Training Camp 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 19:43
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Aug 2022 18:54
What should I be looking for on Thursday at Training Camp? Love's passing accuracy? WR separation? Offensive line blocking?

Certainly not going to worry about the defenses ability to make plays, shove the offensive line around, etc.

Thoughts?
A Ringo scouting report of Love at practice would be cool
I'll do my best to provide some feedback on Jordan Love.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 09:05
Maybe the occasional play action backside drag post plays, but probably less shots up the sideline just trusting your WR to win.
Although

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 22:31
BF004 wrote:
Maybe the occasional play action backside drag post plays, but probably less shots up the sideline just trusting your WR to win.
Although

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?Pl ... tYear=2022
Doubs didn't run a 40 due to the knee injury, but I think it is safe to say he runs faster than a projected 4.52...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Although

Against Stokes?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Aug 2022 23:19
Against Stokes?
Correct.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Aug 2022 23:19
BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Although

Against Stokes?
And from Aaron himself.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

hilarious nickname
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2022 11:40
1-on-1s
For the first time in camp, wide receivers and tight ends matched up one on one against cornerbacks and safeties. Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love were the quarterbacks for the drill; they alternated, making four throws apiece with Rodgers taking the 25th and final throw. Below is what happened in each of the 25 reps. (My apologies for some notes having less detail than others. It’s hard to keep up since the drill moves so quickly!)

CB Eric Stokes vs. WR Romeo Doubs: Stokes appears to commit a blatant defensive pass interference penalty by making contact with Doubs early on a slant.

CB Rico Gafford vs. WR Allen Lazard: Rodgers throws a perfect back-shoulder pass down the left sideline that Lazard corrals before touching both feet inbounds.

CB Rasul Douglas vs. WR Randall Cobb: Cobb runs somewhat of a “sluggo” route, getting inside leverage on Douglas before darting upfield and hauling in a lofted ball from Rodgers.

S Vernon Scott vs. TE Josiah Deguara: Deguara wins the rep as pass-catchers go 4-for-4 (if you count Doubs drawing a DPI against Stokes a win) in the first set of reps with Rodgers.

CB Kiondre Thomas vs. WR Sammy Watkins: Watkins cooks Thomas on a slant before Love easily connects with him.

CB Kabion Ento vs. WR Danny Davis: Davis beats Ento on a comeback route and makes the catch.

S Darnell Savage Jr. vs. WR Amari Rodgers: Rodgers wins on a slant and makes the catch.

S Shawn Davis vs. TE Tyler Davis: Tyler runs a corner route and makes the initial catch, but both he and Shawn have hands on it at the same time for a couple seconds before Shawn pries it loose. No catch.

CB Donte Vaughn vs. WR Juwann Winfree: Winfree creates separation on a curl route, but Vaughn recovers nicely for a pass breakup.

Gafford vs. WR Ishmael Hyman: Rodgers throws it too deep for Hyman on a go route.

S Dallin Leavitt vs. TE Dominique Dafney: Dafney beats Leavitt on a dig route and makes the catch.

CB Shemar Jean-Charles vs. WR Samori Toure: Toure beats Jean-Charles and hauls in a nice touch pass from Rodgers.

Stokes vs. Doubs: Stokes covers well and a go ball is thrown too far by Love. There’s contact, but seemingly not enough to warrant a DPI call.

S Innis Gaines vs. Amari Rodgers: Rodgers stutter-steps before running a go. He gets separation, but Love underthrows him and Gaines breaks up the pass.

S Tariq Carpenter vs. TE Alizé Mack: Mack beats Carpenter on a slant and makes the catch.

Ento vs. WR Osirus Mitchell: Great back shoulder throw from Love and Mitchell makes the catch down the left sideline.

Gafford vs. Lazard: Lazard makes a catch after a quick slant.

Leavitt vs. TE Sal Cannella: Cannella gets plenty of separation on a curl and catches the Rodgers pass.

Thomas vs. Watkins: The pass falls incomplete after Watkins slips on either a curl or dig route.

Douglas vs. Cobb: Cobb wins on a slant and makes the catch.

Jean-Charles vs. Winfree: Winfree wins on an out route and makes the catch before losing Jean-Charles as he turns upfield.

Gaines vs. Toure: Another good coverage rep from Gaines after a stutter-and-go from Toure.

Savage vs. Deguara: Deguara wins again.

Gafford vs. Danny Davis: Davis wins on a dig route and makes the catch.

Stokes vs. Doubs: Doubs burns Stokes on a go route down the right sideline and hauls in a TD on a great throw from Rodgers. Stokes throws his helmet down and Doubs gets a celebratory jumping chest bump from fellow rookie wideout Christian Watson.

Cornerback Jaire Alexander didn’t participate in one-on-ones or team drills Tuesday, but the Packers said his absence wasn’t injury-related.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really excited to watch Zach Tom in Preseason games.

I am also hoping Sean Rhyan shows out and starts to make the coaches consider him the starter at RG.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

That means it’s time to boost the asset come trade SZN

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Sounds like Clements's coaching has worked wonders for Love.
https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 224200002/

And according to the above piece, Rodgers's recco got them to bring Clements back:
“I mentioned that to Matt, you know after the season … if he wants to bring in somebody to teach fundamentals the right way, every single day, then Tom’s the guy,” Rodgers said.

"(...) if you want to be accurate in this league, you got to throw the ball in rhythm and on balance. And I think for the first time there's the right amount of emphasis on those fundamentals.”
So it seems they actually hired Clements more for Jordan than for Aaron.

WILD to think that a small piece of advice from Rodgers to MLF might have dramatically changed Love's career trajectory (and may even end Rodgers's tenure here). :shock:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
03 Aug 2022 23:50

And according to the above piece, Rodgers's recco got them to bring Clements back:
“I mentioned that to Matt, you know after the season … if he wants to bring in somebody to teach fundamentals the right way, every single day, then Tom’s the guy,” Rodgers said.

"(...) if you want to be accurate in this league, you got to throw the ball in rhythm and on balance. And I think for the first time there's the right amount of emphasis on those fundamentals.”

WILD to think that a small piece of advice from Rodgers to MLF might have dramatically changed Love's career trajectory (and may even end Rodgers's tenure here). :shock:
Also maybe even a subtle dig at how Love was being developed before. Guess fundamentals weren’t a priority?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 01:39
Labrev wrote:

Also maybe even a subtle dig at how Love was being developed before. Guess fundamentals weren’t a priority?
Sorta hard to believe that Luke Getsy would've been a bad QBs coach, considering his quick progression through the ranks. But he did go to da Bears, so hopefully he sucks. :mrgreen:

2020 was a lost off-season for Love, but one would think 2021 would've been all about the fundamentals. I guess not. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:

Clements is a great coach and his input helps, no doubt, But the game is slowing down for Love, he's trusting what he see's, obviously his pocket awareness is developing because he's better able to feel the pass rush and get the ball out.

Funny how Rodgers talks about the importance of fundamentals, he's been accused of having some of the worst in the league :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love that [mention]Yoop[/mention] spent all spring talking about how Clements will have a positive impact on Love and when evidence starts indicating that he’s right, he slightly disagrees and downplays Clements’ impact.

Yoop, you called this one! Spike the football!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also notice I said “evidence starts indicating”

I’m not ready to believe it until I see some preseason football. I’m not pessimistic on Love necessarily. I’m just not optimistic anymore without seeing it for myself. It’s put up or shut up time on this one

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

Comparing the careers of AR/Love, this is the year that Love should come off the pines in the second half of a Sunday night game and look good in a road loss. Never mind the Covid rookie throw away year of nearly no 1 on 1 coaching and very few practice reps! Thankfully AR has been more supportive of Love than he was supported by his predecessor. I guess there's a code among Cabana Boys! :rotf: