Cobb is back

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Do teams still do fan mail? You should mail that ish to him, YoHo! I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

For once, I'm having a lot of fun reading FF forums...

The same sect of fans who were all "give AR anything he wants, anything!!!" are now going "noooo, why oh why did we trade for this expensive old WR!?"

I guess some people thought that if AR got influence at personnel, he'd force the team to pull off fans' favorite moves. Not AR's favorite moves.

Also, the sudden cancellation of ARpocalypse has thoroughly disappointed many. I guess some would enjoy a spicy front office witch hunt more than boring old success on the field.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Jul 2021 01:10

The same sect of fans who were all "give AR anything he wants, anything!!!" are now going "noooo, why oh why did we trade for this expensive old WR!?"

I guess some people thought that if AR got influence at personnel, he'd force the team to pull off fans' favorite moves. Not AR's favorite moves.

Also, the sudden cancellation of ARpocalypse has thoroughly disappointed many. I guess some would enjoy a spicy front office witch hunt more than boring old success on the field.
It's become a prima donna(s) based drama show. Vince is irate. TT is likely unhappy as well. Wolf is still silent. Not a peep from Sherman or McCoach.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Jul 2021 01:10

as usual fans magnify every little thing and blow it out of proportion, people act as though Rodgers wanting some input with personal means he's been given a desk in Guty's office :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Doesn't look like Cobb personally took a pay cut.
image.png
image.png (121.59 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I can handle that 2021 cap hit. Any overflow will get carried over. But something miraculous has to happen for Cobb to stay for 2022.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rodgers just said on NFL Network that Cobb is staying with him right now.

As for the contract, Cobb’s 2021 was guaranteed, so no way would he take a pay cut. But I could see a future where he takes a pay cut rather than be released. This year, though, he had no reason to give anything up.