Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 13:33
James Jones with an interesting interview on the Herd right now. Says it’s absolutely fixable, says he talks to 12 all the time, says it’s not about Gutey getting fired, says it’s more about who has been pushed out of the building, than who has been drafted.

Maybe Murphy is actually enemy #1

I think Rodgers just trotted Jones out there to wink at the packers and say “you know what this is about, fix it and you’ll see him at camp”
It's gonna be really weird to see some July news articles saying:

Packers agree to two year deal with Jordy Nelson
Packers agree to terms with Jake Kumerow

Packers remove all history and memories of Greg Jennings and Jermicheal Finley from Cliff Christle's journals.
Last edited by go pak go on 08 Jun 2021 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
James Jones with an interesting interview on the Herd right now. Says it’s absolutely fixable, says he talks to 12 all the time, says it’s not about Gutey getting fired, says it’s more about who has been pushed out of the building, than who has been drafted.

I think Rodgers just trotted Jones out there to wink at the packers and say “you know what this is about, fix it and you’ll see him at camp”
That's very interesting; I'll have to find that later, thanks. I wonder, though, what he means by being pushed out... if it's still free agent players or assistant coaches, I'm still not sure we're dealing with a Murphy issue.

I mean, it's not like AR is upset that TT resigned shortly before passing and MM got fired, which would be more Murphy-level

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
08 Jun 2021 13:48
NCF wrote:
08 Jun 2021 13:34
Who has been pushed out of the building?
not sure, but here are a few candidates, some of whom were good friends.
Jordy Nelson, Corey Linsley, Brian Bulaga, TJ Lang, Eddie Lacy, some dude named Kumerow
Don't forget Tim Boyle! Rodgers said having TBLS in the room made playing more fun again. Which would then just be a roundabout way of still making it about Love without it being about Love getting drafted, rather it being about TBLS not being retained.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jun 2021 13:52
Drj820 wrote:

That's very interesting; I'll have to find that later, thanks. I wonder, though, what he means by being pushed out... if it's still free agent players or assistant coaches, I'm still not sure we're dealing with a Murphy issue.

I mean, it's not like AR is upset that TT resigned shortly before passing and MM got fired, which would be more Murphy-level
So, Mr. Jones, if it is absolutely fixable, how does that go about happening? Do the Packers need to bring the pushed out guys back through the door? I don't understand what needs to happen to fix it.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:

I think Aaron knew the full optics going into this and what it would look like. Why I long have thought this isn't really about him and his contract, maybe that is on top of the resounding issue. But I think he thinks he is moreorless standing up for everyone else in the organization he thinks may have been treated unfairly. Could just be a pattern he doesn't agree with, maybe like cutting Kumerow and others by text and being less than sympathetic or very informal, getting rid of some ball boy, not taking care of other staff, coaches, scouts, players etc. And perhaps he finds himself in that main cycle and is simply trying to draw light on it to help improve the situation for all employees, players and staff. At least that is what makes most sense to me, just really doubt this is only about him and his situation in a vacuum.

[mention]Bogey[/mention], how does the Packer brass treat you? :lol:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 14:21

@Bogey, how does the Packer brass treat you? :lol:

"Packers brass treats everybody the same...like dogs !"

IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I think Aaron knew the full optics going into this and what it would look like. Why I long have thought this isn't really about him and his contract, maybe that is on top of the resounding issue. But I think he thinks he is moreorless standing up for everyone else in the organization he thinks may have been treated unfairly. Could just be a pattern he doesn't agree with, maybe like cutting Kumerow and others by text and being less than sympathetic or very informal, getting rid of some ball boy, not taking care of other staff, coaches, scouts, players etc. And perhaps he finds himself in that main cycle and is simply trying to draw light on it to help improve the situation for all employees, players and staff. At least that is what makes most sense to me, just really doubt this is only about him and his situation in a vacuum.

That's too stupid to be accurate. Like, if that's it, an apology and a few steps to improve in the future and this would have been over after one encounter.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
08 Jun 2021 14:29
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

That's too stupid to be accurate. Like, if that's it, an apology and a few steps to improve in the future and this would have been over after one encounter.
It's why none of this makes sense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:

like to see what actuallu Jones said, pushed out of the building is way over the top, being informed your no longer with the team from a media or a text message is still bad enough, having a QB traded up for in the first without a heads up is bad enough too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We may think it’s dumb and makes no sense, but listen to the Jones interview, then listen to AJ Hawk on Mcafee, and Rodgers own words with Kenny Mayne. They all say it’s not about the money, it’s about relationships. Today we get the news that Aaron is not demanding Gutey be fired. Either something has happened we don’t know about yet, or Rodgers is on a crusade to teach the FO a hard lesson in treating people the right way. I still think in addition to those things Rodgers is trying to prevent their fate from being his fate.

Nevertheless, Jones said he talks to Rodgers “all the time” and said about 100x that it’s fixable. That’s gotta be encouraging news right?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
08 Jun 2021 14:16
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jun 2021 13:52
Drj820 wrote:

So, Mr. Jones, if it is absolutely fixable, how does that go about happening? Do the Packers need to bring the pushed out guys back through the door? I don't understand what needs to happen to fix it.
probably have to get Jeffery Janis to quit selling tires and come back and run some circle routes again :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 14:37
We may think it’s dumb and makes no sense, but listen to the Jones interview, then listen to AJ Hawk on Mcafee, and Rodgers own words with Kenny Mayne. They all say it’s not about the money, it’s about relationships. Today we get the news that Aaron is not demanding Gutey be fired. Either something has happened we don’t know about yet, or Rodgers is on a crusade to teach the FO a hard lesson in treating people the right way. I still think in addition to those things Rodgers is trying to prevent their fate from being his fate.

Nevertheless, Jones said he talks to Rodgers “all the time” and said about 100x that it’s fixable. That’s gotta be encouraging news right?
fo sure, and I'am sure it's about how the FO deals with players, look how all of this has unfolded with affect to Rodgers, the team treats players to much as though there expendable commodity's, and while it's true to a extent that they are, to think players don't or shouldn't resent that is short sighted, everyone resents that, not just players.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I still say this is all about the players having more control. Rodgers and Brady were not happy with the last CBA and made comments about how the NBA does things right. I'm not a player but I hate what has happened with the NBA and if players have more control then the NFL will become unwatchable for me. If not for the Aaron Jones' of the world I would not even care at all.

Or I could be wrong and it is all about the contract...not the money but the guarantees so he ends his career on his terms. Find it funny when just last year he said his job was to play so good that the decision to move on to Love was difficult. He did just that and apparently wants something for it.

I just wish he would have said that this is nothing more than contract negotiations. But instead he gives these esoteric Zen crap answers to create a puzzle and keep the media hounding. If he really cared about his teammates and the fans he would say something to stop the circus.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If the answer to all this is to cut redmon, burks, and the worst of the hundred guards we have...and donate their roster spots to kumerow, James Jones, and jordy...I’m down.

Might could even write their salaries off as a charitable donation

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 15:24
If the answer to all this is to cut redmon, burks, and the worst of the hundred guards we have...and donate their roster spots to kumerow, James Jones, and jordy...I’m down.

Might could even write their salaries off as a charitable donation
Better yet, why not bring them all back as “Quality Control coaches” with assignments to the locker room. Just pay them a few hundred thousand a year to hang out in the locker room and crack jokes with Rodgers so he can take care of his buddies and have them near him...plus he can play the season with a new source of motivation...earning his locker room coaches jordy, James Jones, kumerow, matthews and Julius Peppers a ring.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 16:22
Better yet, why not bring them all back as “Quality Control coaches” with assignments to the locker room. Just pay them a few hundred thousand a year to hang out in the locker room and crack jokes with Rodgers so he can take care of his buddies and have them near him...plus he can play the season with a new source of motivation...earning his locker room coaches jordy, James Jones, kumerow, matthews and Julius Peppers a ring.
Wasn't that why we kept Doug Pederson so long? And brought in Jim McMahon? :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I said I wasn't going to dive back into this. But I'm pretty sure I've figured this all out.

Rodgers is said to be good with all the coaches and players. So MLF, you are good.
James Jones said it isn't about the GM. Gutey, you are good.
It's been said it isn't a contract thing. Russ Ball, you are good.

This can leave only 1 thing. Mark Murphy refused to let Rodgers go down the sledding hill free of charge.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

The way it looks, the likes of Schefter and other media folks are going to be awfully disappointed when this story ends as a big dud and Rodgers shows up for camp.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
Hey BF! Sorry, I just saw this. :lol:

Well, they treat me way better than Aaron. In fact, I got a 25 cent per hour raise last year, so I'm assuming that tapped them out and that's why they can't afford to give Aaron an extension. :rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Acrobat wrote:
09 Jun 2021 10:18
The way it looks, the likes of Schefter and other media folks are going to be awfully disappointed when this story ends as a big dud and Rodgers shows up for camp.
Funny thing is that he can just walk through the door, and since he has said next to nothing publicly, he can simply say this was overblown in the media, and that he skipped minicamp to give Love some snaps he doesn't need.... :idn: