JJ Watt

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
23 Feb 2021 19:22
We are a very short drive away from chi
not if your use to being home every night, want to be home every night, I figured he'd follow his wife to Chicago for that reason.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
23 Feb 2021 22:35
BF004 wrote:
not if your use to being home every night, want to be home every night, I figured he'd follow his wife to Chicago for that reason.
Then he was absolutely lying about going to a team with a QB and championship aspirations. Chicago had absolutely neither. More likely than not will have a new QB, HC and GM come 2022.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
23 Feb 2021 23:12
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Then he was absolutely lying about going to a team with a QB and championship aspirations. Chicago had absolutely neither. More likely than not will have a new QB, HC and GM come 2022.
I wouldn’t take it seriously. The Bears are still over the cap as things stand. Also we’re over the cap as things stand. I doubt either one of us lands him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
23 Feb 2021 23:12
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
he's been dangling teams along now for a few weeks, could it be to hope Chicago would raise there price, so ya, of course he could be lying, players routinely say I want to play for a SB contender then take the best money offer from teams that would need a miracle to even make it to one.

I didn't get my hopes up for JJ, specially once I heard his wife and of course children where moving to Chicago, thats huge incentive to go there imho.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Is there a reason y'all are discussing the Bears aside from the mitochondria quote and his wife? Like is there actual news or a real reported rumor? Feels like a little too much extrapolation to be worth much response, if you ask me.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Feb 2021 06:34
Is there a reason y'all are discussing the Bears aside from the mitochondria quote and his wife? Like is there actual news or a real reported rumor? Feels like a little too much extrapolation to be worth much response, if you ask me.
It was a confusing tweet when coupled with the picture of his dogs. I mean, clearly, the dogs (dawg pound) means he's going to CLE, but there were several blue and red objects in both the tweet and picture, so that points to BUF...

I may need to get out my oracle bones.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
nah, latest actual report is still just speculation, a bunch of teams would love to sign him, only a couple have financial resources to do so, and Cleveland seems to top the list, the rest, like us would have to do some drastic cap manipulation to get a deal done, but no new news that I could find.

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

You know Peewaukee where he owns a great lake home is conveniently located half way between Green Bay and Chicago! :shock:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
24 Feb 2021 06:41
YoHoChecko wrote:
It was a confusing tweet when coupled with the picture of his dogs. I mean, clearly, the dogs (dawg pound) means he's going to CLE, but there were several blue and red objects in both the tweet and picture, so that points to BUF...

I may need to get out my oracle bones.
Please tell me the dogs were at least playing on GREEN grass. :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

JJ is a good guy but he’s kind of a ham. He’s soaking up all the attention as It makes him feel loved. He will drag this out as long as possible. If he is giving weird signals on Twitter, it’s probably just to get people talking and has no basis in what he’s really thinking
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

flapackfan wrote:
24 Feb 2021 07:35
You know Peewaukee where he owns a great lake home is conveniently located half way between Green Bay and Chicago! :shock:
well we shouldn't expect that JJ would want to live in this shack :lol:

https://www.chron.com/z-archived-homes/ ... to-7600429

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2021 15:02
who let the dogs out, woof, woof woof :lol:

where still in the hunt :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gosh, just swapping Preston for JJ just seems like such a no brainer to me.

Lower cap hits in both 2021 and 2022 if you want, better player, better fit, able to play inside, fixes a DL need as well, dont have to ask Preston/JJ or whoever to drop into coverage.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean all of this just makes too much sense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I personally don’t wanna just limp into another year with Rodgers.

Push his money back, push in the chips. Should you choose to move on from him (don’t get why), takes your lumps one year and a little micro rebuild. Take 30M in dead cap for a year. Yolo

Go get JJ damn it. Anyone saying he isn’t good anymore is a damn fool. Only question is if he can stay healthy. Guy could be a DPOY candidate next to Z and Kenny and Gary and Jaire.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
24 Feb 2021 16:29
I personally don’t wanna just limp into another year with Rodgers.

Push his money back, push in the chips. Should you choose to move on from him (don’t get why), takes your lumps one year and a little micro rebuild. Take 30M in dead cap for a year. Yolo

Go get JJ damn it. Anyone saying he isn’t good anymore is a damn fool. Only question is if he can stay healthy. Guy could be a DPOY candidate next to Z and Kenny and Gary and Jaire.
I'm with you. Go for it. You know they've planned to move on. Go for it now and take it. Rodgers decides to retire a Packer, settle down with the wife, and become the next permanent host of Jeopardy. Micro rebuild and Love will be ready to be our 3rd HOF QB in a row and then take it again!
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I felt the same way last year, it's why I hated the first round pick (name with held to avoid here we go again remarks :lol: )

ya dont need to rush 5 when 4 can get the job done, but ya need 4 guys that can cause havoc, Watt with Gary, Clark and Z would have O Lineman headed to the out house to change tighty whitey's :rotf:

also the draft is super thin this year for DT's, hell the highest rated guy never even established himself as starter fore his team, I saw a mock that had us taking him, hope not.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2021 16:55
I felt the same way last year, it's why I hated the first round pick (name with held to avoid here we go again remarks :lol: )

ya dont need to rush 5 when 4 can get the job done, but ya need 4 guys that can cause havoc, Watt with Gary, Clark and Z would have O Lineman headed to the out house to change tighty whitey's :rotf:

also the draft is super thin this year for DT's, hell the highest rated guy never even established himself as starter fore his team, I saw a mock that had us taking him, hope not.
If we would have rushed 4 more than we did 3 that would've been a nice start!
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nice to have Watt, but won't be distraught if he doesn't sign and expecting he doesn't.

I foresee doom and gloom, and over the top proclamations if he doesn't sign.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."