General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 14:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 14:13
HE IS NOT THE #33 RATED DEFENSIVE PLAYER!!!

#33 simply refers to how many total tackles he has in a list of all players with tackles...
No I don't think that's true. I am curious what the ranking actually is. But if it was ranked by total tackles, it would then go 1, 2, 3, 4,....because it is already sorted by tackle number.

Like I said I don't know how it's calculated. Also interesting that Bobby Wagner is #11 here for ILBs but last week Bobby Wagner was the most impactful and important defensive player in the NFL. ;)

image.png
thanks GPG, I'am becoming frustrated with this argument, I admit I don't understand this grading either, I just know that Queen has played better then some opinions here and obviously that crappy PFF grade

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

As I said, not a rating, simply a sorted list ranking:
The numbers change correctly on the left with everything other total tackles, assists, and solo tackles. It's a programming error. Nothing more.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2020 14:32
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 14:13
HE IS NOT THE #33 RATED DEFENSIVE PLAYER!!!

#33 simply refers to how many total tackles he has in a list of all players with tackles...
No I don't think that's true. I am curious what the ranking actually is. But if it was ranked by total tackles, it would then go 1, 2, 3, 4,....because it is already sorted by tackle number.

Like I said I don't know how it's calculated. Also interesting that Bobby Wagner is #11 here for ILBs but last week Bobby Wagner was the most impactful and important defensive player in the NFL. ;)

image.png
thanks GPG, I'am becoming frustrated with this argument, I admit I don't understand this grading either, I just know that Queen has played better then some opinions here and obviously that crappy PFF grade
I just posed the question of how the ranking worked.

Packfn23 proved to me he was in fact correct. It is by solo tackle and the ranking is simply based on solo tackles.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

nope, it is how they are graded after 13 games, and based on all techniques, Smith is still number one, and not because of tackles, he has a better pd grade.

whatever, this really doesn't mean &%$@, the point is that Queen is ranked in the top 40 or so of defensive defenders as a rookie, on a complicated defense, and about the only thing he's really struggled with is pass coverage, which most rookie ILBs do, sure compared to some vets ya could say he has not played well, against other late first round Rookies I'd think he's about average.

once we passed on moving up for the probable (maybe :lol:) ROY (JJ) we should have scarfed up Queen as soon as we got on the clock, done deal, under Pettine though we may have turned Queen into another Oren Burks, etc. who knows.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2020 15:43

once we passed on moving up for the probable (maybe :lol:) ROY (JJ) we should have scarfed up Queen as soon as we got on the clock, done deal, under Pettine though we may have turned Queen into another Oren Burks, etc. who knows.
Maybe yeah.

I mean that's what I was hoping for. It didn't happen. I was super pissed. Now I'm excited we are 10-3. Going for a #1 seed and hopefully Aaron goes and gets us another ring. :woohoo:

And I hope Jordan some time down the line makes me love the Packers as much as Aaron and Favre did. Because my goodness have we had some fun years.
Last edited by go pak go on 16 Dec 2020 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

the point is that Queen is ranked in the top 40 or so of defensive defenders as a rookie
Queen is top 40 in tackles, nothing more.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 15:23
Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2020 14:32
go pak go wrote:

image.png
I just posed the question of how the ranking worked.

Packfn23 proved to me he was in fact correct. It is by solo tackle and the ranking is simply based on solo tackles.
well then disregard my post, he has not proved it to me, I thanked you for posting the stats as they are listed and total tackles or solo tackles do not seem to be the only way thats ranked, and as I just finished posting being slotted 30th or 40th doesn't mean Queen has not played so poorly for a rookie, you guys are just splitting straws now.

KIrksey is a seasoned vet, who played very well his first few seasons, he aught to get 7 tackles a game, and still can for a 3 game stretch, however he's band aids for 3 games after that, and he's probably even worse then rookie Queen in coverage, hell I bet Barnes and even Martin are as good.

I don't know how anyone can defend this stuff, maybe ya aren't, but since u's wear these Green and Rosy sun glasses u possibly have a hard time dealing with the reality's of this particuler situation, it's like looking at a forest and ONLY seeing the tree's :rotf:

we gotta shore this situation up, I'am thinking Barnes, Martin, and Scott, and Kirksey can go play cards with Love, keep him company on the pine. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 15:59
the point is that Queen is ranked in the top 40 or so of defensive defenders as a rookie
Queen is top 40 in tackles, nothing more.
so then 6 t for loss, two forced fumbles, 2 sacks, 2 PD's only matter for other players, and he's probably got a few pass pressures as well, your on a agenda drive here to put this kid down, you know dang well he's about as good as most rookie ILBs to come out, unless there college tech was coverage they will struggle to pick it up right away here.

now come on get the last word in.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He isn't top 40 in tackles for loss, sacks, passes defended, or pressures. He is in forced fumbles.

No agenda what so ever. Simply relaying reality. Patrick Queen has had a fairly poor year as a starting ILB. Nothing more.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:28
He isn't top 40 in tackles for loss, sacks, passes defended, or pressures. He is in forced fumbles.

No agenda what so ever. Simply relaying reality. Patrick Queen has had a fairly poor year as a starting ILB. Nothing more.
keep digging China is getting closer with each post

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ ... r-week-10/

right in the running with Chinn as well a month back, seems like a couple crap coverage games has hurt Queen

https://theriotreport.com/jeremy-chinn- ... -the-year/

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

In 2019 the Ravens were 14-2, # 1 seed in the playoffs and had the number 3 defense in the league
They added Patrick Queen and their record plummeted to 8-5 and their defense dropped to # 5 giving up more points / game than in 2019

It seems rather obvious that drafting Patrick Queen is the worst thing that ever happened to the Ravens :mrgreen:
IT. IS. TIME

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2020 17:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:28

keep digging China is getting closer with each post

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ ... r-week-10/

right in the running with Chinn as well a month back, seems like a couple crap coverage games has hurt Queen

https://theriotreport.com/jeremy-chinn- ... -the-year/
Who cares about Queen, he's not playing here ? And if I'm not mistaken, your the same guy who said the Packers special teams were improving. Since then they've given up another punt return for a TD and had a long kickoff return against them and to top it off, missed another extra point.
So you're opinion on Queen should be taken with a grain of salt.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

“Christo” wrote: Who cares about Queen...
That about sums it up. Can we please, PUH-LEASE move on now?!?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Mar 2020 11:30
Just to be fair, this is 2021:

I mean how awesome and easy was that?!!! I snipped the spotrac table, uploaded it with the imgur button and posted! Took 45 seconds!
Matt Ryan..lol
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Lessons learned from the Tampa game. The dirty work gettin' done...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Don't think it's been mentioned on here but the Packers did sign draft crush from a few years ago (3rd day) Patrick Taylor, RB from Kentucky on the Practice squad.

First Practice Squad signing I have been excited about in a while.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
18 Dec 2020 12:57
Don't think it's been mentioned on here but the Packers did sign draft crush from a few years ago (3rd day) Patrick Taylor, RB from Kentucky on the Practice squad.

Wasn't he from this past year and hasn't he been on the PS/IR list this year? Another powerish back, right?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Dec 2020 12:59
go pak go wrote:

Wasn't he from this past year and hasn't he been on the PS/IR list this year? Another powerish back, right?
Yes, he's a big boy. About 220. Played at Memphis.

https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/05/12 ... ck-taylor/

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Dec 2020 12:59
go pak go wrote:

Yeah you're right. Wonder why his highlight films didn't feature 2019 when I looked him up.

But yes you are right.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
18 Dec 2020 14:05
Yeah you're right. Wonder why his highlight films didn't feature 2019 when I looked him up.

But yes you are right.
I do remember you liking him, though.

April was a long, long time ago :lol: