General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think the biggest thing that scares me for January/February is we can't have our offense go through its lull stretches where it gets two 3 and out drives or two turnovers in a row.

When we do, this team is in TROUBLE.

If that happens in the post season, that is likely going to be the nail that ends the 2020 Packers. I think that's what we are all nervous for and crave to see a defense that we can have some confidence in to either build up a lead to survive those lulls or be a big enough defense to not allow 14 to 21 points during those lulls of Rodgers touching the ball only 6 to 9 times.

IF our offense doesn't have those lulls....I don't see why we can't win it all.

But that is a major IF and therefore we get nervous on the second IF of our defense stepping up and keeping us in the fight.

If I recall, our STs in 2010 wasn't the best either. I know we lost to Chicago, NE and ATL during the regular season largely because our STs allowed a big PR or KR.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly our defense is not that far off. It seems to me our defense is like 4 - 6 plays away during 2020 from us having a good taste in our mouth vs bad taste.

A lot of the plays are because a LB is in the wrong spot and the RB gets a huge run (Cook, Kamara and Chicago), the opponent gets a great screen that we can't cover, our defense dropping INTs that turns a turnover drive into a scoring drive for the opponent, or our defense not getting an effective rush on key 3rd and longs.

It's like seriously 6 plays all year that if we could take back, and they're simple plays that should start in the defense's favor....this is a completely different defense.

Take yesterday. We do a great job getting Detroit to 3rd and 9 on their first drive and then we get zero rush and they convert. Our defense is so bad at recovering from that. We seem to be a feast or famine defense. Either it is 3 and out or it is touchdown and we hate that as fans.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2020 12:21
But to be the top team in the conference and still be typing things like "this unit or that unit isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl" just seems weird to me. Like, yes it could be good enough to win a Super Bowl. But, again, it probably won't, because that's how probability works.
It's a gut feeling. You cannot explain a gut feeling nor can you attempt to confirm or refute it using logic. It's just there. I just need to see some consistency from those units to feel better about them blowing our chances for a title. Blind faith isn't working for me any more.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 12:43
Take yesterday. We do a great job getting Detroit to 3rd and 9 on their first drive and then we get zero rush and they convert. Our defense is so bad at recovering from that. We seem to be a feast or famine defense. Either it is 3 and out or it is touchdown and we hate that as fans.
I'd love to see that compared to other teams because it honestly feels like on both offense and defense, it's either a 3&out or a score, which seems very strange.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2020 12:46
go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 12:43
I'd love to see that compared to other teams because it honestly feels like on both offense and defense, it's either a 3&out or a score, which seems very strange.
Yeah. The strangest moment I had watching yesterday's game was honestly when we had to the kick the field goal in the 4th quarter.

Like we got our first downs. We were in the zone....and we didn't get a touchdown. It felt weird because it never happens.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
14 Dec 2020 15:24
[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] and I were just talking about this.

Oh please someone do the defense on this.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

What is he using to base those percentages on?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 16:29
Not a playoff team last year, and wouldn't be this year but.... If you count winning the NFC East, the WFT got huge contributions from Chase Young and Antonio Gibson

That's all I got 8-)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 16:15
Defense:
So, if I am reading this correctly, GB is among the worst teams in the league at getting to 3rd-down. Is that a correct interpretation? Our 3rd-down % is kind of on par with many teams, but we are giving up too many 1st-downs on early downs to have a chance to force teams off the field.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

29th, correct.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Dec 2020 08:21
williewasgreat wrote:
12 Dec 2020 05:10
lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2020 17:25

Has this been posted yet? If not here we go. Poor LB play. Inside and out.
Interesting video, thanks for posting. This shows how bad Kirksey has played.
Gutey losing Blake (alright I get that) and then thinking that Kirksey would be an answer, was one of the worst decision i Can imagine. If we look back on the Board at summer discussions, many of us knew Kirksey was a disaster decision even before the season started. Almost like we were prophets.
Do you or anybody else believe the Packers record would be any better if Martinez were still the middle linebacker? I personally don't.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yes

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 18:23
Yes
I think we would have beaten MN and maybe the Colts.

It was a gamble passing on Blake. Unfortunately didn't work out for us. But they can't keep put Kirksey out there. They need to find Plan B fast.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Christo wrote:
14 Dec 2020 18:11
Drj820 wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

Gutey losing Blake (alright I get that) and then thinking that Kirksey would be an answer, was one of the worst decision i Can imagine. If we look back on the Board at summer discussions, many of us knew Kirksey was a disaster decision even before the season started. Almost like we were prophets.
Do you or anybody else believe the Packers record would be any better if Martinez were still the middle linebacker? I personally don't.
Maybe.

Also maybe win a playoff game with Blake that we won’t win with kirksey.

But MY point is more that even though the answer may not have been Blake (I said I get why we didn’t resign him), my complaint is the whiff that was thinking broken kirksey was going to be an adequate answer.

I didn’t then, I don’t now, and I am surprised the coaching staff doesn’t agree with me yet. They obviously don’t seeing Kamal Martin played in 18% of the snaps Sunday.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 16:29
Bulaga, Starks, Zombo, Shields 8-)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Christo wrote:
14 Dec 2020 18:11
Drj820 wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

I think so. Martinez is a way better run defender than Kirksey and maybe slightly better in coverage.

I think we beat the Vikings with a guy like Martinez. Maybe the Colts too. You never know but we miss him as a run defender right now. Kirksey has been really bad.
Cancelled by the forum elites.