2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So that Seahawks loss was huge. Not just because they lost, but because it was an NFC game. Already lost what page it was on, but think that may likely give us the conference record over them if they finish 9-8.

So basically need two of: Wash to go 1-3 or worse, NY 1-3 or worse (they play each other) and Seattle to finish 2-2 or worse.

Someone said (I didn’t verify), we control our own destiny over Detroit.

And obviously we win out.

I think 10% is too high of odds to be honest. If each of our games are coin flips, that should only be 6.25% chance we win all 4, AND we need some decent help.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
11 Dec 2022 15:14
I have no idea what you guys are thinking with respect to the Packers making the playoffs. The only thing GB is getting is a Snickers - they ain't going anywhere for awhile.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Winning out remains the biggest obstacle to any playoff hopes. Aside from an uptick in offensive big plays, the Packers have not shown themselves capable of that feat.

The remaining schedule(s) of the three teams (not residing in Green Bay) listed above by [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] is hopeful. Now it's just a matter of taking advantage.

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

Andy Herman, on his Monday Podcast said the Pack needs to finish first or second in a 4 way sprint to the finish between, Seattle, Wash, and the NYG. I don't have the stats but it seemed reasonable.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

flapackfan wrote:
13 Dec 2022 06:21
Andy Herman, on his Monday Podcast said the Pack needs to finish first or second in a 4 way sprint to the finish between, Seattle, Wash, and the NYG. I don't have the stats but it seemed reasonable.
If the Commanders spoil our party, I'm good with that. Packers tallied up 3 straight losses with the loss to WFT at FedEx Field on October 23rd.

Forgive me but I am currently of the mindset that LaCoach and Barry deserve to sit out the playoffs due to poor performances. Might have to can 'em both on January 9th. Jah ever hear of "Fresh Start With Bart"?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

flapackfan wrote:
Reread this thread, starting around page 3. Pretty much all the scenarios laid out, along with half a dozen comments informing us the Packers aren’t very good this year.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 08:03
flapackfan wrote:
Reread this thread, starting around page 3. Pretty much all the scenarios laid out, along with half a dozen comments informing us the Packers aren’t very good this year.
So if the consensus is that the Packers are not very good, and the consensus is that playoffs are all but impossible......

why are we grasping at straws rather than focusing on the future? The future is Love and the rookie WR's

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Dec 2022 08:30
the consensus is that playoffs are all but impossible......
If we lose 1 more, then this would be the case, however that is not yet the case.

Are we playing good football? No, not really. Are we playing to potential? No.

BUT, AGAIN, this thread isn't about how good or bad the Packers are, it's about playoff scenarios, centered around the Packers.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Alternatively, if we want to play for the playoffs, we should start the guys who give us the best chance to win.

The O looks a lot better with Love at QB than with a thumbless-Rodgers.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Dec 2022 08:30
BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 08:03
flapackfan wrote:
So if the consensus is that the Packers are not very good, and the consensus is that playoffs are all but impossible......

why are we grasping at straws rather than focusing on the future? The future is Love and the rookie WR's
You are very welcome to go create a thread on Love and rookie WR's, I would love to discuss that as well.

I am honestly not sure why you are reading or posting in this thread if it doesn't interest you and it confuses you why we would do such a thing.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
13 Dec 2022 08:38
Alternatively, if we want to play for the playoffs, we should start the guys who give us the best chance to win.

:aok: :aok: :aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2022 10:00
Labrev wrote:
13 Dec 2022 08:38

:aok: :aok: :aok:
I think it was a major blunder on our part to play thumbless Rodgers after NYG over Love. Just let Rodgers's thumb heal and reinsert him after a few weeks.

Love probably wins you the WAS and DET games at the *very* least, and we are in much better shape to gear up for the playoffs (not to mention giving Love a few starts to build off of).

I mean, I would rather play Love straight-up, but that's another conversation. If we did have to play Rodgers, it would obviously be vastly preferable that his thumb would be intact.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

flapackfan wrote:
the Pack needs to finish first or second in a 4 way sprint to the finish
Reminds me of this wacky final afternoon...with 4 teams vying for the last playoff spots
Came down to the 4th tiebreaker, total points in conference games

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA wrote:
13 Dec 2022 16:58
flapackfan wrote:
the Pack needs to finish first or second in a 4 way sprint to the finish
Reminds me of this wacky final afternoon...with 4 teams vying for the last playoff spots
Came down to the 4th tiebreaker, total points in conference games

I remember that day! Was such an exciting day of football watching teams compete on the field as well as on the scoreboard against their playoff competitors. Such a fun day to witness as it played out.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Going in to Week 15 the Packers offense is ranked 12th. And the Packers defense is ranked 21st. The 1996 Packers offense and defense were ranked #1.

Don't even think about where the Special Teams is ranked. :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Dec 2022 18:32
Going in to Week 15 the Packers offense is ranked 12th. And the Packers defense is ranked 21st. The 1996 Packers offense and defense were ranked #1.

Don't even think about where the Special Teams is ranked. :thwap:
who woulda thought it, so much talent on this defense, take away Gary, Campbell and Stokes and it's a dumpster fire, course Barry has made it more complicated then just that. and thats all I'am going to say on that subject :cry:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

[mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] [mention]Yoop[/mention]

The bye week is over. The free reign stream-of-consciousness posting of unrelated and/or random thoughts not having anything to do with the topic needs to to be reeled in.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazy

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Other than winning out, which is a tall order, looks like we are going to need a big assist from the Colts or Browns depending on how the Washington-New York game goes.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2022 21:44
Crazy

49ers to beat Seattle? I can see that happening.