49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I took MVS in the weekly player thread, I'am waiting to hear that he is out before I pick someone else, holding him out these last couple days could just be precaution, need more info.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

MLF said Bak will be listed as questionable and MVS doubtful.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
20 Jan 2022 13:52
Yep, just heard that. Seems to track with expectations and practice volumes.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 20 Jan 2022 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
20 Jan 2022 13:52
I was wrong again...
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly it sounds like Ward is just exhausted from prolonged scramble drills by a QB who is pretending to be Rodgers in terms of extending the play, but cannot possibly be expected to be Rodgers in terms of seeing the field and placing the ball on such opportunities.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:06
Honestly it sounds like Ward is just exhausted from prolonged scramble drills by a QB who is pretending to be Rodgers in terms of extending the play, but cannot possibly be expected to be Rodgers in terms of seeing the field and placing the ball on such opportunities.
I think they are missing the mark on a QB who has posted the shortest time from snap to release in his career.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:22
I think they are missing the mark on a QB who has posted the shortest time from snap to release in his career.
I was thinking that, too. Like, "gosh I HOPE that's how they're practicing for us"

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:22
YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:06
Exactly. I’d have thought they focus on route disruption and pass lane defense against those quick hitters. I believe SF is primarily a zone team so I think Rodgers will feast with Davante, Lazard, Cobb and whoever the TE dujour is this week if their plan is to sit back and hope the rush hits home.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Tae is to SF like Cobb is to the Bears, even more so, in the last 5 games he's over a 100 yrds in each.
the only worries I have with Lance is that he might run more then Garopalo, we need to stick with gap control against the run and just amp up the pass rush.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Time to get that blood flowing…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Just sayin’…

Jonnydel49
Reactions:

Post by Jonnydel49 »

Acrobat wrote:
20 Jan 2022 10:45
APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 10:32
An opposing fan analysis of the Saturday matchup. This guy is pretty well respected on the 49er forum site I’ve been perusing this week.

The one thing I chuckled at was when he said "I can guarantee that Jimmy G won't make the same mistake" Uhhh you sure about that?

It was good analysis though.
So, I'm the creator of the video, the OP gave me the link so I could join in on the fun

The reason I say Jimmy won't make that same mistake is because he's never done that before.

We run that speedo concept a lot, along with similar PIN, Yankee and Dagger concepts. Theyre all similar just focus on a different area of the field but all involve a clearing route(streak from the speedo, deep Post on Dagger, Yankee and PIN). Jimmy will almost to a a fault, throw the DIG/over on those concepts.

The idea is to attack an underneath guy, it depends on which guy is attacking run harder, to open the run game back up. I've seen him make those throws probably over a hundred times and he's never made that mistake and it's just not who he is. He has his faults, no doubt but I'm am 1000% sure he doesn't make the same mistake Baker made that I showed.

Jonnydel49
Reactions:

Post by Jonnydel49 »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 11:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jan 2022 10:56
APB wrote:
An opposing fan analysis of the Saturday matchup. This guy is pretty well respected on the 49er forum site I’ve been perusing this week.

video removed
So basically ten minutes to say "If Kenny Clark wrecks their OL again, they have no chance; but if Kenny Clark is unable to wreck their OL, they can run it on us."
:lol: :)

Pretty much. Kenny was rag-dolling Mack left and right. If KC brings his man game again, as he does consistently, their hopes for run dominance will be dashed.

I also thought it cute this guy brought several clips from the 2019 match-up. Different coaching, different philosophy, different players…no matter, let’s roll that film again!! I suppose I get it but with an abundance of fresh tape from THIS YEAR I’d have thought there would be plenty of examples to use rather than harkening back to footage from yesteryear.

I have found their fan base to just instinctively think they’re gonna road grade us based on 2019. It’s funny, really. The “30th ranked run defense” stat is gobbled up like it’s Jell-O shots at a teen house party. The “soft” narrative is also still widely assumed. I tried to push back on that some but there was no hope…we’re soft. Always have been, always will be. :lol:

I really can’t wait for this weekend.

It looks as though my travels this week will extend into Saturday so I’ll have to find a local bar somewhere to cheer them on. I’ll either be in Pittsburgh, Houston, or somewhere in between as I ferry a helicopter cross-country back to its Texas home.

Wherever I end up, I’ll be geared up, cheered up, and beered up! :beer2: :banana:
So the reason I used footage from 2019 was to compare and contrast when it worked and when it didn't vs the same front.

While the coaches have changed, GB uses the same bear front in base they did in both matchups. There wasn't anything either team was doing, scheme wise, that had a huge impact on the outcome, it was the execution of that scheme.

I'm not assuming we'll road grade like 2019, I'm saying we have to control the DT's against that Bear front or we won't run well at all.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Jonnydel49 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:23
Acrobat wrote:
20 Jan 2022 10:45
APB wrote:

The one thing I chuckled at was when he said "I can guarantee that Jimmy G won't make the same mistake" Uhhh you sure about that?

It was good analysis though.
So, I'm the creator of the video, the OP gave me the link so I could join in on the fun

The reason I say Jimmy won't make that same mistake is because he's never done that before.

We run that speedo concept a lot, along with similar PIN, Yankee and Dagger concepts. Theyre all similar just focus on a different area of the field but all involve a clearing route(streak from the speedo, deep Post on Dagger, Yankee and PIN). Jimmy will almost to a a fault, throw the DIG/over on those concepts.

The idea is to attack an underneath guy, it depends on which guy is attacking run harder, to open the run game back up. I've seen him make those throws probably over a hundred times and he's never made that mistake and it's just not who he is. He has his faults, no doubt but I'm am 1000% sure he doesn't make the same mistake Baker made that I showed.
Very cool man! Good video. :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Jonnydel49 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:27
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

So basically ten minutes to say "If Kenny Clark wrecks their OL again, they have no chance; but if Kenny Clark is unable to wreck their OL, they can run it on us."

Pretty much. Kenny was rag-dolling Mack left and right. If KC brings his man game again, as he does consistently, their hopes for run dominance will be dashed.

I also thought it cute this guy brought several clips from the 2019 match-up. Different coaching, different philosophy, different players…no matter, let’s roll that film again!! I suppose I get it but with an abundance of fresh tape from THIS YEAR I’d have thought there would be plenty of examples to use rather than harkening back to footage from yesteryear.

I have found their fan base to just instinctively think they’re gonna road grade us based on 2019. It’s funny, really. The “30th ranked run defense” stat is gobbled up like it’s Jell-O shots at a teen house party. The “soft” narrative is also still widely assumed. I tried to push back on that some but there was no hope…we’re soft. Always have been, always will be. :lol:

It looks as though my travels this week will extend into Saturday so I’ll have to find a local bar somewhere to cheer them on. I’ll either be in Pittsburgh, Houston, or somewhere in between as I ferry a helicopter cross-country back to its Texas home.

Wherever I end up, I’ll be geared up, cheered up, and beered up! :beer2: :banana:
So the reason I used footage from 2019 was to compare and contrast when it worked and when it didn't vs the same front.

While the coaches have changed, GB uses the same bear front in base they did in both matchups. There wasn't anything either team was doing, scheme wise, that had a huge impact on the outcome, it was the execution of that scheme.

I'm not assuming we'll road grade like 2019, I'm saying we have to control the DT's against that Bear front or we won't run well at all.
First off, I’m super glad you dropped in! I can appreciate smart analysis and civil discourse from good football people despite their utter lack of taste in team allegiance! ;)

Thanks for clarifying use of the older film. When I said “ I get it” that is what I was alluding to only didn't verbalize that very well. I guess I just felt you could have illustrated the same points without without using older film of Mostert running roughshod over us. The scab from that wound hasn’t healed sort of thing…

And the road grading comment was a general observation I’ve gotten from that forum, in general, not you personally for what that’s worth.

Since you’re here, any chance we can talk you into changing allegiance and producing these fantastic video breakdowns for us on a weekly basis? After all, come Sunday you’ll have some football free time on your hands… :mrgreen:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Jonnydel49 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:27
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Hey, actual football talk!! Welcome and thanks for posting this.

Read More. Post Less.