OTAs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 08:18
NCF wrote:
04 Jun 2021 07:37
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:44
My biggest takeaway from the pressers was Stenovich's tone when he took a stance on Ben Braden. Said he looks ready to compete for a starting spot at T or G. That, at least, makes me feel better about him getting those reps
This should have garnered far more discussion.
Another I took from it is that Myers isn’t just getting #1 center reps, he is the starter. Sounds like completely his job to lose. I wouldn’t have thought it was that set, just with several options on the interior there. But that will definitely bump up Myers in the rank the roster for me.
I voted for Myers yesterday, and will continue too.

thanks NCF for bringing Andy's podcast, I'll give it a listen shortly. :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2021 07:51
it would if people had a link to go to to hear the presser, people use to do that stuff in the past, now it seems people read that stuff, comment, and leave it up to the rest of us to dig it up to read the coaches comments, or just left in the dark.
This is a good point; for me, I watch the pressers as they stream as often as I can (this work from home thing is nice for that), which makes it impossible to post the video; the Packers website and their YouTube channel generally get them posted within 12-20 hours after, so I'll try to put more videos in when I'm not watching live. But you're right that people in general used to post more content, and now they post more reaction to content.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:15
Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2021 07:51
it would if people had a link to go to to hear the presser, people use to do that stuff in the past, now it seems people read that stuff, comment, and leave it up to the rest of us to dig it up to read the coaches comments, or just left in the dark.
This is a good point; for me, I watch the pressers as they stream as often as I can (this work from home thing is nice for that), which makes it impossible to post the video; the Packers website and their YouTube channel generally get them posted within 12-20 hours after, so I'll try to put more videos in when I'm not watching live. But you're right that people in general used to post more content, and now they post more reaction to content.
thanks Yoho, I wish I was better at researching this stuff to, and had more time, for a retired guy I've sure been doing a lot of running around lately

Ben Braden sounds like a gem, ready to compete to start at G or T, thats high praise, that's more then just pumping a kids confidence, that's telling every player that's competing for a G or T spot they have some serious competition.

we have a surplus of players that are starting caliber OL, maybe we can trade a couple for either futures picks or even a player or two for ST's or a backup roll, good situation to be in.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Nice little hype video from The Rock.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 06:26
bud fox wrote:
04 Jun 2021 02:35
It is so ridiculous that he did not beat out Tim Boyle.

The guy that is going to destroy your organization and he can't beat out Tim Boyle.
It is so ridiculous our last QB drafted who destroyed our organization couldn’t beat out Criag Nall to be the backup to Favre. 🤡

Just ridiculous people take such stances on things for god knows what reason. It’s like you decide you want to be upset about something. Pick some arbitrary reason without thought, and say it 60 times through the span of about 9 months.

If you don’t think Love is good, that it is fine, but provide something of substance and don’t repeat the same thing ad nauseam when this has been pointed out to you at least a dozen times.

Rodgers didn’t even have to deal with a Covid offseason.
Despite his long-term potential, it was apparent in training camp that Rodgers isn't ready for prime time yet. As a result, Craig Nall will once again serve as Favre's game day backup.
How many games did Rodgers not suit up for? I know Rodgers had snaps that year so he was in uniform at some stage

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

He played against the New Orleans Saints in the fourth quarter of a 52–3 victory, and completed his first career pass to fullback Vonta Leach for 0 yards. On December 19, 2005, Rodgers entered the game against the Baltimore Ravens at the end of the third quarter in a 48–3 loss. He completed eight of 15 passes for 65 yards and an interception. Rodgers saw one more play at the end of the season against the Seattle Seahawks, taking a knee to end the game.
I am not sure when or what who was the backup QB, I do know Nall was the backup heading into week 1.

Also, I was wrong. Nall left the Packer in 2006 and signed with the Bills, but then returned to the Packers in 2007.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 21:52
He played against the New Orleans Saints in the fourth quarter of a 52–3 victory, and completed his first career pass to fullback Vonta Leach for 0 yards. On December 19, 2005, Rodgers entered the game against the Baltimore Ravens at the end of the third quarter in a 48–3 loss. He completed eight of 15 passes for 65 yards and an interception. Rodgers saw one more play at the end of the season against the Seattle Seahawks, taking a knee to end the game.
I am not sure when or what who was the backup QB, I do know Nall was the backup heading into week 1.

Also, I was wrong. Nall left the Packer in 2006 and signed with the Bills, but then returned to the Packers in 2007.
But original point, Love not beating out Boyle means really nothing, especially in a COVID season. He was the emergency quarantine QB, he was basically barred from close contact with the #1 offense, never got to play in preseason. Just even with this circumstances make it a different situation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

NCF wrote:
04 Jun 2021 13:15
Nice little hype video from The Rock.

Thanks!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 21:54
BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 21:52

But original point, Love not beating out Boyle means really nothing, especially in a COVID season. He was the emergency quarantine QB, he was basically barred from close contact with the #1 offense, never got to play in preseason. Just even with this circumstances make it a different situation.
yep crazy why fans would think Love was going to walk in and automatically unseat Boyles as the #2 QB, after near zero off season prep, very debatable to even think the game has slowed down enough so that it wont ruin him should we have to start him this year, I don't understand the rush people have to get him into games, other then just PS games, as I said (whoops redundency again) I'd find a vet if Bortles can't handle it and use him beforre I'd throw Love to the wolfs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The last open practice before the NFL Dead Zone is today, so we should get some tweets and updates. Not sure yet if there are any remaining media access; I feel like usually you get media access on open practice days, but also that media day is typically wednesday. Could be both, either, or none this week.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wrapping up the offseason program presser by MLF