Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Oct 2021 18:13
I 1000% agree with @NCF

They are gonna boat race us early and I will fully support going vanilla and not showing them a thing as we plan to see them again.

Or we are going survive an initial push, maybe Gary injured Kyler, Hopkins leaves the game, ya know anything...and we grow in confidence and win.

Thursday games are traditionally weird. It can go weird either direction.
The pressure's on the Cardinals, not the Packers. I'm changing my Pick 6 vote now .... :idn:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

$%@# it. We are winning this &%$@. We have seen Rodgers against the Cardinals before without receivers and he did everything he needed to to succeed. The difference now is we dont have a bum like Dumbarious on the team... We do have a King though... Regardless. Lets run it down their throats and on defense make Kyler feel us.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

For real tho, I don’t respect the red birds until they force me to respect them.

Packers putting the world on notice tomorrow night
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

First bona fide team to face. Normally I'd call this a real test if we are contenders/pretenders, but no Adams, no Lazard, short defense. :idn:

I hope we show some :box: and make the game :munch:.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wow, Watt having season ending surgery (likely). Big blow for the Cardinals.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 22:06
Watt having season ending surgery
Damn, that's a tough one for JJ - especially since it came against his former employer.
IT. IS. TIME

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

If there ever is a time for St Brown to have a break out game this is it. With Adams and Lazard out he will get more opportunities. He is healthy, at least at the moment, and has played in a few games this year. Equanimeous has even excelled at times on special teams.

St Brown and MVS were drafted the same year. Injuries (COVID) have given him this opportunity. Now it's time for St Brown to show up and produce.
Love is the answer…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
Ñot to be insensitive but this is the reason I didn’t want to break the bank for him. This outcome felt inevitable to me.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Foosball wrote:
27 Oct 2021 23:34
If there ever is a time for St Brown to have a break out game this is it. With Adams and Lazard out he will get more opportunities. He is healthy, at least at the moment, and has played in a few games this year. Equanimeous has even excelled at times on special teams.

St Brown and MVS were drafted the same year. Injuries (COVID) have given him this opportunity. Now it's time for St Brown to show up and produce.
ESB is not going to be on the league next year. This is his opportunity to change that. I was extremely high on him coming out of college and his rookie year showed a lot of promise. This is a huge opportunity for him to show the league he deserves a shot when free agency rolls around.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

German_Panzer wrote:
27 Oct 2021 20:32
First bona fide team to face. Normally I'd call this a real test if we are contenders/pretenders, but no Adams, no Lazard, short defense. :idn:

I hope we show some :box: and make the game :munch:.
I would consider the Bengals a legitimate team and we beat them in their house. Despite all the injuries we have something no other team does and that’s a Godgers.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

How many rookies are starting?

How many FA's have been signed and are contributing?

If the Packers win this game, congrats to Gute. Even if they do not, he has done an outstanding job in the last year.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Oct 2021 23:36
paco wrote:
Ñot to be insensitive but this is the reason I didn’t want to break the bank for him. This outcome felt inevitable to me.
I can totally see your point here. Its a reason I was hesitant for a big multi-year deal. The dude is great. Would probably be considered a top 5 all time defensive player if he could've just stayed healthy. But he put it all out there and his body is breaking down.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Oct 2021 04:24
How many rookies are starting?

How many FA's have been signed and are contributing?

If the Packers win this game, congrats to Gute. Even if they do not, he has done an outstanding job in the last year.
I mean from a pure short term GM Standpoint, I think what Brian Gutekunst has done in 2021 at least up to this point, based on the resources he had, is going on pace for some of the best GM'ing the Packers or the league has ever seen.

Rodgers came back
Got Cobb for a 6th
Got Bojo for very little
Signed Campbell for peanuts
Drafted Stokes
Drafted 2 OL starters (though not great have also not been terrible)
Signed Rasul Douglass who has shown he is a legit player for us.
Whitney Mercilus impressed in his first action
Brining back Dean Lowry and Preston Smith is looking smart

Talk about producing a lot with very little resources.

It's fun and easy to harp on the bad moves (basically Kevin King) but when you look at the good moves, he has put together 3 amazing rosters from 2019 - 2021.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I've still got us down to lose this one. If Hopkins is out, that may change my mind, but it'll be close. Confidence on pick isn't high in either case (which is why I put it as 1 in the confidence pick em). I think this is a totally winnable game and hope I end up being wrong.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I was thinking through that exact thing [mention]go pak go[/mention]

I’m mildly resigned to the fact that neither Gutey or MLF will ever recorded credit for the good moves until they win without Rodgers. The narrative is too ingrained.

But that doesn’t mean those of us who know better can’t be impressed :mrgreen:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
28 Oct 2021 07:34
I've still got us down to lose this one. If Hopkins is out, that may change my mind, but it'll be close. Confidence on pick isn't high in either case (which is why I put it as 1 in the confidence pick em). I think this is a totally winnable game and hope I end up being wrong.
Yeah I'm pretty sure we lose.

But this is also one of the most excited I have been for a Packers game in a long, long time.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Oct 2021 07:35
I was thinking through that exact thing @go pak go

I’m mildly resigned to the fact that neither Gutey or MLF will ever recorded credit for the good moves until they win without Rodgers. The narrative is too ingrained.

Yeah and I questioned if I should write it yet too because it's early. I hate saying stuff too soon because this 2021 season can still go a variety of ways.

But what I find impressive or interesting about the Rodgers narrative is that he was a 10th to 13th rated QB in 2019. Top 3 QB in 2020. And probably a 7th to 12th rated QB so far this year again because like 2019, is struggling with his long ball accuracy.

I just get so much joy watching Packers teams that aren't dependent on Aaron Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 07:49
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah and I questioned if I should write it yet too because it's early. I hate saying stuff too soon because this 2021 season can still go a variety of ways.

But what I find impressive or interesting about the Rodgers narrative is that he was a 10th to 13th rated QB in 2019. Top 3 QB in 2020. And probably a 7th to 12th rated QB so far this year again because like 2019, is struggling with his long ball accuracy.

I just get so much joy watching Packers teams that aren't dependent on Aaron Rodgers.
We don’t know how dependent the team is on him until we see the team win games without him. We haven’t seen that since he became the starter.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 08:08
go pak go wrote:
We don’t know how dependent the team is on him until we see the team win games without him. We haven’t seen that since he became the starter.
While there's obvious truth to that, I'm not sure it's really true--particularly looking in the past.

I mean, backup QBs often stink. I know the Saints got through things, but look at the 49ers' roster, which people consider very strong, and how much they struggle over the past couple years without GARRAPOLO. He's not that good, but replacing starting QBs often makes good rosters look crappy. I don't know that we have ever learned anything about the rest of the roster from watching Hundley and Seneca Wallace run around and fail.

So while I agree with the future part--when the team has a new starting QB who is the planned starter, selected and trained for that role. But I certainly can't say that you can measure a QB's worth by the way the team performs with crappy backup QBs.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 08:08
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

And let's hope we don't have to this year!

And I probably was a bit harsh on his 2021 QB'ing. He likely is more in that 5th to 7th range.

His completion % after week 1 has been insane.
Yoop wrote: