2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Boooooo
image.png
image.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 472 times

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
19 Aug 2020 11:42
Seeing Josh Jackson's name coming up a lot.

Would like to hear more about some of the other guys as well like Hollman and Sullivan.
Kinda like how it was in 2018 off season too.

Though he was good for 700+ snaps on D that year. Last year he barely broke 100 snaps on D.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

So, what we're looking at here is:

Z can be having a "great" camp, but he's been lined up against John Leglue all week? Or Jace has been spreading the field, but it might be against 5th string guys?

:lol:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

well, zero football content for the rest of practice and now it's over; about 12 minutes 'til the MLF presser. Should be nice and adversarial, to say the least

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pro tip: follow Nagler... sorry, he wasn't on my original list so I only saw him if he got retweeted, but...
image.png
image.png (31.35 KiB) Viewed 459 times
image.png
image.png (20.51 KiB) Viewed 459 times
image.png
image.png (32.24 KiB) Viewed 459 times
image.png
image.png (20.79 KiB) Viewed 459 times

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Aug 2020 11:03
My feed right now is mostly Ryan Wood retweeting angry fans and Tom Silverstein being sarcastic.

I get that it's frustrating and I'm frustrated, but these guys have to know they're only making it worse for their followers by reporting zero information and complaining during camp.
Good point, They aren’t worth following in general imo.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

No reporting sucks for us fans, but I get it. With no preseason everything is basically geared toward week one. I don’t want any surprises leaked out by our boys. I don’t care about wood or Silversteins feelings. Nagler is so popular because they aren’t great at their jobs anyways. Same for schneiderman from the athletic...he has a following as an outsider because he does a better job that wood, demovosky, and Tom too.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Aug 2020 12:30
YoHoChecko wrote:
My feed right now is mostly Ryan Wood retweeting angry fans and Tom Silverstein being sarcastic.

I get that it's frustrating and I'm frustrated, but these guys have to know they're only making it worse for their followers by reporting zero information and complaining during camp.
To be honest, it would be very difficult reporting much when you're not allowed to even tell who's on the field with who. I'm not really interested to hear that someone like Z, or MVS, is making players when I don't have a clue who they're lining up against. Only thing that you could really report would just that the rookies are on the field looking decent, and injury updates.

The entire off season (and potential season) is going to be completely different everywhere. People need to start realizing this (Yes, I know that might have nothing to do with the reporting).
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Aug 2020 12:37
Drj820 wrote:
19 Aug 2020 12:30
YoHoChecko wrote:

To be honest, it would be very difficult reporting much when you're not allowed to even tell who's on the field with who. I'm not really interested to hear that someone like Z, or MVS, is making players when I don't have a clue who they're lining up against. Only thing that you could really report would just that the rookies are on the field looking decent, and injury updates.

The entire off season (and potential season) is going to be completely different everywhere. People need to start realizing this (Yes, I know that might have nothing to do with the reporting).
That’s kind of my point I mean every team has different rules this year. I think the cowboys aren’t allowing even pictures? Or videos? Or something even more restrictive than the packers have been. It’s a different world this year. I guess I just understand that it’s different and if MLF doesn’t want those details given out, I’m gonna trust it’s best...for this year. I enjoy taking shots at wood and Tom because I think they are annoying and their sarcas and whining about a rule makes me think they think they are more important to the show than they are. The whining is silly.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Aug 2020 12:43
The whining is silly.
It is, but the fans whining about it is just as silly.

Just be glad the players are on the field this Aug.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Aug 2020 12:46
Drj820 wrote:
19 Aug 2020 12:43
The whining is silly.
It is, but the fans whining about it is just as silly.

Just be glad the players are on the field this Aug.

That second line I totally agree with. I also think fans whining is sort of silly, but I support fans reacting however they want. They are fans, many low information. Whining on the job though, big turn off for me ha. MLF should show how strong his back hand is and ban wood and Tom for crying.

I do fully agree though that now is just the time for an abundance of gratitude from everyone that it looks like we are trending toward football.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Nagler said Josh Jackson was probably the largest surprise on defense coming into today. And then Jackson has another great day.

That's pretty cool to see.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
19 Aug 2020 13:04
Nagler said Josh Jackson was probably the largest surprise on defense coming into today. And then Jackson has another great day.

Might not be eating crow after all.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Would be awesome if Jackson could turn it around. I loved him coming out of college. Would be thrilled to see him thrive now.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Aug 2020 13:06
go pak go wrote:

I wonder if they're finally letting him play outside, which is obviously his best position despite some long speed limitations.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Aug 2020 13:10
I wonder if they're finally letting him play outside, which is obviously his best position despite some long speed limitations.
I think I'd like to see another capable CB outside... because I think I'd like to see Jaire in the slot if possible.
Maybe not all the time, but based on matchups/opponents it seems like Alexander would excel inside
Thoughts ?
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I’m not sure he’s ever going to be any good in a man heavy scheme.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I would really hope so.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
19 Aug 2020 13:18
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think I'd like to see another capable CB outside... because I think I'd like to see Jaire in the slot if possible.
Maybe not all the time, but based on matchups/opponents it seems like Alexander would excel inside
Thoughts ?
That’s always made the most sense to me. At the same time Sullivan is also at his best inside. The best CBs will play more than likely. Whether that’s King and Alexander outside and Sully inside or Alexander inside with King and either Holman or Jackson outside.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Aug 2020 13:19
YoHoChecko wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

I’m not sure he’s ever going to be any good in a man heavy scheme.
Maybe not, but I certainly wouldn't mind giving him some safety time too.

It's obvious the guy has talent, just need to find a spot for him (or on a man coverage oriented team).
RIP JustJeff