Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:54
Labrev wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:28
It was a pretty weak free agent market for WRs. After Hopkins and OBJ, Lazard was legitimately the next best option.

And the Jets did not pursue Lazard in lieu of the other two, iirc NY also made a play at OBJ, they just lost the argument to BAL (who in retrospect did turn out to be the better landing spot).

Then again there was always Juju, if we are still acting like he's anything but a scrub much less a Lazard upgrade. :mrgreen:
you keep comparing players like Lazard or MVS to Shuster, and neither ever has been him, Shuster had 1400 yrds his 2nd season, and had 933 yrds last year, was hurt the year prior as well as a few games this season in what is the worst offensive production from NE in your lifetime :lol:

when Shuster decided, or the Chiefs screwed up not offering a contract and he went to NE, he sure didn't expect the inept QB play or team decline that happened there this season.

Shuster with Rodgers and Adams would have been a far more explosive combo then Adams, Rodgers, no hands MVS and the stumbling Lazard, of that I have no doubts :box:
What's the deal with your continued chub for JuJu? I see you defending him in thread after thread like he's an adopted son or something...?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
07 Dec 2023 10:39
Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:54
Labrev wrote:
07 Dec 2023 09:28
It was a pretty weak free agent market for WRs. After Hopkins and OBJ, Lazard was legitimately the next best option.

And the Jets did not pursue Lazard in lieu of the other two, iirc NY also made a play at OBJ, they just lost the argument to BAL (who in retrospect did turn out to be the better landing spot).

Then again there was always Juju, if we are still acting like he's anything but a scrub much less a Lazard upgrade. :mrgreen:
you keep comparing players like Lazard or MVS to Shuster, and neither ever has been him, Shuster had 1400 yrds his 2nd season, and had 933 yrds last year, was hurt the year prior as well as a few games this season in what is the worst offensive production from NE in your lifetime :lol:

when Shuster decided, or the Chiefs screwed up not offering a contract and he went to NE, he sure didn't expect the inept QB play or team decline that happened there this season.

Shuster with Rodgers and Adams would have been a far more explosive combo then Adams, Rodgers, no hands MVS and the stumbling Lazard, of that I have no doubts :box:
What's the deal with your continued chub for JuJu? I see you defending him in thread after thread like he's an adopted son or something...?
simple Shuster is better then any receiver Rodgers has had besides Adams for a decade, Labrev is the guy acting like Shuster hasn't been better then MVS, or that KC wanted to dump him because they now have MVS, my point is I doubt MVS had anything to do with Shuster playing else where this season, I think that about somes it us.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

OK 7 years then, Nelson had his greatest season in 2014 with 1500 plus yrds and 12 plus in 2015 and we both know in his prime, and with Rodgers was the best of these two receivers, however Shuster sure hasn't been some scrum either , he had 1400 plus yrds in 2018, over 900 as a rookie in 2017, and health is the biggest reason he hasn't repeated those numbers or at least been at a K for most of his career.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

why bother to post the same thing a second time, you made a point with Jordy, neither of Cobb or whomever that is never did better then Shuster

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2016 Packers, 7 years ago, was Nelson, Adams, and Cobb.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

7 years,

heres the hoot, for years I claimed receivers where the problem, YOU and other s said no, the QB is the problem, and don't give me any BS that you didn't, 4 weeks ago, even less, not saying you, put plenty around here wanted to rake a receiver with the first pick in this coming draft.

there s name for people like that, we shorted Rodgers the tools he needs most and then blame him for the team not doing better, this year with Love proves the QB was never the problem, it was a receiver issue all along.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

7 years,
Um....
image.png
image.png (57.64 KiB) Viewed 428 times

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2023 12:06

7 years,
I just spit water all over my desk!
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Dec 2023 12:49
Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2023 12:06

7 years,
I just spit water all over my desk!
me too now that I've re read what I posted :rotf:

whatever it was a long time, and Shuster would have bee a up grade over anyone cept Adams

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 12:09

7 years,
Um....
image.png
:hide:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So to summarize:

Yoop is mad that Rodgers has had crappy WRs for his last 7 years.

Years 1 - 3 (2016 - 2018) Rodgers had a combination of (at least 3 of) Adams, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Graham

Years 4 - 7 (2019 - 2021) Rodgers had a combination of Adams and then the stooges

Year 7 Rodgers had Cobb, Lazard, and Watson/Doubs

What's funny is the years that Rodgers had the stooges are the years Rodgers played his best ball of his career. And I believe the Packers also went 7-0 when Adams missed the game to injury during the stooges era.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2023 13:25
So to summarize:

Years 1 - 3 (2016 - 2018) Rodgers had a combination of (at least 3 of) Adams, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Graham

Years 4 - 7 (2019 - 2021) Rodgers had a combination of Adams and then the stooges

What's funny is the years that Rodgers had the stooges are the years Rodgers played his best ball of his career. And I believe the Packers also went 7-0 when Adams missed the game to injury during the stooges era.
and they all never amounted to Shusters last season production, and weren't you one of the bunch that 4 or 5 weeks ago wanted to add another receiver in the up coming draft. and bnoth Watson and Doubs could be considered for a part of the problems last season for Rodgers.

we all saw what Rodgers was capable of with a bunch of quality receiver, and we've just seen how good Love can be with em as well, still you and others here defend the BS that went on here for 6 years.

he won MVP because minus Rodgers during those two years this would have been a bottom feeding team, his best is when he had young Jordy, Cobb, GJ and Jones, and later Adams, and the reason we didn't win more SB's with Rodgers is because defense and special teams where terrible for most of his tenure

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2023 13:40
go pak go wrote:
So to summarize:

and they all never amounted to Shusters last season production, and weren't you one of the bunch that 4 or 5 weeks ago wanted to add another receiver in the up coming draft. and bnoth Watson and Doubs could be considered for a part of the problems last season for Rodgers.
I am open to any position in the draft. I want great players in the draft and if that is WR absolutely I want them.

But I will say based on the recent success of our 5 WRs, my "needs lust" of drafting a WR in 2024 has cooled significantly. But if Marvin Harrison Jr is available you draft Harrison Jr becuase he is available.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
What's funny is the years that Rodgers had the stooges are the years Rodgers played his best ball of his career.
Okay, I'm opening the can 'o worms now. Remember the Tweet about five or more 3+TD/0INT games in a season, of which Rodgers had four?

Rodgers had an equal number of 3+TD/0INT games in 2021 as 2011, and he had double the number of them in 2020 as he did in 2011.

:o
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Holy &%$@.

I just laughed soooo friggin' hard...

That Sesame Street Count meme was perfect.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
So to summarize:

The problem is when you get to the playoffs the stooges and scrubs couldnt beat the more physical coverages allowed by DBs. The rules change come the playoffs. DBs get away with more. Ill never get out of my head Lazard getting absolutely bullied by a DB 4 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter. Then teams just went with the 17 bulldog approach and pressed and bracketed Adams and the other bums just couldnt win.

Lets not be disingenuous. Every mock come the offseason was chock full of WRs because we knew we had bums running routes out there from TE and WR.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Its the same story all the time in here. People elevate the bum receivers to discredit the greatness of Rodgers. It was Rodgers that made these bums look competent. The proof of this is when they leave the team, they are lower than pond scum.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 15:00
Its the same story all the time in here. People elevate the bum receivers to discredit the greatness of Rodgers. It was Rodgers that made these bums look competent. The proof of this is when they leave the team, they are lower than pond scum.
But the posters all rejoice when they get paid on the way out screaming, "See I told you theyre good!" Then they get benched and cut early and sent out the league.