Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Savage I was back and forth on. Played better early, but not so much later. Physically he has everything I want to see, but it doesn't always translate. Some big plays but too few and far between and a lot of "almost" plays, but that ratio hasn't changed much from early on till now. So, does he ever get it? for the right price I was willing to see if a new DC could get more out of him because physically he "should be" able to do it all.

I wouldn't fret keeping or letting go either way this year. IMO we need to upgrade safety positions anyway, at least one appreciably so. I wouldn't want Savage to be "the guy" anyway.

Njiman was a nice fill in, a decent guy to have on the roster, but you should be rotating thru guys like that to find better all the time IMO. Nice story, played tough, but again not a guy i'm pledging big dollars to when he's of a caliber i'm trying to improve upon anyway. To me, he's a serve in a pinch player and you don't extend those guys, they get minimum contracts so when you find better you can cut and replace.

Nixon, I already put my thoughts on him. In a nutshell KR's are being relegated to history in this league and he's average at best at DB. Definitely someone i'm trying to upgrade from a defensive stand point and with decreasing importance on KR, not an area i'm spending extra money. Put a back up RB back there and let them down it, our average starting field position likely doesn't change much. Might even improve.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Be interesting to see what Caleb Jones can do so Nijman can walk.

Lot of returns but nothing big.

Would have liked Savage on the cheap. At least until we find something else.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

TheSkeptic wrote:
18 Feb 2024 13:20
Bas has a good video about this on YouTube.

Basically, the Packers cannot afford to play Bakh 40 million dollars for 1 season. Structuring some of that money into next season just kicks the can down the road.

So that leaves either a trade or to be cut soon. A trade means that Bakh must pass the receiving team's physical. If he can't, the trade is cancelled and Bakh gets the full 40 million dollars without playing a snap for anyone.

He will get cut and the Packers will just have to eat the 20 mil dead cap. However that puts the Packers about 18 mil under the cap and 18 mil is more than enough for a top FA at Safety or ILB or slot CB. Then cut Campbell and have even more cap.

Walker is only going to get better. He may never be as dominant as Bakh was but he is already an average or near average LT. I am sorry if this irritates some of us, but the fact is that the odds favor Walker over Bakh for this season.

Bakh needs to take off the football weight, get down to about 230 pounds and get on with his life. Go play golf and enjoy the money he earned.
Is there any issue with cutting him as injured? I thought I had read a take that if they cut him injured, they'd have to go down the injury settlement route, but maybe that doesn't apply in the offseason?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Cdragon wrote:
19 Feb 2024 10:21
Be interesting to see what Caleb Jones can do so Nijman can walk.
I think Tenuta is the new bench darling. He seems to have surpassed Jones.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tenuta looks like an RTO to me. I don't think he has taken any snaps at LT, practice or game. Jones has lined up at both T spots.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love the long game developmental game with athletic or unique tackle prospects, but I'm pretty adamant that Tenuta and Jones shouldn't be our top two OT backups, so I'm still rooting for a draft pick at some point in the top 4 rounds.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Feb 2024 15:17
I love the long game developmental game with athletic or unique tackle prospects, but I'm pretty adamant that Tenuta and Jones shouldn't be our top two OT backups, so I'm still rooting for a draft pick at some point in the top 4 rounds.
I agree, though we have not seen much of Tenuta to be sure. But I suspect both of these guys are too slow and clumsy. Draft a real swing tackle who will compete in 2025 for RT and move Tom inside if the new guy wins.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Feb 2024 16:46
Draft a real swing tackle who will compete in 2025 for RT and move Tom inside if the new guy wins.
WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE WANT TO MOVE AN ELITE OFFENSIVE TACKLE INSIDE

IT'S THE DUMBEST POSITIONAL VALUE DETERMINATION I'VE EVER SEEN AND I SEE IT EVERYWHERE

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Feb 2024 16:53
TheSkeptic wrote:
Draft a real swing tackle who will compete in 2025 for RT and move Tom inside if the new guy wins.

IT'S THE DUMBEST POSITIONAL VALUE DETERMINATION I'VE EVER SEEN AND I SEE IT EVERYWHERE
But how do you really feel about it?

;-)

It's one thing if your interior OLinemen are out. But as a norm, you are totally right. 100%
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

In nicer words, I don’t think we should move Tom. He is really really good at a premium position.

Don’t think his agent would take well to us moving him inside either in a contract year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

I just don't think some people understand this stuff, tackles are harder to find then guards, most college tackles become nfl guards, tackle is the more elite position, they usually make more money, tackles are perimeter players, there like boundary CB's compared to slot CB's or safety's, or like ILB's to OLB's, perimeter players, space players, always make more money, no way Toms will move to guard, Toms could take Walkers job at LT, in fact I would not be at all surprised if that happened, jmo

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2024 19:00
In nicer words, I don’t think we should move Tom. He is really really good at a premium position.

Don’t think his agent would take well to us moving him inside either in a contract year.
what if his agent thinks like some of us, which is that Tom would be a excellent LT, and will be in demand from other teams to go for LT money?

watching both play I think Toms is the more athletic, and Walker more of the mauler type to anchor the strong side, I guess what I'am saying is that Toms is the better tackle which ever side he plays, so why pay him LT money (which I expect he'll want, or something close) to play at RT, I think if Walker can flop to the right it makes sense to do so now while there still young.

just spiffing, blind side security sure would help Love, and we had to help Walker provide it last season plenty, I know he graded out well towards the end of the season, how much was benefited with chips, plus I've seen him beat with inside counters and if not for Jones Love would have been creamed, I guess I'am being skeptical of the grade some here, whatever, I see a LT watching Toms, quicker feet, better anchor, better lateral movement, very rare to see Toms lose the leverage war, very impressive, one of Gutes draft steals imo.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I was for moving Tom to Center about midway through the season but it’s no longer possible. He’s too good. You’d have to pay hit OT money at C to keep him. At that point just keep him at OT.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Because you want your best 5 on the field. Hypothetically (if unlikely) Bakh is back healthy and he starts at LT. What do you do with Walker, let him sit on the bench??? He is better than the RG or the center and maybe post-ACL Jenkins too.

I seriously doubt Walker can play guard or center well so who else are you going to move inside? And if not Bakh, then perhaps the Packers strike gold with a swing tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round.

So what would you do if the 3 best Olinemen are OT's?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bakh is so gone. Stop dreaming.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Feb 2024 10:49
YoHoChecko wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Because you want your best 5 on the field. Hypothetically (if unlikely) Bakh is back healthy and he starts at LT. What do you do with Walker, let him sit on the bench??? He is better than the RG or the center and maybe post-ACL Jenkins too.

I seriously doubt Walker can play guard or center well so who else are you going to move inside? And if not Bakh, then perhaps the Packers strike gold with a swing tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Not move your best Olinemen from the position he dominated.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Feb 2024 12:25
TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Feb 2024 10:49
YoHoChecko wrote:

Not move your best Olinemen from the position he dominated.
Legitimate question. What would you do?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I would say you leave Walker, Jenkins, and Tom where they are, so that settles both T spots and LG. Myers at C by default, because the only guy on the team that was any real threat to him is Tom, and we are not moving Tom from RT.

I am okayyy with Myers but not fully sold on him. Guys like JPJ and Zach Frazier are very much on the table for me.

That just leaves RG. I would say just have an open competition there. Rhyan was a mixed bag. I am in favor of him competing for the spot, not moving forward with the assumption that he is our 2024 starter. We definitely need to add legitimate competition here.

So that gets us..... Walker--Jenkins--Myers(?)--[open]--Tom
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto