want to know what we are as a team now. My eye test tells me that the Packers haven't just won the last few games. They have dominated. Thats all I need to know. One could make talk about some similarities to Now and 2010 honestly. The Packers were not very good most of the year but, got hot in the playoffs as the final seed. At some point your stats offer a complete false story. Look at the final game stats yesterday and tell me I am not right. The Packers are just flat out much better right now than most teams. Use some stats to manipulate that point. I am sure if you gave it an honest try you could.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:35
Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:55
Raptorman wrote:

Now for some cold water on your "hot" QB. While Love looked really good the last half of the season, the Packers have a problem. On offense, they only scored an average of 21.7 ppg. That is just below the league average of 21.8 ppg for 2023. No team can continue to win in the league with that kind of offensive production unless they have one hell of a defense. Let me give you some perspective. The Bills defense has averaged 18.6 ppg during Allen's tenure. Allen has averaged 25.9 ppg on offense in games he has played. And they have managed to do what? Win some playoff games.

Now, I'm not saying Love isn't any good. But I'm just telling you to be careful of your love for Love at this point. If that offensive production does not pick up, Love is not going to do it for you. Because I don't see the Packer's defense holding the other team to under 15 ppg in the future. And in order to really win on a regular basis, you need a good 6 to 7-point difference between offense and defense.
compared to Cousins Love is a freaking GOD, nice try :rotf:
Cousins has an average of 25.2 ppg in MN. And this isn't about Cousins, although I knew you all would make it about it. Because you have to. You can't look at the reality of the situation. I did notice not one of you said crap about Allen having 25+ ppg. You attacked the Vikings and Cousins and their QBS. And my point stands. If the offensive production is not better, you can' compare him to Viking QBs all you want. They won't be winning unless that average goes up to around 25 ppg. And he looked good. And has looked good.

They can put up 30 points on anyone. Okay, How come they didn't put up 30 on the Giants? The Bears? Tampa?

I didn't say he wasn't good. I said temper your expectations. One playoff win does not make a career. Everyone thought Case Keenum was a QB god after 2017. Who is he starting for? FWIW, Keenum averaged 24 ppg that year.

But yeah, go ahead, give him a $130 million 5-year contract with half guaranteed. After all, he's it. He has the "it" factor. Keenum got a 3-year deal in Denver, how did that work out?
one day after the biggest win of our season and you arrive to do what? discount the performance of our QB when the whole damn team stunk, Love has been on a roll for 5 games and you want to prepare us for the chance that the team or he will lose.

we just rather here you say great game Packer fans :idn:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:

If you're going to talk about the "hot" QB at least talk about the games he has been 'hot." 26.5 PPG, the last 11 games. 28 PPG in the last 9 games. 32.75 over the last 4 games. You can take your cold water and use it as an enema! To me that indicates scoring is picking up!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 15 Jan 2024 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Could this be accurate...?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

LombardiTime wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:02
go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:53
Raptorman wrote:

A. You will very likely get to say you're right because more than likely we will likely lose - it's just math.

B. Our offensive production is insane. Points don't tell our story at all. The Packers are so young and as a result leave a TON of points on the field. The primary thing GB needs to do is realize their potential. They can put up 30+ on anyone. They have absolutely dominated 3 weeks in a row vs very, very good defenses.

But yes. More than likely they will hit a slump and you will get to say you were right.
Um, what are the POINTS PER GAME since Aaron Jones returned to the lineup and gave the Pack a legitimate threat in the running game?

Pretty, pretty good.

if Gute can get us a Musgrave, Kraft, Wicks, Reed, Doubs, Watson level RB in the upcoming draft to pair with Aaron Jones I not only am not worried about the scoring going forward, I see no reason to believe it will not increase markedly. :banana:
Yes, as wonderful as our passing game is this offense goes to another level with Jones. And yes, RBs don't get paid but IMO Jones isn't an ordinary RB. He is worth every penny. He makes tacklers miss getting yards out of thin air, he can catch out of the backfield and pick up blitzers with the best of them. :heart:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think Love is going to become the highest paid player in league history at this point. No way in hell he isn’t top 3.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:35
Raptorman wrote:
If that offensive production does not pick up, Love is not going to do it for you.

Have you watched a Packer game the past 10 weeks? Or looked at a box score or a schedule??

Packers scoring would be best modeled by an exponential function this year.

Now not to say we are gunna go beat SF with our young team and if only score 13 and we lose, still wouldn’t even come close to validating what you just said.
I'd rather be in OUR position QB wise than MN. It must drive the other teams in our division that we found yet another QB this good. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:45
I think Love is going to become the highest paid player in league history at this point. No way in hell he isn’t top 3.
He will if he wants it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:21

Rasheed played fantastic after his first "hit Aaron Jones" on the first drive. He has quite quietly elevated his game to top 10 level LT play.

He has been incredible.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:45
We do got Love pretty cheap next year , ~12 million I think. And got 2 franchise years of control. Should be close to like 80 million I believe over two years. So that’s the starting point. 3 years -90 million

Even if we add $60m per after that for 3 more years, that’s still only $45m a year over the 6 years.

6 years, $270 million (~45m per). Or a 5 year 260 (~52 per) extention. Same total numbers, be my guess.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

https://www.packers.com/news/game-notes ... rs-defense
On Sunday, Alexander stepped up in a big way for a Green Bay defense that has played some of its best football during the final stretch of the season. While the win came first, Alexander acknowledged the INT was personally gratifying after a season filled with adversity.

"It was lit, honestly. There was no better feeling," Alexander said. "There's a few quarterbacks who've thrown me multiple picks in my career and Dak is now one of them. So he's among my top QBs."
:rotf:
With Musgrave's and Wicks' touchdowns, the Packers became only the second team since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger to have two or more rookies catch a TD pass in their debut, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The first? Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers in the Packers' win over Dallas in the NFC Divisional playoffs on Jan. 11, 2015, at Lambeau Field.
:shock:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:25
I’d lick some Gutenbumst balls for a SB.
Breaking News:

Lupe admits Gutey has some balls

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 13:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
Breaking News:

image.png
image.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 491 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Breaking News:

I’ve always said he’s big balls for making the Love pick and if it didn’t work out he had to go. Turns out Gutenbumst made a fantastic pick. I’ve also been very fair grading him. He’s strung together two incredible drafts. Before that he was bad and deserved to be criticized accordingly.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:49
APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:21

Rasheed played fantastic after his first "hit Aaron Jones" on the first drive. He has quite quietly elevated his game to top 10 level LT play.

He has been incredible.
I honestly thought when Bak was lost for the year, that it would have ruined Love's year. Walker and Nijman? A rotation of them?? :|

But Walker and the entire Oline has grown immensely during the season, and for weeks I've been like "wait, Walker hasn't been beat for a LONG time now, he's not even getting help!", and also "look at dem holes for RBs!".

Walker might be the best value for investment on the roster, and with THIS team and it's cheap-ass offense, that's saying something.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:38
LombardiTime wrote:
Um, what are the POINTS PER GAME since Aaron Jones returned to the lineup and gave the Pack a legitimate threat in the running game?
23 ppg with Jones. Still under the 25 ppg average of top QB's. FWIW, Mahomes is average 29 ppg.
Of course this young team needs plenty of improvement across the board. Trending up even with injuries, though is a great sign, Not a guarantee. It was a helluva game in Dallas! Irregardless of what happens on SF

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 13:29
salmar80 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Breaking News:

I’ve always said he’s big balls for making the Love pick and if it didn’t work out he had to go. Turns out Gutenbumst made a fantastic pick. I’ve also been very fair grading him. He’s strung together two incredible drafts. Before that he was bad and deserved to be criticized accordingly.
I knows.

It IS ironic that from the "bad drafts", wasted pick Love played OK I guess, Jaire and Savage had picks in the game, and Myers, Elg and Runyan were 3/5 of a superb Oline...

But yeah, especially the 2022 and 2023 drafts have the potential to propel this team to amazing heights.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:19
If you're going to talk about the "hot" QB at least talk about the games he has been 'hot." 26.5 PPG, the last 11 games. 28 PPG in the last 9 games. 32.75 over the last 4 games. You can take your cold water and use it as an enema! To me that indicates scoring is picking up!
this is your best post of the year, [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]

Also, [mention]Raptorman[/mention]... what are you thinking with a "cold water" post in your rival's postgame forum for a BLOWOUT win of the conference 2-seed? Just, like.... take a week off or something. Dumb play. McCarthy coaching your late-game posting.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:43
LombardiTime wrote:
go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:53

A. You will very likely get to say you're right because more than likely we will likely lose - it's just math.

B. Our offensive production is insane. Points don't tell our story at all. The Packers are so young and as a result leave a TON of points on the field. The primary thing GB needs to do is realize their potential. They can put up 30+ on anyone. They have absolutely dominated 3 weeks in a row vs very, very good defenses.

But yes. More than likely they will hit a slump and you will get to say you were right.

Pretty, pretty good.

if Gute can get us a Musgrave, Kraft, Wicks, Reed, Doubs, Watson level RB in the upcoming draft to pair with Aaron Jones I not only am not worried about the scoring going forward, I see no reason to believe it will not increase markedly. :banana:
Yes, as wonderful as our passing game is this offense goes to another level with Jones. And yes, RBs don't get paid but IMO Jones isn't an ordinary RB. He is worth every penny. He makes tacklers miss getting yards out of thin air, he can catch out of the backfield and pick up blitzers with the best of them. :heart:
Jones is a classic case for drafting a replacement a year before the other guy is worn out, I remember when many here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, but at that point (even now) Jones was/is a low mileage RB, true he was dinged up this season and for that reason I think we should draft the best RB we possibly can, let Dillon go and let the drafty and Jones split snaps, this offense relies so much on PA and ya gotta have RB success for that to work as well as it does when Jones is at 100% :mrgreen: