Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:58
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:38
I just hope to all good things we don't put him in the slot anymore.

He is clearly far superior to playing outside. Put Jaw in the slot. I know he's expensive but he is also arguably the best slot on the league. It was silly watching Douglas struggle against Beasley in the slot on that first series. He simply got destroyed on that play which would have been a sack had anyone else been covering Beasly because the rush got to Brady so fast.
I don’t want Jaire doing all the run support from the slot though. I do like mixing it up, particularly on like 3rd and longs, but I wanna keep that shoulder healthy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 16:41
Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 16:30
go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:58

I just hope to all good things we don't put him in the slot anymore.

He is clearly far superior to playing outside. Put Jaw in the slot. I know he's expensive but he is also arguably the best slot on the league. It was silly watching Douglas struggle against Beasley in the slot on that first series. He simply got destroyed on that play which would have been a sack had anyone else been covering Beasly because the rush got to Brady so fast.
Alexander= Hayward minus some natural skills, but both are about the same build, the slot was such a heavy load for Hayward that he ended up sharing major snaps with Hyde, a bigger player, I wouldn't want to sacrifice Alexander in a poor fit, If I had to chose I'd leave Rasul there, over all he's played fine inside, he's strong against the run, and giving up 1 completion to Cole Beasly, is a very small sample to go on, somehow your best 3 CB's have to play though.

we are so fortunate to have 3 excellent starters and 2 very good backups with Nixon and St. Charles, I like the ability of having two lock down boundary CB's, it allows the safety's to roam and jump routes, I'am convinced that is when Savage plays his best.
I believe I heard Andy Herman say that Rasul Douglas has allowed a 100% catch rate while playing in the slot. So far the population we have is Jefferson winning in the slot week 1, not playing anything week 2 and Douglas struggling in the slot and excelling on the outside week 3.

Small data set but head turning nonetheless.
Did Herman see these stats? not all that success happened at boundary, Douglas physically fits what we want in the slot, he's big, already has 15 tackles, as good as he is at Boundary he lacks the speed of both Stokes and Alexander to be a lock down CB, this is a great argument to have :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2022 14:41
And still, he isn't talked about in the national media that much.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
29 Sep 2022 15:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2022 14:41
And still, he isn't talked about in the national media that much.
Are we comfortable finally saying he was a better draft pick than Andrew Billings? :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2022 14:17
Can we finally acknowledge Gary was a damn good draft choice?

8-)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This guy is turning into quite the packer.

I believe he is currently the 8th longest tenured Packer. And only losing out to Jaire by a few weeks.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2022 15:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2022 14:17
Can we finally acknowledge Gary was a damn good draft choice?

8-)
This guy knew Gary was a winner, he played for Michigan after all. ;)
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop are those both you?? 8-)

The comments section is gold: https://theathletic.com/1481378/2019/12 ... good-flow/

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

This mentioned yet?

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Sep 2022 10:01

Yoop are those both you?? 8-)

The comments section is gold: https://theathletic.com/1481378/2019/12 ... good-flow/
never heard of cheesehead TV, is that some remote blogger living in his mama's basement in New Glarus Wi.? :lol:

I would have still taken Jeff Simmons with our first pick in that draft class, had 50 plus tackles and 8 sacks last year

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sweet Gary had 47 tackles and 9.5 sacks last year!

And I never knew you wanted Simmons! 8-)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Sep 2022 13:43
Sweet Gary had 47 tackles and 9.5 sacks last year!

And I never knew you wanted Simmons! 8-)
I wanted everyone not named Gary, :idn: the two ILB's, the two TE's, and Simmons, there might have been a few others, it's possible to like more then one or two players ya know.

Gary Career has been slower to blossom, he has 115 tackles as of last week, 19.5 sacks

Simmons was a little quicker to start, has 143 total tackles to date, 15.5 sacks, and the ability to drop into coverage with 14 PD's.

both obviously are great players, I just liked him more, and the position he plays was a deciding factor, we where in a bigger need for a DT then a OLB/DE

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Green Bay Packers have created 35 total explosive plays – defined here as a completed pass of at least 20 yards or a run of at least 10 yards – through four weeks of the 2022 season. The Packers rank tied for second in the NFL in explosive plays, according to tracking from Marcus Mosher.
Explosive play creators
Aaron Jones, 13
Allen Lazard, 4
Romeo Doubs, 4
AJ Dillon, 4
Randall Cobb, 3
Sammy Watkins, 2
Robert Tonyan, 2
Christian Watson, 2
Tyler Davis, 1

Passes of 20+ yards (17 total)
Sammy Watkins, 55-yard catch
Randall Cobb, 40-yard catch
Allen Lazard, 32-yard catch
Allen Lazard, 26-yard catch
Christian Watson, 25-yard catch
Allen Lazard, 24-yard catch
Randall Cobb, 24-yard catch
Sammy Watkins, 24-yard catch
Tyler Davis, 23-yard catch
Robert Tonyan, 23-yard catch
Romeo Doubs, 23-yard catch
Aaron Jones, 22-yard catch
Allen Lazard, 22-yard catch
Romeo Doubs, 21-yard catch
Randall Cobb, 20-yard catch
Romeo Doubs, 20-yard catch
Robert Tonyan, 20-yard catch (TD)

Runs of 10+ yards (18)
Aaron Jones, 36-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 29-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 20-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 18-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 17-yard rush
Christian Watson, 15-yard rush (TD)
Aaron Jones, 15-yard rush (TD)
AJ Dillon, 14-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 14-yard rush
AJ Dillon, 13-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 12-yard rush
AJ Dillon, 11-yard rush
AJ Dillon, 11-yard rush
Romeo Doubs, 11-yard rush
Aaron Jones, 10-yard rush

Passes of 20+ yards by game
Week 1, at MIN: 4
Week 2, vs. CHI: 4
Week 3, at TB: 4
Week 4, vs. NE: 5

Runs of 20+ yards by game
Week 1, at MIN: 5
Week 2, vs. CHI: 5
Week 3, at TB: 1
Week 4, vs. NE: 7
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/1 ... ce=twitter

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I feel like I remembered Eric Wilson needing to play as a backup in MN and actually being impressed.

Unless I'm thinking of someone else?

Probably admittance that Barnes may not return this year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

It’s time to re-evaluate our hopes and expectations of the 2022 Packers. Despite anything that I wrote before this year started I’ll say this much.

I think the Packers might be one of the best sand-bagging teams around. I mean, it seems like they are as sloppy as can be in September, as a norm. Then, they usually do much better in October and that gives them great momentum while they tighten up the disciplines going through December to finish with a good record and probably the NFC North crown.

This year is acting like that. We are so dis-satisfied from our sloppy wins. And we should be. But we are still 3-1.

Our WR corps is showing signs of life, even if Watson isn’t making any difference making catches and Watkins is hurt. Doubs creates a spark. Cobb comes up with critical catches when needed. Lazard is making plays. Tonyan…? We’ll see.

The running game is clearly the strength of our offense and that bodes well for the entire year if we stay healthy.

The ST are showing improvement.

The defense is under-achieving, but still closing out games.

Rodgers isn’t MVP form. But he can clearly still be a difference maker and his experience is a clear advantage.

MLF still makes mistakes with play-calling, but he does so many things right and he clearly motivates his team.

There are so many ways we speak about this team like, “they do this wrong, BUT they also do this right.” Did we turn into the Al Davis Raiders or something?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Oct 2022 16:25
It’s time to re-evaluate our hopes and expectations of the 2022 Packers. Despite anything that I wrote before this year started I’ll say this much.

I think the Packers might be one of the best sand-bagging teams around. I mean, it seems like they are as sloppy as can be in September, as a norm. Then, they usually do much better in October and that gives them great momentum while they tighten up the disciplines going through December to finish with a good record and probably the NFC North crown.

This year is acting like that. We are so dis-satisfied from our sloppy wins. And we should be. But we are still 3-1.

Our WR corps is showing signs of life, even if Watson isn’t making any difference making catches and Watkins is hurt. Doubs creates a spark. Cobb comes up with critical catches when needed. Lazard is making plays. Tonyan…? We’ll see.

The running game is clearly the strength of our offense and that bodes well for the entire year if we stay healthy.

The ST are showing improvement.

The defense is under-achieving, but still closing out games.

Rodgers isn’t MVP form. But he can clearly still be a difference maker and his experience is a clear advantage.

MLF still makes mistakes with play-calling, but he does so many things right and he clearly motivates his team.

There are so many ways we speak about this team like, “they do this wrong, BUT they also do this right.” Did we turn into the Al Davis Raiders or something?
It's Week 5.