Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I didn't listen to it, this was relayed second-hand on Twitter.

What a lame attempt at questioning my manhood though. If I did listen to that &%$@ I would own up to it and my reasons for it, because I'm not too nutless to defend my beliefs (and compensate by just mocking everyone else).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Labrev wrote:
20 Dec 2022 14:45
I didn't listen to it, this was relayed second-hand on Twitter.

What a lame attempt at questioning my manhood though. If I did listen to that &%$@ I would own up to it and my reasons for it, because I'm not too nutless to defend my beliefs (and compensate by just mocking everyone else).
I am trying to have some fun. Do u remember ur pm u started this with to me? Lighten up Francis.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Annie with her week 15 review… :aok: :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Former Bronco RB Ronnie Hillman died today from a rare form of kidney cancer. Dude was only 31 years old. Man, that’s terrible. An athlete who was likely in the top 1% of his species from a fitness and healthy living standpoint and he’s gone. Meanwhile crackheads and gluttons live to be 90. Hard to figure.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
18 Dec 2022 11:46
Raptorman wrote:
17 Dec 2022 18:11
Labrev wrote:
17 Dec 2022 17:12
I don't care what the stats say, if you can't see the way that Brady comes through and makes the play on O when his team needs it most, then I am very sorry for you.

Defense put him in good position plenty if times sure, but in the end it was up to him and his side of the ball to come through on many occasions, and he was hands-frickin-down the best at QB to consistently come through in all those situations. This whole "nah bro it's just the defense"-thing is nothing but Copium at this point.

In truth I would say it was not even Brady + "good defenses." It was: ... GOAT QB + GOAT (D-minded) HC. Period, end of convo.
Yeah, keep believing that.

Games, Game winning Drives, and percentage of games with GWDs

Code: Select all

Player	Games	GW drives	
Brady	331	56	17%
Cousins	134	27	20%
Rodgers	219	30	14%
You can't just straight up divide game-winning drives by games played :thwap: that only works if the opportunity presents itself in each game for the QB to *lead* a game-winning drive. :|

Hazarding a guess, Brady's percentage (using your defective methodology) is probably lower because he didn't NEED to win on the last drive as often....

LOL REPTAR!

Do you know how to beat Brady? Score more than 33 points. He sucks at winning when you score more than 33 points against him.
Ah right, just score 34 points or more against an NFL team (coached by Belichick, no less)—piece of cake! :bkw:

Patriots Dynasty wasn't simply the work of GOAT QB, it was the work the GOAT Head Coach, Belichick, who kept games within reach, and Brady, who was (yes) the GOAT at delivering points in the most high-stakes situational football.

You're not scoring 34 or more on Belichick. You can still beat the Brady-Belichick Patriots, you just need to play smart, sound football to win. See: Green Bay v. New England 2014 (won without scoring 33+).

But he's the GOAT. &%$@, Brady didn't do anything Brock Purdy isn't doing in San Fran right now.
Brady = Purdy ... this $%@# guy. :rotf:
Brady's record in the last two years.

When his defense gave up 19 points or less. He went, 16-2
When his defense gave up 20 points or more, He went 5-12
Every game the Defense gave up more than 32 points, he lost.

Matter of fact, in every game in Tampa that the defense gave up more than 32 points in the last 3 years, he lost. (0-8) Even Cousins is 2-7 in that time period.

But, he's the GOAT.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Dec 2022 02:08

Matter of fact, in every game in Tampa that the defense gave up more than 32 points in the last 3 years, he lost. (0-8) Even Cousins is 2-7 in that time period.

But, he's the GOAT.
Exactly what argument are you attempting to make here? That Cousins is better than Brady at this point in his 47 year career? :dunno:

And if you're going to question GOAT status, you might wanna go further back than the last 3 years.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

QB's that have defenses that often hold opponents to less then 19 pts are better QB's then teams with defenses that can't, or something like that :idn: winning is besides the point :rotf: :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

FWIW, Cousins has had better skill players than most QBs, including Rodgers and Brady, for most of his time in Minny. Not as much in Washington. Most QBs dream of having the skill talent that he has enjoyed. Maybe Rodgers had as much back when he had Nelson, Finley, young Cobb, Jennings, etc.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Raptorman wrote:

But, he's the GOAT.
Yeah, you know what else is true of Brady in the last two/three years?

He was 43, 44, and now 45. He is far, FARRRRR past his prime.

What did the guy do in his prime? Oh, I don't know, seeing as you're so obsessed with points surrendered on defense (which has little to do with his own individual play as a QB), how about..... engineer *the* largest SuperBowl/playoff comeback in NFL History? Imagine trying to discredit that guy based on a few team stats from the twilight years of his career.

The fact he's playing like a viable QB1 at 45 is in-$%@#-credible.

Okay, just one question and I'll let you have the last word on this convo if and only if you answer it ...........

Do you believe the Patriots win SuperBowl LI with Brock Purdy as their starting QB for the whole game?
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 Dec 2022 10:46
Do you believe the Patriots win SuperBowl LI with Brock Purdy as their starting QB for the whole game?
Is this a trick question :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
23 Dec 2022 10:46
Raptorman wrote:

But, he's the GOAT.
Yeah, you know what else is true of Brady in the last two/three years?

He was 43, 44, and now 45. He is far, FARRRRR past his prime.

What did the guy do in his prime? Oh, I don't know, seeing as you're so obsessed with points surrendered on defense (which has little to do with his own individual play as a QB), how about..... engineer *the* largest SuperBowl/playoff comeback in NFL History? Imagine trying to discredit that guy based on a few team stats from the twilight years of his career.

The fact he's playing like a viable QB1 at 45 is $%@#.

Okay, just one question and I'll let you have the last word on this convo if and only if you answer it ...........

Already told you what he did in his prime. It is almost same as it is today. Great wins when his defense play well, average when they don’t.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

From my count, Aaron Rodgers is 3-9 in the postseason when the opponent scores more than 21 points. That's a really low bar honestly. And one of those wins was with the defense scoring with Nick Collins getting a pick 6 in the SB.

All quarterbacks have a really poor record when needing to put up points in January and February.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

<Sees posts in defense of Brady>
Why do you guys keep undermining my irrational hatred of Brady? Just let me hate him in peace!!! It's my right as an American! :swear:

:lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Dec 2022 11:54
Already told you what he did in his prime. It is almost same as it is today. Great wins when his defense play well, average when they don’t.

So do the Patriots win SuperBowl LI with Brock Purdy as their starting QB for the whole game?

You said: "Brady didn't do anything Brock Purdy isn't doing in San Fran right now" (emphasis mine).
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
23 Dec 2022 13:36
Raptorman wrote:

So do the Patriots win SuperBowl LI with Brock Purdy as their starting QB for the whole game?

You said: "Brady didn't do anything Brock Purdy isn't doing in San Fran right now" (emphasis mine).
Brady is a slightly above-average QB when his team gives up 20-31 points, he's average when they give up 32 points or more.

As to your question, which Super Bowl are you talking about? My comment was about the regular season. The fact is, only one QB who has won multiple Super Bowls didn't have top 10 defenses during the regular season. And his name wasn't Brady. 67% of Brady's wins during the regular season came when his defense gave up 19 points or less. And 51% of games he played in the defense held the other team to under 19. No other QB comes close. Not Rodgers, not Montona, who also had great defenses. He just didn't play as long as Brady did.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Dec 2022 14:58
Labrev wrote:
23 Dec 2022 13:36
Raptorman wrote:

Brady is a slightly above-average QB when his team gives up 20-31 points, he's average when they give up 32 points or more.

As to your question, which Super Bowl are you talking about? My comment was about the regular season. The fact is, only one QB who has won multiple Super Bowls didn't have top 10 defenses during the regular season. And his name wasn't Brady. 67% of Brady's wins during the regular season came when his defense gave up 19 points or less. And 51% of games he played in the defense held the other team to under 19. No other QB comes close. Not Rodgers, not Montona, who also had great defenses. He just didn't play as long as Brady did.
Lost in your basic statistical breakdown is the complimentary football aspect.

Brady's consistent and competent play on the offensive side of the ball throughout all those wins allowed the defense to play to Belichick's preferred style of defense. Rarely was Belichick's defense getting gassed or overextended because they fell into big deficits. Brady kept them in pretty much every game. A defense performs a lot better when the offense also does it's job.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

[mention]Raptorman[/mention] SuperBowl LI i.e. the fifty-first SuperBowl, the one where New England beat Atlanta.

Put your money where your mouth is. Does New England win that game with Brock Purdy playing QB the whole game?
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
24 Dec 2022 08:29
@Raptorman SuperBowl LI i.e. the fifty-first SuperBowl, the one where New England beat Atlanta.

Put your money where your mouth is. Does New England win that game with Brock Purdy playing QB the whole game?
With Matt Ryan as the opposing QB, anything is possible... ;)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scrubs don’t stumble into 7 super bowls. Certainly 1, possibly 2…not 7. Raptors point is assanine.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
24 Dec 2022 08:33
Labrev wrote:
24 Dec 2022 08:29
@Raptorman SuperBowl LI i.e. the fifty-first SuperBowl, the one where New England beat Atlanta.

With Matt Ryan as the opposing QB, anything is possible... ;)
That's actually kind of a fun thought, because if we accept that line of thinking, then it would have to follow that Minny didn't do anything impressive in breaking the comeback record against Indy, either—Kurd Corsin didn't do anything Brock Purdy wouldn't have done. 8-)

(For the slow ones, I don't actually believe that; I'm just exploring that thought hypothetically).
—Magneto