Super Bowl LVIII

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who

Chiefs
35%
49ers
6%
Packers could beat both
29%
Fire LaCoach
6%
We got this next year
24%

Total votes: 17

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lol

If we couldn’t kill the niners when we had a chance, no way we keep the chiefs down for 4 quarters. Chiefs defense is almost historic and niners d played great for 3 quarters.

Not even a guarantee we beat the hot for a half lions.

The team that knows how to win rings won a ring
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2024 08:44
Lol

If we couldn’t kill the niners when we had a chance, no way we keep the chiefs down for 4 quarters. Chiefs defense is almost historic and niners d played great for 3 quarters.

Who wants to tell him? :rotf:

But in all seriousness, well like duh not a guarantee we would beat the Lions or the Chiefs. That is why people said 'I think' and 'I believe', and not it was guaranteed.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:50
go pak go wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:45
Yeah the whole "if only the defense did for Rodgers what they did for Mahommes in 2022 and 2023" and completely overlooking 2013, 2014 and 2021 is ridiculous.

Like those were those years. Those were the years that Brady and Mahommes win it and everyone is like "it was their defense!" and when Rodgers got his shot...he lost.

Obviously multiple reasons beyond QB why he lost but he lost nonetheless when the other two found a way to do just enough.
never hear anyone with a informed opinion say that, never heard me say it, even though we didn't have great defense and certainly not ST's, our offense lacked firepower, or our coach didn't use the players right, Rodger s always did enough to win those games
ST did suck back then

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2024 09:14
Drj820 wrote:
Lol

But in all seriousness, well like duh not a guarantee we would beat the Lions or the Chiefs. That is why people said 'I think' and 'I believe', and not it was guaranteed.
ehhhh, we all do this same stuff, this team, that team, could never beat this or that team, it's like a plague of uncertainty, in reality we see upsets every week during the season and the PO's, so it's normal for us to guess about the unknown, where all allergic it seems to do so. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2024 09:36
my friend told me CBS is fake news, so this can't be right, it just can't :rotf:

the NFL is very superstitious, It's no wonder Kaepernick was never offered another NFL gig, he lost a SB for goodness sakes :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 10:19
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Lol

ehhhh, we all do this same stuff, this team, that team, could never beat this or that team, it's like a plague of uncertainty, in reality we see upsets every week during the season and the PO's, so it's normal for us to guess about the unknown, where all allergic it seems to do so. :lol:
I know the packers beat the chiefs in the regular season.

To those that are not aware, playoffs are a totally different game than the regular season, and its a whole other level of different when it is the super bowl. The shoulda woulda couldas are pathetic.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2024 09:36
Burrow and probably Goff will make it back. Will they win? Who knows.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2024 11:17
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

To those that are not aware, playoffs are a totally different game than the regular season, and its a whole other level of different when it is the super bowl. The shoulda woulda couldas are pathetic.
believe me, we are all aware that on any given day the worst team in the league can some how, some way, beat the best team, and that even on the big stage under dogs beat up on the big dogs, what I find pathetic actually is for someone to think that doesn't happen :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 12:04
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

believe me, we are all aware that on any given day the worst team in the league can some how, some way, beat the best team, and that even on the big stage under dogs beat up on the big dogs, what I find pathetic actually is for someone to think that doesn't happen :rotf:
My suggestion to Packer Fans who want to comfort themselves by believing they actually should have won the Super Bowl: Dont choke the game away in the 4th quarter and actually win the Super Bowl.

Winning the Super Bowl implies you are good enough to win super bowl.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2024 12:09
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

My suggestion to Packer Fans who want to comfort themselves by believing they actually should have won the Super Bowl: Dont choke the game away in the 4th quarter and actually win the Super Bowl.

no, winning the SB in this era means you probably had the ball last, :idn: and who are these Packer fans that have said we should have won it? cause I sure don't hear much of that.

What is obvious is this, when this offense gets a lead, the defense has given it back, what you saw from Love to end the Niners game was tension, brought about because this defense dwindled away a 2score lead, that is a tough situation for any QB, and most fail, specially a puppy like Love.

anyone upset with How Love and this offense did against the Niners is just looking for something to complain about. as usual Barry's defense lost another game the offense had already won

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 12:45
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

no, winning the SB in this era means you probably had the ball last, :idn: and who are these Packer fans that have said we should have won it? cause I sure don't hear much of that.

What is obvious is this, when this offense gets a lead, the defense has given it back, what you saw from Love to end the Niners game was tension, brought about because this defense dwindled away a 2score lead, that is a tough situation for any QB, and most fail, specially a puppy like Love.

anyone upset with How Love and this offense did against the Niners is just looking for something to complain about. as usual Barry's defense lost another game the offense had already won
I mean the defense gave up 10 points in the 4th quarter. That isn't this insane amount to give up.

The offense meanwhile put up 0 points and did well enough to score 3 points (based on one running play).

It is very reasoanble to state the Packers offense didn't do enough when it mattered most. Again. Why the incessant desire to defend one group over another? The offensive performance is just as much to blame as anyone else for the 49ers 4th quarter collapse.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:13
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I mean the defense gave up 10 points in the 4th quarter. That isn't this insane amount to give up.

The offense meanwhile put up 0 points and did well enough to score 3 points (based on one running play).

It is very reasoanble to state the Packers offense didn't do enough when it mattered most. Again. Why the incessant desire to defend one group over another? The offensive performance is just as much to blame as anyone else for the 49ers 4th quarter collapse.
Barry's defense is noted to give away points to close out games, I don't get the incessant attempts to defend a defense that sits back and allows opposing offense to march down the field and steal games.

every body knows, or should know that offenses tend to become conservative to close out games, true we needed to score some points, no one denies that, this same defense allowed Dallas to climb back in that game, and it's the same defense that tends to just try and hang on in every game we lost this last season, or last year too.

had a glitch trying to make my last post, hopefully this one sails on through.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

nope, I get HTTP message that site isn't working, only to relog in and see my post :idn:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:11

no, winning the SB in this era means you probably had the ball last,
You went onto blame the defense and excuse the offense for the loss in the rest of this post.

But if winning is a question of getting the ball last, then the offense is the one to blame, because they had the ball and could have taken the lead after SF's last TD without leaving enough or any time for them to respond.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:31
go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:13
Yoop wrote:

Barry's defense is noted to give away points to close out games, I don't get the incessant attempts to defend a defense that sits back and allows opposing offense to march down the field and steal games.

every body knows, or should know that offenses tend to become conservative to close out games, true we needed to score some points, no one denies that, this same defense allowed Dallas to climb back in that game, and it's the same defense that tends to just try and hang on in every game we lost this last season, or last year too.

had a glitch trying to make my last post, hopefully this one sails on through.
That's why my last sentence states "The offensive performance is just as much to blame as anyone else for the 49ers 4th quarter collapse."

All three phases failed each other. Each of them are to be blamed because each group failed in the 4th quarter.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:33
nope, I get HTTP message that site isn't working, only to relog in and see my post :idn:
I am getting this too. (Attn: mod team).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:39
Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2024 13:33
I am getting this too. (Attn: mod team).
frustrating, hopefully this goes through

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

nope that one didn't work either, see what happens now

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Offense couldn’t score one point in the 4th against the niners when the Chiefs went off in the 4th against the niners and some are saying that we win sb if we beat the niners. It’s comical.