Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Waldo wrote:
28 May 2021 11:21
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 May 2021 09:33
Yoho doesn't understand the difference between leverage and value. That's pretty funny.

AR's value is never going to be higher than it is right now, and Denver needs a playoff push or that house gets cleaned. They'll pay through the nose to keep their jobs.

You guys have a great weekend.
I disagree.

#12 will be much more valuable after the season when teams have time to plan to save/acquire the ammunition/cap space needed for a trade. Right now a tiny # of teams could even execute a trade with GB for #12, whether they want to or not. Its just too late in the offseason. Max value is at the opening bell of Free Agency, not in the summer.

I would just tell him straight up if I was Gute, he isn't getting traded until after this season no matter what he wants. If Aaron wants to be a jerk, its on him. He has a lot more to lose than the team. GB will still sell out games just fine if he leaves in a huff. Any post football media career for him depends on him not being labeled a big jerk by everyone. Any anyone random what they think of Favre and most remember the ironman streak, retirement drama, and the phallus pics he sent. 90's Favre that had a pedestal built around him is remembered by almost nobody but GB fans.
The 1996 team success wasn't due to Favre. And the 2010 team success wasn't due to Rodgers. Both teams had great defensive lines, defensive backfields and linebackers. Here's the list: 1996 -> Jones, Brown, Dotson, White, Simmons, Koonce,Williams, Newsome, Evans, Robinson, Butler -AND- 2010 -> Pickett, Raji, Jenkins, Matthews, Zombo, Hawk, Bishop, Woodson, Peprah, Collins and Tramon. Tramon, Collins and Peprah combined for 12 INTs. Zombo had 4 sacks. Butler, Newsome, Robinson and Evans combined for 18 INTs. Raji, Jenkins, Matthews, Bishop combined for 30 sacks. Both the 1996 and 2010 teams had excellent offensive lines as well. Bart Starr had incredible supporting casts on defense and on the offensive line.

Starr won championships and an MVP, Favre had fun and won MVPs, and Rodgers _______________ (fill in the blank). Some ideas: pouted about his receiver route running, pouted about Gutey, pouted about McCoach, had a great passer rating, lost 4 out of 5 NFCCGs, won MVPs, ...........

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 May 2021 17:12
Waldo wrote:
28 May 2021 11:21
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 May 2021 09:33
Yoho doesn't understand the difference between leverage and value. That's pretty funny.

AR's value is never going to be higher than it is right now, and Denver needs a playoff push or that house gets cleaned. They'll pay through the nose to keep their jobs.

You guys have a great weekend.
I disagree.

#12 will be much more valuable after the season when teams have time to plan to save/acquire the ammunition/cap space needed for a trade. Right now a tiny # of teams could even execute a trade with GB for #12, whether they want to or not. Its just too late in the offseason. Max value is at the opening bell of Free Agency, not in the summer.

I would just tell him straight up if I was Gute, he isn't getting traded until after this season no matter what he wants. If Aaron wants to be a jerk, its on him. He has a lot more to lose than the team. GB will still sell out games just fine if he leaves in a huff. Any post football media career for him depends on him not being labeled a big jerk by everyone. Any anyone random what they think of Favre and most remember the ironman streak, retirement drama, and the phallus pics he sent. 90's Favre that had a pedestal built around him is remembered by almost nobody but GB fans.
The 1996 team success wasn't due to Favre. And the 2010 team success wasn't due to Rodgers. Both teams had great defensive lines, defensive backfields and linebackers. Here's the list: 1996 -> Jones, Brown, Dotson, White, Simmons, Koonce,Williams, Newsome, Evans, Robinson, Butler -AND- 2010 -> Pickett, Raji, Jenkins, Matthews, Zombo, Hawk, Bishop, Woodson, Peprah, Collins and Tramon. Tramon, Collins and Peprah combined for 12 INTs. Zombo had 4 sacks. Butler, Newsome, Robinson and Evans combined for 18 INTs. Raji, Jenkins, Matthews, Bishop combined for 30 sacks. Both the 1996 and 2010 teams had excellent offensive lines as well. Bart Starr had incredible supporting casts on defense and on the offensive line.

Starr won championships and an MVP, Favre had fun and won MVPs, and Rodgers _______________ (fill in the blank). Some ideas: pouted about his receiver route running, pouted about Gutey, pouted about McCoach, had a great passer rating, lost 4 out of 5 NFCCGs, won MVPs, ...........
Fill in the blank? OK, I will. Rodgers choked away 2 NFCCG's.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Rodgers carried some incredibly bad Packers teams to NFCCs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers allowed many subpar front office talent evaluators to stay employed and continue to make money.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 May 2021 00:47
Rodgers carried some incredibly bad Packers teams to NFCCs.
Oh you mean that one?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
30 May 2021 03:46
Rodgers allowed many subpar front office talent evaluators to stay employed and continue to make money.
Wait but honestly. Who?

I genuinely, earnestly don’t know what you’re talking about.

The ONLY two people I can think of are Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, each of whom probably outlasted their useful life by one to three years. But in the years where their performance dropped off, so too did the team. Rodgers May have carried the team a bit from 2016 to 2018, but he didn’t really carry them anywhere. He certainly didn’t buy McCarthy extra time.

I’m not trying to diminish Rodgers’ importance in our win streak and playoff runs. I’m just saying that we can all agree that 2005 - 2014 TT was not at all a subpar talent evaluator. And 2006 - 2015 McCarthy was not out of his coaching depth.

I can’t really reason that a single undeserving human kept their job in our front office or coaching staff because Rodgers kept them afloat. When the team got worse around Rodgers, he also got worse and so did the team’s record.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The whole Rodgers carried the Packers to the NFC Title narrative is getting old and annoying.

It is unbelievable how much people are allowing the 2015 and 2016 seasons form a narrative on 13 seasons.

Rodgers inherited a NFCG team in 2008. Rodgers then saw a team who's talent grew from that team.

Rodgers carried the Packers to a title game ONCE IN 2016. But Rodgers was also bailed out by the defense in two NFCCGs. One of them they won. The other they didn't.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
31 May 2021 07:05
The whole Rodgers carried the Packers to the NFC Title narrative is getting old and annoying.

It is unbelievable how much people are allowing the 2015 and 2016 seasons form a narrative on 13 seasons.

Rodgers inherited a NFCG team in 2008. Rodgers then saw a team who's talent grew from that team.

Rodgers carried the Packers to a title game ONCE IN 2016. But Rodgers was also bailed out by the defense in two NFCCGs. One of them they won. The other they didn't.
Yeah that narrative has always been an indicator that they don't really know what they're talking about. In a sport where there are 11 players on the field at all time, of course it's important to have an MVP caliber type player as your QB, but it still takes so many other things to go right to get to the Championship game.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'm not sure what the point is about if Rodgers was this or that in NFCCGs. The one that matters is last year. And Rodgers was not the reason this team lost that game to the Bucs. Anytime that a team goes to the playoffs, especially deep into January, the weirdest things can happen. Good teams can lose. To make a narrative on Rodgers isn't really fair.

Just in our lifetimes, guys like Marino, McNabb, Warner, and a host of other guys have had mixed results. The GOAT named Brady has lost many playoff games. But he's also won a lot of them.

I think it's okay to say that Aaron has been respectable overall and in the playoffs too. And that's an understatement. He's actually been real good.

I'm ready to move on from Aaron. But I'm not going to stop saying that he hasn't been one of the best ever.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
31 May 2021 10:23
I'm not sure what the point is about if Rodgers was this or that in NFCCGs. The one that matters is last year. And Rodgers was not the reason this team lost that game to the Bucs. Anytime that a team goes to the playoffs, especially deep into January, the weirdest things can happen. Good teams can lose. To make a narrative on Rodgers isn't really fair.

Just in our lifetimes, guys like Marino, McNabb, Warner, and a host of other guys have had mixed results. The GOAT named Brady has lost many playoff games. But he's also won a lot of them.

I think it's okay to say that Aaron has been respectable overall and in the playoffs too. And that's an understatement. He's actually been real good.

I'm ready to move on from Aaron. But I'm not going to stop saying that he hasn't been one of the best ever.
The point isn't to down Aaron in the playoffs. The point to to counteract the argument that Rodgers carries the team on his back when that statement is factually incorrect and based on 2015 - 2016 (with 2017 and 2018 being used as the years where the Packers were forced to realize their situation and move onto the new era).

Having said all that, you want your best player, especially when he is touted as the best in the league, to evelate his play when it is needed most to carry the team over the edge. Rodgers didn't do it in 2014 when the offense was near the goal line all those times and Rodgers didn't do it last January when the defense gave the offense multiple opportunities to get the Packers back into the game.
Last edited by go pak go on 31 May 2021 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Scott4Pack wrote:
And Rodgers was not the reason this team lost that game to the Bucs.
He wasn't the reason we lost, but if he had played even ~25% better (ahem, RED ZONE OFFENSE), we probably win that game... :|
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 May 2021 10:28
Scott4Pack wrote:

The point isn't to down Aaron in the playoffs. The point to to counteract the argument that Rodgers carries the team on his back when that statement is factually incorrect and based on 2015 - 2016 (with 2017 and 2018 being used as the years where the Packers were forced to realize their situation and move onto the new era).

Having said all that, you want your best player, especially when he is touted as the best in the league, to evelate his play when it is needed most to carry the team over the edge. Rodgers didn't do it in 2014 when the offense was near the goal line all those times and Rodgers didn't do it last January when the defense gave the offense multiple opportunities to get the Packers back into the game.
of course your point is to down grade Rodgers, always has been, reality is this, minus Rodgers ( install any average QB) and we probably only go to 1/3 or half the play off games, and very doubtful we go to any NFCCG, and thats with his 011, 013, 014 or 019 teams when he had the best supporting cast, you are so far off base with who and what Rodgers has brought to this team, It may take great heroics to win close games in the last seconds, and Rodgers has done that often, but typically games are lost long before the end, Rodgers has extended 100's of drives simply due to heroic plays, finding the only player open enough to catch a last second throw.

I hate the thought of the Rodgers era ending, mostly because I've experienced life as a Packer fan without a QB like him, and that includes both Favre and Bart Starr, Favre was the king of lost causes, throw more games away with last second brain farts then any QB the team ever had, and Bart though I loved the guy played with 10 other HOF players for most of his career, and in the small ball era to boot, Bart never really had to carry a team, But Rodgers has had to for half his career, all 3 player era's produced winning teams, imho Rodgers era is the exception, his teams rarely had the talent accumulation of the other two.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 May 2021 11:26
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

of course your point is to down grade Rodgers, always has been, reality is this, minus Rodgers ( install any average QB) and we probably only go to 1/3 or half the play off games, and very doubtful we go to any NFCCG, and thats with his 011, 013, 014 or 019 teams when he had the best supporting cast, you are so far off base with who and what Rodgers has brought to this team, It may take great heroics to win close games in the last seconds, and Rodgers has done that often, but typically games are lost long before the end, Rodgers has extended 100's of drives simply due to heroic plays, finding the only player open enough to catch a last second throw.

I hate the thought of the Rodgers era ending, mostly because I've experienced life as a Packer fan without a QB like him, and that includes both Favre and Bart Starr, Favre was the king of lost causes, throw more games away with last second brain farts then any QB the team ever had, and Bart though I loved the guy played with 10 other HOF players for most of his career, and in the small ball era to boot, Bart never really had to carry a team, But Rodgers has had to for half his career, all 3 player era's produced winning teams, imho Rodgers era is the exception, his teams rarely had the talent accumulation of the other two.
I don't really get your point of your rambling posts. I paticularly don't understand why you have to constantly use me "trying to degrade Rodgers" performance as a defense of Aaron Rodgers. It's a lousy defense and is rooted in an emotional response.

I don't think Rodgers carried the 2010, 2014 or 2019 teams into the NFC Title game. 2010 and 2014 Rodgers was injured and the team still went. 2019 Rodgers was an average passer and the team still went. 2020 Rodgers was an MVP and played fantastic leading up to the game and including the Rams game. But the defense played pretty damned well too during December and January minus 3 plays vs Tampa.

That's all it took.

The only season where Rodgers carried the Packers and took the Packers much farther than the roster deserved to go was in 2016. Arguing against that is simply ridiculous.
Last edited by go pak go on 31 May 2021 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Yes. I will absolutely be not afraid to bring reality regarding Rodgers's legacy which is that he is an incredible talent, for sure a top 3 talent in league history at the position, but doesn't have the winning legacy of Tom Brady or Joe Montana.

Everyone else in front of Rodgers in terms of QB greats has basically 2 rings which I don't think is enough to say those guys are any more "clutch" than Rodgers is.

But the Packers holding Rodgers back in terms of hardware is factually not correct. It just isn't. The Packers have supplied Rodgers with plenty of opportunities and rosters.

I don't think there needs to be said much more beyond that.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 May 2021 11:34
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I don't really get your point of your rambling posts.

I don't think Rodgers carried the 2010, 2014 or 2019 teams into the NFC Title game. 2010 and 2014 Rodgers was injured and the team still went. 2019 Rodgers was an average passer and the team still went. 2020 Rodgers was an MVP and played fantastic leading up to the game and including the Rams game. But the defense played pretty damned well too during December and January minus 3 plays vs Tampa.

That's all it took.

The only season where Rodgers carried the Packers and took the Packers much farther than the roster deserved to go was in 2016. Arguing against that is simply ridiculous.

we never even get to those games with a average Rodgers, 2019 is a new offense, I'd like to see some other QB get us to the NFCCG, learning a new offense in the process, he took us from WC to SB champs, with what, down 7 starters, your in dream land if you think some average QB could have gotten that done.

same with the rest of the seasons you mentioned, Rodgers has contributed more to our winning then almost anything the FO has done, sure he's had some decent talent this year or that, but it sure as hell hasn't been anything to brag about, we had 3 or 4 straight seasons with complete positions groups void of starting caliber players, ( course we blame the freaking DC for that, what a joke), then this &%$@ show at WR, one great guy and a bunch of players never to be heard again when they leave the Packers, prior to A. Jones the RB room since 010 consisted of a bunch of jags and Eddy Lacy who ate himself off the team, your not being realistic down playing what Rodgers has meant to winning football games for us, but it's possible your going to gain first hand knowledge of just how hard it is to win in this league without a guy like him.
enjoy..

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop you are just continuing to prove my point on each of your follow up posts in terms of emotional attachment of irrational defense of Rodgers at the expense of degrading the Packers. Particulalarly when in these posts I even state that Rodgers is a top 3 talent and in the next grouping of players of winners below Brady and Montana. Like I don't know what I can say that uplifts Rodgers. Those aren't daggers on Rodgers. Those are pretty hefty compliments.

Will the Packers be as successful in terms of NFC title appearances after Rodgers? My money is no; simply due to numbers. The Packers went there a lot the last 10 years so to replicate that will be very hard unless the next QB option is a high level caliber QB.
Last edited by go pak go on 31 May 2021 12:19, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 May 2021 11:54
we never even get to those games with a average Rodgers.
But we did. At least twice.

2010 Rodgers wasn't elite. He was an ascending and damn good player but he wasn't elite status yet. The defense scored TDs in the final 3 playoff games (Divisional, NFC Title and SB)

2014 Rodgers was MVP. But he got hurt late in the season which dropped his level of effectiveness significantly. The defense played very good ball vs Dallas and Rodgers had an amazing 2nd half vs Dallas considering his injury situation.

2019 the Packers went to the NFC title game with an average passing attack and offense outside of Aaron Jones.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 May 2021 12:07
Yoop you are just continuing to prove my point on each of your follow up posts in terms of emotional attachment of irrational defense of Rodgers at the expense of degrading the Packers.

Will the Packers be as successful in terms of NFC title appearances after Rodgers? My money is no; simply due to numbers. The Packers went there a lot the last 10 years so to replicate that will be very hard unless the next QB option is a high level caliber QB.
I defend Rodgers because Rodgers meant more to our wining most seasons then the supporting cast did, and you've supported the rag muffin defense that rarely ever gave up less then 25 pts a game, or receivers that rarely beat 1 on 1 coverage over Rodgers, thats why I defend Rodgers.

you don't think we can be as good minus Rodgers, yet you blame him for our losses, you bet I blame this FO before I blame the QB, minus him and we'd probably still have McCarthy.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 May 2021 12:31
go pak go wrote:
Yoop you are just continuing to prove my point on each of your follow up posts in terms of emotional attachment of irrational defense of Rodgers at the expense of degrading the Packers.

I defend Rodgers because Rodgers meant more to our wining most seasons then the supporting cast did, and you've supported the rag muffin defense that rarely ever gave up less then 25 pts a game, or receivers that rarely beat 1 on 1 coverage over Rodgers, thats why I defend Rodgers.

you don't think we can be as good minus Rodgers, yet you blame him for our losses, you bet I blame this FO before I blame the QB, minus him and we'd probably still have McCarthy.
So the 2010, 2014 and 2019 (and a lesser extent 2020) defenses were rag muffin defenses?

Because those are the only defenses I was defending.

And yoop, of course the QB should mean more to a team's success of winning games than any other specific position. It is why so much resources are allocated to that position. And the Packers have allocated more cap to that position over the last 10 years than any other team in the league which means that position will need to carry the team more than others due to it being rewarded more than any other. That just comes with it.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 May 2021 12:37
Yoop wrote:
31 May 2021 12:31
go pak go wrote:

So the 2010, 2014 and 2019 (and a lesser extent 2020) defenses were rag muffin defenses?

Because those are the only defenses I was defending.

And yoop, of course the QB should mean more to a team's success of winning games than any other specific position. It is why so much resources are allocated to that position. And the Packers have allocated more cap to that position over the last 10 years than any other team in the league which means that position will need to carry the team more than others due to it being rewarded more than any other. That just comes with it.
Rodgers is #8 for highest paid players, so no, the Packers did not pay more for our QB then any other team, nice try

https://www.businessinsider.com/highest ... million-23