General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:17
Follow up today on if the surgery was actually on his knee or his finger. LaFleur would not elaborate and said spilling the beans on the surgery was a mistake and would not discuss it further.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... tner=Yahoo

Florio seems to HATE Rodgers, and also the Packers. But this article brings up something interesting. It was the leagues media entity that reported he was not vaxxed, and also the league media entity that reported the leak about him seeking the alternative treatment. If the source of the leak came from the league, and was spread to the public by the league...

A) we may never see Rodgers again due to him giving them the finger and retiring
B) Wonder if Rodgers has any legal reprise there. Seems like a violation of workers rights if the source of the leak was the same league that also reported it.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 17:45

Florio seems to HATE Rodgers, and also the Packers. But this article brings up something interesting. It was the leagues media entity that reported he was not vaxxed, and also the league media entity that reported the leak about him seeking the alternative treatment. If the source of the leak came from the league, and was spread to the public by the league...

A) we may never see Rodgers again due to him giving them the finger and retiring
B) Wonder if Rodgers has any legal reprise there. Seems like a violation of workers rights if the source of the leak was the same league that also reported it.
Nah. No way. If the league leaks and league media arm were a conflict that mattered, we'd have had 8,000 stories like that by now.

Flori's a lawyer; he just takes a litigious view on everything.

Also, Rodgers being pissed that his status leaked is dumb. It was always going to be obvious once he tested positive. That they bumped it up a couple days is not in any way a tangible harm to anyone.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Nov 2021 18:12
Drj820 wrote:

Nah. No way. If the league leaks and league media arm were a conflict that mattered, we'd have had 8,000 stories like that by now.

Also, Rodgers being pissed that his status leaked is dumb. It was always going to be obvious once he tested positive. That they bumped it up a couple days is not in any way a tangible harm to anyone.
Not unfair, but we are in pretty new territory. Most other leaks from the NFLN would not have anything to do with someone private health status...when it is league policy not to reveal whether someone is vaxxed or not.

You are right that in just a couple days we would all know anyways, but everyone putting 2 and 2 together seems different than the league being responsible for the sharing of information that is in their policy not to share.

So I wonder if there is any recourse for the league breaking their own agreement with the union.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 18:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Not unfair, but we are in pretty new territory. Most other leaks from the NFLN would not have anything to do with someone private health status...when it is league policy not to reveal whether someone is vaxxed or not.

You are right that in just a couple days we would all know anyways, but everyone putting 2 and 2 together seems different than the league being responsible for the sharing of information that is in their policy not to share.

So I wonder if there is any recourse for the league breaking their own agreement with the union.
Wait, wait, wait. Remember when Cousins was sent home and it was leaked that he wasn't vaccinated? Football fans were all like, "What an a$$hole" "Not a team player." "Not how a leader would be.". No one here cared about his rights to privacy. My how things change when it's Rodgers.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Raptorman wrote:
04 Nov 2021 22:20
Wait, wait, wait. Remember when Cousins was sent home and it was leaked that he wasn't vaccinated? Football fans were all like, "What an a$$hole" "Not a team player." "Not how a leader would be.". No one here cared about his rights to privacy. My how things change when it's Rodgers.
If it makes you feel better, I also don't care about Rodgers' privacy rights.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 18:38
YoHoChecko wrote:

I dont really follow the vikings closely but I thought he was asked just like Rodgers and he was just tremendously worse at Lying than Rodgers. I remember him squirming alot and not answering and talking about how it was a personal decision and everyone just assumed.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:

I actually don't think the support for Rodgers is that strong here. I mean once yoop learned the truth, he turned into a guy who would cover up murder for Rodgers into him even saying Rodgers is selfish.

My take is pretty much always been the same on Rodgers. He is exactly who we know he is. We have known this guy intimately for roughly 12 years. (not intimately before that). I just feel everything he has done this year is par for the course of who he is.

And my take? I respect him like crazy as a person. I cheer for him like crazy on Sundays. I love that he is a Packers quarterback. Just go win the game.

I will love to hear about his Packers stories after he leaves GB but probably won't care to hear about his other theories or takes on life outside of just what it takes to be a successful person.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Good news from Benkert. On the mend.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah these throwbacks actually look good.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Didn't we pretty much know that already, since the NFL makes them go 5 years per throwback set?

Fine by me though, those are my favorite throwbacks so far! :aok:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This is a good egg.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Should be in line for quite the home stretch here, 5 of the remaining 8 games are at home.

Yes, 6 of our first 9 games have been on the road.

Matty never lost twice in a row, excited to kick Seattle's ass in a week here, Love or Rodgers.

Seattle
@Minnesota
Rams
Bye
Bears
@Baltimore
Browns
Vikings

@Lions

Rams game possibly biggest game remaining on the schedule for possible tie breakers down the road, assuming we are talking about winning the division.

Baltimore could be a really tough game, but with how our D is playing, gunna be a ton more confident there.

Really thinking 13-4 is a fairly conservative estimate here. 14-3 wouldn't surprise me and be talking #1 seed.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Drayton still employed?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Fun Fact I didn't know.

Erin Andrews said on her podcast she grew up a Packers fan. So that is her favorite team. Obviously now she has to be a professional.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:01
Should be in line for quite the home stretch here, 5 of the remaining 8 games are at home.

Yes, 6 of our first 9 games have been on the road.

Matty never lost twice in a row, excited to kick Seattle's ass in a week here, Love or Rodgers.

Seattle
@Minnesota
Rams
Bye
Bears
@Baltimore
Browns
Vikings

@Lions

Rams game possibly biggest game remaining on the schedule for possible tie breakers down the road, assuming we are talking about winning the division.

Baltimore could be a really tough game, but with how our D is playing, gunna be a ton more confident there.

Really thinking 13-4 is a fairly conservative estimate here. 14-3 wouldn't surprise me and be talking #1 seed.
Yeah conventional wisdom would say we will kind of know what we are entering December. If we pull off these next 3....2 or 3 losses and #1 seed is a very high likelihood.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:21
2 or 3 losses and #1 seed is a very high likelihood.
The last time a #1 seed in the NFC had less than 3 losses was the 2015 Panthers at 15-1.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:28
go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:21
2 or 3 losses and #1 seed is a very high likelihood.
The last time a #1 seed in the NFC had less than 3 losses was the 2015 Panthers at 15-1.
How many times does 4 losses get the #1 seed?

I bet that is quite rare as well.

Without looking into it, I bet the recipe for top seeds is 3 losses and controlling the tie breakers.

Right now, the Packers have the tie breaker over the NFC West (head to head with AZ), NFC South (conference record TB), and I don't know about Dallas. (I would imagine it comes down to Strength of Schedule)
Last edited by go pak go on 08 Nov 2021 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote: