Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:43
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:41
Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:35

you have to admit to your skepticism, all week you thought we'd lose this game.
Yup. I was very skeptical.

Why do you think I am so happy today? Last night is literally once in a decade or so performance.

I am trying to think of the last time we won a road game vs an undefeated or even 1 loss/2 loss team after like week 5.

These things just don't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the first time we won vs an undefeated team on the road in my life. Also wouldn't be shocked if it was one or only a handful of times we beat a 1 loss team on the road in my life.
Okay. Actually trying to think of this now.

I know we beat the Jets in 2010 and they were 5-1 though that had no real seeding impacts as it was vs a non-NFC opponent.
see I don't look at wins and losses this way that much, on any given Sunday the worst team in the league can beat the very best, fans think it's easy to adjust a game plan mid game, it's not, often a weaker team just has scouted out and read your tendency's to the point that there simply more prepared, thats not so much a slight on the better team, but just acceptance that nothing can be taken for granted, it's why upsets and blowouts are common, in that respect the win/loss column is of little value, what happened last night was special in that we had to run the ball, and play very sound on defense, and we did, thankfully, because we where down to stems and seeds at receiver.

all week I thought we had a very good chance to win, I new the weakest part of the cards defense was stopping the run, and we have two very good RB's, my worry was hoping the OL would have a big game run blocking, and at times they did a hell of a job, and our defense had been getting better each game, contain Murry and the run and I felt we stood a good chance, basically all this stuff came to pass, and we led for most of the game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 15:08
go pak go wrote:
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:41

Yup. I was very skeptical.

Why do you think I am so happy today? Last night is literally once in a decade or so performance.

I am trying to think of the last time we won a road game vs an undefeated or even 1 loss/2 loss team after like week 5.

These things just don't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the first time we won vs an undefeated team on the road in my life. Also wouldn't be shocked if it was one or only a handful of times we beat a 1 loss team on the road in my life.

I know we beat the Jets in 2010 and they were 5-1 though that had no real seeding impacts as it was vs a non-NFC opponent.
see I don't look at wins and losses this way that much, on any given Sunday the worst team in the league can beat the very best, fans think it's easy to adjust a game plan mid game, it's not, often a weaker team just has scouted out and read your tendency's to the point that there simply more prepared, thats not so much a slight on the better team, but just acceptance that nothing can be taken for granted, it's why upsets and blowouts are common, in that respect the win/loss column is of little value, what happened last night was special in that we had to run the ball, and play very sound on defense, and we did, thankfully, because we where down to stems and seeds at receiver.

all week I thought we had a very good chance to win, I new the weakest part of the cards defense was stopping the run, and we have two very good RB's, my worry was hoping the OL would have a big game run blocking, and at times they did a hell of a job, and our defense had been getting better each game, contain Murry and the run and I felt we stood a good chance, basically all this stuff came to pass, and we led for most of the game.
But if I can only think of two instances yoop in my lifetime where this did happen (and both were vs AFC opponents week 6...still relatively early) I think the data would show this doesn't happen very often.

I would be curious of other examples we have won vs a premier opponent on the road. Especially when it is vs a premiere NFC opponent.

The only NFC games I can think of is postseason at Atlanta in 2010 and at Dallas in 2016. But none for regular season.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 15:11
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

But if I can only think of two instances yoop in my lifetime where this did happen (and both were vs AFC opponents week 6...still relatively early) I think the data would show this doesn't happen very often.

I would be curious of other examples we have won vs a premier opponent on the road. Especially when it is vs a premiere NFC opponent.

The only NFC games I can think of is postseason at Atlanta in 2010 and at Dallas in 2016. But none for regular season.
I guess I didn't understand your question, what is the average for teams to beat undefeated teams as we did last night, and why is that something that you seem to think is important? :lol:

my point is that we havn't beaten teams with records better then us because usually we are the team with the better record, I mean for 28 plus years anyway :rotf: actually 2nd best team in that time frame.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Anyone have opinions about who we should root for in the Minny-Dallas game?

If Minnesota loss would give us a 3-game lead in the division at 7-1 to 4-4, but would keep an NFC 1-loss team at one loss.

If Dallas loses, we push the Cowboys down the seeding pecking order with overall record, conference record, and common games record; but Minnesota at 5-3 is actually still a little too close for comfort.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 15:53
Anyone have opinions about who we should root for in the Minny-Dallas game?

If Minnesota loss would give us a 3-game lead in the division at 7-1 to 4-4, but would keep an NFC 1-loss team at one loss.

If Dallas loses, we push the Cowboys down the seeding pecking order with overall record, conference record, and common games record; but Minnesota at 5-3 is actually still a little too close for comfort.
I have been thinking a lot about this too.

I am leaning Dallas because we can seal our fate faster. A DAL loss to MN would likely give us the tiebreaker of commen opponent if we can beat MN. The risk is if MN gets on a run and then beats us...the division is more in trouble.

Sounds like Dak may not suit up Sunday or at the least will be limited. That would probably be my favorite outcome.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, I think our team is going to win a lot of games and win the division. I have confidence in that, even.

But for some reason, having a division foe within 2 games when we haven't played them yet doesn't sit well with me.

And since I personally hate the Cowboys and Vikings near evenly, there's no emotional tie breaker.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Uh oh, da Bears will be without the head coach Matt Nagy (COVID), so they have a chance at winning :mrgreen:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Oct 2021 09:37
Uh oh, da Bears will be without the head coach Matt Nagy (COVID), so they have a chance at winning :mrgreen:
With Pederson flaming out after a hot start and Nagy being garbage... plus the Chiefs playing hella inconsistently, do we think the window has closed on Bienemy being the hot coaching season name this year?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

:munch:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 16:47
Yeah, I think our team is going to win a lot of games and win the division. I have confidence in that, even.

But for some reason, having a division foe within 2 games when we haven't played them yet doesn't sit well with me.

And since I personally hate the Cowboys and Vikings near evenly, there's no emotional tie breaker.
Way too early to pull for rivals for me. I’l be pulling for Dallas, trusting they will stumble along the way in due time down the road.

Plus if we have to go to Jerry world, we love doing that.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm not all too surprised what we are seeing in KC.

They had a cheap QB who they were able to load stars around. Their offensive production was eerily similar to the 2015 - 2017 Packers. Lots of running around, hoping for the broken play and then make a miracle.

Every time I watched the Chiefs last year it seemed they would get into 3rd and 14 and then Mahommes runs around long enough to finally find a guy who finds a gap.

As time goes on, the Chiefs have to start paying players. I was a little surprised the decline happened this early because they are able to defer a lot of cap hit, but at the same time teams are figuring out how to stop the Chiefs like they figured out how to stop the Packers.

Add to that a fan base who got very spoiled very quick and I can see the frustration mounting. Again, because we lived it here. Finally, you have the Mahommes family who seems to be quite a mess...it doesn't seem to be a very good place to be.

Still, they have serious play makers, a loud stadium and can turn it around at any time. Just hope it doesn't happen next Sunday.
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 15:44
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I guess I didn't understand your question, what is the average for teams to beat undefeated teams as we did last night, and why is that something that you seem to think is important? :lol:

my point is that we havn't beaten teams with records better then us because usually we are the team with the better record, I mean for 28 plus years anyway :rotf: actually 2nd best team in that time frame.
That says more than anything. Second best team for wins in 28 years and 2 Super Bowls to show for it. At least I know why my team hasn't won one in the last 28 years. The Giants have the same number. The Bucs have the same number. If I had the second-best team in wins over 28 years and only 2 Super Bowl wins I'd be pissed. (I am because my team has none, but that's not the discussion here)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Oct 2021 10:55

That says more than anything. Second best team for wins in 28 years and 2 Super Bowls to show for it. At least I know why my team hasn't won one in the last 28 years. The Giants have the same number. The Bucs have the same number. If I had the second-best team in wins over 28 years and only 2 Super Bowl wins I'd be pissed. (I am because my team has none, but that's not the discussion here)
I mean I think it's pretty obvious perusing this board that Packers fans are by and large pissed. :lol:

We either always have that one team better than us in the conference or we get upset at Lambeau when we are the best team in the conference.

January is a dark month.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

It's been disappointing, starting with Super Bowl 32 (with the only exception being 2010).

But then again, it's been a blast backing the Pack starting with the 10-6 Majik season.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly I'm just sad for Favre and Rodgers that neither has the second ring that really absolves great QBs of the monkey of pressure to win more rings.

Individual playoff losses have broken my heart, but by and large, I am not even remotely frustrated to be a Packers fan these last 30 years. I love it. I'm stoked to have 2 Super Bowl wins in my viewing lifetime. I'm grateful to watch a team that essentially competes well in their games ever year. I love how rare it is for me to watch my team embarrass themselves so thoroughly I want to avoid football coverage for the week.

I can't think of a team I'd rather be a fan of. Sure, the Pats got more wins, but I hate their culture and New Englanders are the worst. I'm the happiest fan.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

54197442-17A5-4CC4-B4E5-A181A8D3D7F0.jpeg
54197442-17A5-4CC4-B4E5-A181A8D3D7F0.jpeg (391.4 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

please spare all of us your convoluted BS Raptor, you made it to the dance 4 times and never left with the slippers, you folded in all 4 of those games, and a couple of those teams where loaded to the hilt with talent and PB and all pro players.

what the Packers have accomplished the last 3 decades is un heard of in the NFL, even NE has not dominated for 3 decades.

why anyone (including you with your team) wouldn't be proud of these accomplishments simply based on whether ya won SB's or not is rediculous to me, a whole lot of good luck has to happen to win SB's, almost every season GB has been good enough to win this division and went to the play offs.

sure I'am upset that the FO while obviously doing a good was not good enough stocking the team with quality second level support, so when injury took out a starter his backup most of the time was a player with very little NFL experience, that seems to have changed now with Guty, at least Guty is looking for solutions, and realizes that there are limits with D&D if the goal is to win NOW versus constantly developing for the future.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Go 49ers.

Go Cowboys.

Loins? :rotf:

---

NFC North always comes first. Until AR puts on that NFC North Champions hat.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2021 11:05
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

please spare all of us your convoluted BS Raptor, you made it to the dance 4 times and never left with the slippers, you folded in all 4 of those games, and a couple of those teams where loaded to the hilt with talent and PB and all pro players.

what the Packers have accomplished the last 3 decades is un heard of in the NFL, even NE has not dominated for 3 decades.

why anyone (including you with your team) wouldn't be proud of these accomplishments simply based on whether ya won SB's or not is rediculous to me, a whole lot of good luck has to happen to win SB's, almost every season GB has been good enough to win this division and went to the play offs.

sure I'am upset that the FO while obviously doing a good was not good enough stocking the team with quality second level support, so when injury took out a starter his backup most of the time was a player with very little NFL experience, that seems to have changed now with Guty, at least Guty is looking for solutions, and realizes that there are limits with D&D if the goal is to win NOW versus constantly developing for the future.
Let me paraphrase just about every Packer fan over the last 45 years when I talk about my Vikings from the 70's. "Winning doesn't mean sh*t if you don't win the big game."

Tampa has just as many Super Bowls in the same time frame. Pittsburgh. Dallas has more. Giants. Denver, Baltimore. What's more impressive, a team that wins all the time yet falters in the playoffs or one that has a losing record over time and wins the big game occasionally? The fact is Green Bay has been blessed with two HOFs qb's over the last 30 years and has squandered away Super Bowl because they can't put a decent defense together.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
31 Oct 2021 12:10
Winning doesn't mean sh*t if you don't win the big game."
never heard a Packer fan spout such stupidity, but I'll take your word for it, there are a lot of moronic Packer fans, mostly I think because there simply are much more Packer fans in the nfl then other team fans, so the law of averages wins out, I suppose for every 100 Packer fans with Brains there will be 1 or 2 without any :lol: whatever, I doubt even a lowly Vicker fan like you would agree with that non sense though.

we do agree with the aspect that the Packer FO didn't stock the defense well enough over the last 10 years to support a pretty good offense ( minus receivers) even though with Rodgers we still had the #1 offense last year
SB wins isn't the end all when grading NFL teams, that is such a polarized and narrow minded point of view.