Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
29 Nov 2023 12:43
Ok, my last thing on this unless something new happens.

Would be hilarious if Rodgers actually plays and ends up taking the Comeback POY award (or at least a few votes) from Damar Hamlin. Buffalo fans would kill Rodgers next year.
Dont you have to play to win Comeback Player. Hamlin hasnt done &%$@. Should be Gary.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

That would be really funny if this was a miracle of science that Rodgers healed quicker than any other NFL player in history from this injury, only to find out that some of the products he used to get back so quickly are made by Pfizer.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Nov 2023 12:50
paco wrote:
29 Nov 2023 12:43
Ok, my last thing on this unless something new happens.

Would be hilarious if Rodgers actually plays and ends up taking the Comeback POY award (or at least a few votes) from Damar Hamlin. Buffalo fans would kill Rodgers next year.
Dont you have to play to win Comeback Player. Hamlin hasnt done &%$@. Should be Gary.
He's played, sort of. Got a tackle in week 10 and 12.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Nov 2023 12:54
That would be really funny if this was a miracle of science that Rodgers healed quicker than any other NFL player in history from this injury, only to find out that some of the products he used to get back so quickly are made by Pfizer.
Id be willing to bet the products he used were made by a shaman in the Amazon, a mermaid from Atlantis, and the pussy juice from a witch who lives deep in the Northwestern forests.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I doubt anyone here took Rodgers seriously with a comeback this season, but it sure inspired Jets players and Jets fans to have a no quit player like him, when was the last time they had a never giver upper?
besides what else do those fans have to talk about, or the players to be inspired about?

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Acrobat wrote:
The miracle would be pfizer making anything that actually helped recently LOL

But I doubt he's looking to pharmaceuticals to help him heal his heel.

This time line is crazy. I always say you can't beat physiology, but even if all he does is come back to practice and jog around and throw passes, he's beaten physiology. And I have zero doubt it was torn. I have lots of doubt he plays.

and last note, I'm glad Hamlin didn't die, but has he played? I"ve only tuned in to Bills games a couple times and he's never been suited. I can't give a comeback player of the year for that, even if it is a nice story.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

musclestang wrote:
29 Nov 2023 14:17
Acrobat wrote:
The miracle would be pfizer making anything that actually helped recently LOL

But I doubt he's looking to pharmaceuticals to help him heal his heel.

This time line is crazy. I always say you can't beat physiology, but even if all he does is come back to practice and jog around and throw passes, he's beaten physiology. And I have zero doubt it was torn. I have lots of doubt he plays.

and last note, I'm glad Hamlin didn't die, but has he played? I"ve only tuned in to Bills games a couple times and he's never been suited. I can't give a comeback player of the year for that, even if it is a nice story.
As I said, Hamlin has played. I don't know how many snaps, but he recorded a tackle in 2 games.

Doesn't matter, who in their right mind is going to give it to anyone else? Negative backlash like that is only wanted by Skip.
RIP JustJeff

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Lots of people in their right mind would vote for someone else, like Gary perhaps, who fits the bill perfectly. had a season ended with a fairly significant injury, came back pretty quickly for this season, quicker than many had guessed and has been a wrecking ball out there on defense. Perfect candidate.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Nov 2023 11:40
Soooooo…. at what point do the Packers investigate if the Jets exaggerated Rodgers injury so he wouldn’t play 65% of the snaps?
The investigation would be the quickest ever.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

found this informative from ESPN

didn't see Gary's name, possibly not enough snaps

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/383 ... teams#pbwr

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hmmm... GB?

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Probably his old team: :eagles:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jets weren’t officially donezo until very recently. They had a lot of hope after they beat the eagles. No way they would stick with Wilson just to avoid giving us the 1 if 12 was really healthy lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the NO FUN LEAGUE at it again.
they demand No excessive celebration, if we can't fine you, we'll strip your credentials, nice to see the player stand up for this young man.

Tyreek Hill says he will take care of a videographer who had his game credentials revoked by the NFL following the Miami Dolphins wide receiver's backflip celebration in Week 6.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tyreek-hill-to ... 07985.html

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
01 Dec 2023 06:29
they demand No excessive celebration, if we can't fine you, we'll strip your credentials, nice to see the player stand up for this young man.

Tyreek Hill says he will take care of a videographer who had his game credentials revoked by the NFL following the Miami Dolphins wide receiver's backflip celebration in Week 6.

I saw that. Such a petty move by the league.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
01 Dec 2023 06:29

Agreed. This is garbage from the league.

Bring back celebrations. I used to love seeing what TO or Chad Johnson was going to do next. It was more fun to watch the game when you see the players have fun and talk their &%$@.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I know a lot of ol farts like me dis like the show boating, I admit sometimes it's a distraction, but Hill doing a back flip with that boys cell phone wasn't, and over all, player celebrations are stuff fans enjoy, keeps them in tune with the stars of the game, even the stuff like the wandy Moss magic marker thing was funny although not for us so much..

lousy officiating like that debacle last night is far more harmful to this league then Hill or some other star doing a celebratory dance or back flip, the NFL is so out of touch with the fans these days.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I do like some of the celebratory, get the fans into it after score type plays. I hate the look at me I made a tackle or caught a pass stuff.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Let the teams regulate celebrations. Not the League.

If the coach gets concerned of injury risk or taking too much time...let the team handle it. The league does a poor job of regulating stuff.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

musclestang wrote:
01 Dec 2023 08:39
I hate the look at me I made a tackle or caught a pass stuff.
I loved James Thrash, haha, always pointing at the sky (to GAWD, I would presume) as a celebration for literally anything.

Every. Single. Time. I once saw him do that after catching, like, a two-yard pass with zero YAC. Gotta respect the devotion.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto