Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Jan 2024 14:59
The Titans had a good HC this year. By so many accounts Vrable handled his job well in many ways. He has had the Titans to nearly the top of the AFC. But this was not a kind year for the Titans on the injury front. Maybe the worst a team, including the Packers this year, has been hit by significant injuries depleting the depth of the roster. And he gets fired.
It sounds like the ownership/GM wanted to blow it up and do a full rebuild and Vrabel thinks they're close enough to compete and didn't want to coach a rebuild, not that he was fired because his performance wasn't good enough, even this season. If anything, it's almost that he has let this team overachieve too much so that they're in the mediocre middle instead of pressing reset more cleanly.

But your overall point stands.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

“Heir Jordan”

I really like that!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Tyler Dunne has a new piece out at GoLongTD about the emergence of Jordan Love and his explosion onto the playoff scene yesterday. Good read for us fans.

This part caught my eye:
About 45 minutes later, I received a phone call from someone close to Love who was understandably giddy. Amid the postgame celebration, this person brought up a recent conversation he had with Love. The quarterback told him there’s nothing a defense can deploy that’s confusing him right now. He’s confident he has an answer for every pressure, every coverage.
:shock: :shock:

We’re all in for a fun ride this next decade…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Nine games is close to being more than "a streak"

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:43

Only Drew Brees has a better 9 game span:
https://stathead.com/tiny/VeDju
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:43

I don’t know, if he doesn’t improve his production, not sure if he’s gonna be the guy.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I had a thought some time ago that seemed outlandish at the time and still does now, about how Love could turn into a better QB than both the legends that came before him: Love learns from Rodgers things where Rodgers improved over Favre (e.g. taking better care of the football), while Love himself eliminates the weaknesses of and improves upon Rodgers.

So crazy playmaking ability while avoiding turnovers *and* beating pressure?? That QB would be unstoppable. Yet also, probably impossible...

.... or so I thought.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

It is absolutely nuts how well Love is playing! A lot of us were none-too-thrilled when Gute moved up to draft some guy who most of the "experts" said was a 2nd round talent at best. Kudos to Gute for showing us all he knew what he was going. :hail:
Last edited by Pugger on 16 Jan 2024 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

considering everything, speed of todays game, time of tutoring, Love is as good or better then any other Packer QB ever, course I already have some hero worship going :rotf:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
15 Jan 2024 16:34
It is absolutely nuts how well Love is playing! A lot of us were none-too-thrilled when Gute moved up to draft some guy who most of the "experts" said was a 2nh round talent at best. Kudos to Gure for showing us all he knew what he was going. :hail:
Todays Packers are his. This is his and the scouts and coaches roster. Considering the age and the current success of the team, anyone would sound foolish to have much criticism.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Heard this earlier but wasn't around to post it and then forgot when I got home...

but yeah. I feel this (in case my comments haven't been clear about that)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If history has taught me anything, people will absolutely b*tch when we draft Love's replacement in the first round in 12 years.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jan 2024 18:36
Heard this earlier but wasn't around to post it and then forgot when I got home...

Kyle. Shut up with HOF talk. :lol: Why do these prognosticators have to be so over the top no matter which way they are talking about??

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Jordan Love has surpassed everyone's wildest expectations, except possibly his own.

Just awesome to see him play so well this season.

Now, it must also be said that Love's emergence has been coupled with the emergence of Doubs, Melton, Reed, Watson, and Wicks (collectively at different points of the season) and Craft and Musgrave as well as the re-emergence of Aaron Jones. And what makes this season so exciting is that, with the exception of Aaron, all of these guys are as young or younger than Jordan himself.

(Dare I also say that Rasheed Walker has emerged at LT, along with Zach Tom who was already pretty good in 2022 at RT?)

With 5 picks in rounds 1-3 and 7 through round 4 in the upcoming draft, if Gutey can hit on an interior offensive lineman and a RB to hopefully complement Aaron in 2024 and take over as he inevitably declines the way he has hit on QB/T/WR/TE in recent drafts, this could be a scary talented and good offense for years to come.

Really, really exciting

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Winning over hearts and minds...

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2024 09:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jan 2024 18:36

Kyle. Shut up with HOF talk. :lol: Why do these prognosticators have to be so over the top no matter which way they are talking about??
I agree Pugger. They’re acting more like fans than journalists. :grin:
GO PACK GO!!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 21:16
“Heir Jordan”

I really like that!

So did I.

image.png
image.png (383.28 KiB) Viewed 494 times

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Love is a product of being able to sit, groom and absorb the level of the NFL game, our best 3 did that and Favre who started right away had plenty of growing pains, some he was never able to over come, minus something unforeseen Love sure seems like a prospect for Canton, what will that be 6 GB hof QB's, awesome.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

his growth this year has been so fun to watch. The past few games I've seen him not only move and make the throws, but the way he's seeing things, and making some changes at the line and then just delivering daggers on some of them is almost unreal to me.

he's really seeing this game, and manipulating defenses, and pass rushers and knows where and what to do at a level i didn't think I'd see for a season or 2. I've been hesitant to say anything because it really is about longevity in this league. Defenses figure you out and you have to adapt, but he appears to be doing that at a high level already. My brain is telling me there is still more to this learning curve we haven't seen and have to go thru, but my eyes are telling me, this kid is there.

It really is hard for me to believe it could be already, because everyone takes time and lumps. To take the steps i've seen him take seems surreal to be in this position already. To say i'm happy would be an understatement.