Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

HA! You won't engage every stupid assertion I make! Clearly, you have nothing. I win again.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Nov 2021 18:19
Drj820 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:21

Edit: I do have to fault Rodgers for something..he was posting pictures at a big holloween party. If unvaxxed, thats a foolish thing to do midseason. I dont care that he wasnt vaxxed, but he would need to adjust his behavior accordingly in my opinion, due to the effects on his team
Knowing what you know about the jab and its efficacy, this comment is surprising.
its more playing by the rules of the game as they are presented, than it is agreeing with the rules.

For instance, we know Lazard was negative all along...but as a close contact they forced him to miss a game.

I am simply surprised Rodgers broke the rules about large groups for unvaxxed players and attended a big party midseason, knowing a close contact could cost him a game.

For me, I believe if I was a man on the back 9 of my career with a real chance to get a top playoff seed...I think I would leave the big parties to the offseason and make sure I followed the rules very carefully..just so I wouldnt get exposed based off a technicality. I mean, the only way Rodgers was going to face PR heat is if he got forced into protocols...if i was him, I would do my best to avoid getting put in protocols...and attending a big party midseason is not putting forth a strong effort to do that.

None of what I just said implies that I judge him not getting the jab. It simply means I assign a little blame to him for not putting forth better effort to avoid protocols based on what all is at stake. Holloween parties are juvenile to me tho so :idn:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

For those that want to catch up on all of this, here's a good article laying it all out.

RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So besides the tweets shown on here, curious what the talking heads are saying? I have been too busy to pay attention.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:52
NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:48
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:35
What I can tell is Rodgers said he was vaccinated. I’m sure there had to be proof of vaccination at some point for the claim to be verified by the team and NFL. We already know vaccinated players can catch Covid because of Adams.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. Sounds like he is not vaccinated. The Packers were well aware. Protocols followed. He also pretty deliberately bent his words to make the media think he was vaccinated and that is where the assumption that he was came from.

I know it's no one's business but his own, but as QB of the Green Bay Packers or any NFL player, for that matter, I wish he would have been more up front about it.
If that’s the case I would expect a suspension and loss of draft picks to come down after an end investigation. Could be pretty significant.
Yeah I think the wind is starting to blow in that direction.

Rodgers clearly traveled with the team. Which he is apparently not supposed to do. Sounds like punishment is draft picks and Rodgers suspended for 4 games.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 19:33
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:48

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. Sounds like he is not vaccinated. The Packers were well aware. Protocols followed. He also pretty deliberately bent his words to make the media think he was vaccinated and that is where the assumption that he was came from.

I know it's no one's business but his own, but as QB of the Green Bay Packers or any NFL player, for that matter, I wish he would have been more up front about it.
If that’s the case I would expect a suspension and loss of draft picks to come down after an end investigation. Could be pretty significant.

Rodgers clearly traveled with the team. Which he is apparently not supposed to do. Sounds like punishment is draft picks and Rodgers suspended for 4 games.
I read for first time offenders its just a fine. For repeat offenders its significant fines and suspensions up to 4 games. This is a first offense as far as Im aware.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 19:39
go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 19:33
lupedafiasco wrote:

I read for first time offenders its just a fine. For repeat offenders its significant fines and suspensions up to 4 games. This is a first offense as far as Im aware.
What does that mean though? First time he got caught = first time offender? Or first time he did it = first time offender.

Because I don't think it's too hard to prove he is not a first time offender.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We’ll try the topic again now that we’ve had a chance to cool off.

Just don’t be that guy, if you are talking about a poster or your disdain for a group of people or type the word ‘science’ in any context, just don’t hit submit.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I vote this becomes a meme thread first, informational second, conversational... maybe not at all

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

"Nothing says I heal myself with crystals more than this haircut."

-Jimmy Kimmel
:lol:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Had to make the call to shut down our entire office until next Friday due to an EE with a positive test who we know was in the office on Monday.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I do not think that it is season-threatening since in fact I like the idea of some forced Bye-week for ol' Rodgers. Maybe it will make him fresher in January. I also think after last year's NFC game we can forget home field advantage: 08 Giants, 12 Giants, 21 Tampa.

But I think the way Love will present himself will have ramifications for how the Pack will deal with Rodgers beyond this season. If Love pulls off a thing like Rodgers in Dallas '07 then #12 is gone. But if he sucks then Gute might bend over the table to hold #12.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's always so weird to me that people talk about seeing Rodgers for the first time in the Dallas game in year three and not seeing Rodgers for the first time in the Ravens blowout as a rookie when he went 8/15 for 65 yards, took 3 sacks, threw an INT, and lost two fumbles.

I was at that game.

Or when he played the Patriots as a second year player in 2006 and had a performance he, much later, admitted to Rob Demovsky "wasn't much better"

He didn't turn it over that time, but was 4/12 for 32 yards and took another 3 sacks.

Let us not pretend that Rodgers sat idly on the bench as a mystery to all until he showed up in Dallas and looked like the makings of the player he is today.

His first two appearances (there was also a Saints mop-up game where he went 1/1 for 0 yards and not TDs or turnovers or rushing yards.

Through Rodgers' first 2 seasons, he had seen the field a couple times, and he looked absolutely inept.
image.png
image.png (25.07 KiB) Viewed 384 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well the difference is obvious, imo.

We were a really bad team in 2005 and even most of 2006, and Rodgers was obviously very young. The spots he came in and didn’t look good, it was like so what? Too early to judge.

But the Dallas game, gigantic game, nationally televised, we had a really good team going, and Rodgers looked special.

Why would we care if he comes in and looks below average in a blowout loss? That would be like saying we should all take note of when Love came in against the Saints and couldn’t do much, took a sack and had a lowly QBR of 37.9 and act like that is even remotely as important as what we’ll see against the Chiefs this weekend.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 10:14
Why would we care if he comes in and looks below average in a blowout loss?
The point is that people act like we never saw Rodgers play, and that when he arrived, he looked the part. And that's not true.

Second, he didn't look below average; he looked incompetent.

Third, leading up to the Jordan Love premiere, which are admittedly under very different circumstances than any of the three Rodgers games we've discussed, everyone is talking about the Dallas Game, which was Rodgers' 3rd extensive playing time in his career and 3rd season in the league.

And they are building a notion that if Love doesn't look good, we're in trouble. But Rodgers took time to develop and ended up like this. So maybe we're placing too much emphasis on this game for Love, and maybe we should recount ALL of Rodgers' early playing experiences, not just the first time we saw what we liked.
BF004 wrote:and even most of 2006, and Rodgers was obviously very young. The spots he came in and didn’t look good, it was like so what? Too early to judge.
So, right. My point is that Love is obviously very young. If he comes in and doesn't look very good, maybe it's too early to judge.

I hope that's irrelevant. I hope his footwork keep his on schedule and he plays within the system and the rest of the team steps up and so not much is asked of him, which means he can deliver--even over-deliver--on what is asked.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Guess I'm not getting your point here.

And I don't think anyone is putting too much on this performance from Love here. Other than the occasional if he looks really good, just more likely this will be Aaron's last year here. Which really is about as close to a fact as you can get while still being an opinion.

And yeah, they aren't similar comparisons each time each of them will play in each game. I mean need to add some context and expectations.

Yes, Aaron, drafted uber young after his true Junior season and no meaningful snaps didn't look good in a blowout loss while on an awful 4-12 team. Don't think anyone cared, nor should they? Why should they?

Maybe similar to year 3 Aaron, I mean it is year 3 now and we had a really really good team. I want to say 9-2 if memory serves correctly, albeit at the 10-1 Cowboys? So you do hope at that point in time he can come in an look like an NFL QB. And he exceeded that. That was very big.

Maybe Jordan isn't ready, but this is a really really good team and he is now having nearly a week to prepare for the game and have the coaching gameplan built around him, so there should be some expectations there. Don't need him to be an all-pro, but look the part of a functioning NFL QB. Just don't think anyone does or will ever care about how he looked against the Saints just as no one cared about how Aaron looked against Baltimore and they were correct to not put any stock on that game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hate to break to those included in the 30-40 some posts we've deleted.

No one here cares about your own personal opinions on COVID and vaccines. Like at all. 20 months in, no one is going to change their mind or have an awakening.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I just think its cute that people think any of this changes the Packers plans with Rodgers next year. I still see about a 1% chance he's a Packer next year. And that opinion hasn't changed based on his play, his comments, his Covid, nothing. I'll eat crow if it happens.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 10:29
Yes, Aaron, drafted uber young after his true Junior season and no meaningful snaps didn't look good in a blowout loss while on an awful 4-12 team. Don't think anyone cared, nor should they? Why should they?

Maybe similar to year 3 Aaron, I mean it is year 3 now and we had a really really good team. I want to say 9-2 if memory serves correctly, albeit at the 10-1 Cowboys? So you do hope at that point in time he can come in an look like an NFL QB. And he exceeded that. That was very big.

Maybe Jordan isn't ready, but this is a really really good team and he is now having nearly a week to prepare for the game and have the coaching gameplan built around him, so there should be some expectations there. Don't need him to be an all-pro, but look the part of a functioning NFL QB. Just don't think anyone does or will ever care about how he looked against the Saints just as no one cared about how Aaron looked against Baltimore and they were correct to not put any stock on that game.
I guess I feel like you're differentiating things between Rodgers and Love that aren't different? I feel like some of the things you are equating and the way you are upping expectations based on those differences is exactly my point.

"Aaron, drafted uber young after his true junior year"
- - when Rodgers was drafted in April 2005, he was 21 years and 5 months old.
- - when Love was drafted in April 2020, he was 21 years and 6 months old. He was drafted after his true junior year

"Maybe similar to year 3 Aaron, I mean it is year 3 now and we had a really really good team"
- - it is not year 3 for Jordan Love. It is Year Two. A lot-a-lot of people keep saying that, and I'm not sure why.

You're also differentiating coming off the bench from starting, which is 100% valid. But the differentiation cuts both ways--degree of difficulty of playing in garbage time is also much, much lower. Sure, you're less prepared, but the opposing defense also probably has put some backups in, as well.

Further, you keep talking about the Baltimore game and the bad team, but seem to ignore the Patriots game in year 2 with a .500 team where Rodgers still looked lost. I mean totally lost. It was probably right not to read anything into the Baltimore game. But when you're two years into this project and the only regular season evidence you have on a guy is the Baltimore and New England games in those two years, yes, many people WERE reading into it, and heavily so.

My concern is that people are mis-remembering Rodgers' early career, and the errors in that memory are going to create a lot of false comparisons in the coming week. I posted about Rodgers' early career struggles because there is a LOT of chatter about how this could be Love's "Cowboys moment," for lack of a better term--when the team knew they had something. And there is not a lot of talk about how this could be Love's "Baltimore moment," when he plays poorly and uses that experience as motivational and informative into exactly what he needs to do to succeed in this league:
Rob Demovsky wrote:GREEN BAY, Wis. -- When Aaron Rodgers steps on to the field at M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday, the memories will come back to him quickly.

And none of them will be good.

That was the site of Rodgers’ first extensive NFL action, and it was, by any measure, a disaster.

On Dec. 19, 2005, Rodgers entered the game against the Baltimore Ravens late in the fourth quarter with the Packers trailing 34-3. Then-coach Mike Sherman pulled starter Brett Favre. Rodgers, who had previously played only in mop-up duty two months earlier against the New Orleans Saints, lost a pair of fumbles (one of which was returned for a touchdown) and threw an interception.

Rodgers’ final numbers that day -- 8-of-15 passing for 65 yards with no touchdowns and one interception -- added up to a passer rating of 36.8, which remains the second-lowest rating of his career ahead of only the Dec. 12, 2010 game at Detroit that he did not finish because of a concussion.

Yet that game, a 48-3 loss in a 4-12 season that ended with Sherman getting fired, served one important purpose for Rodgers in his development.

“I thought I was a little better than I showed that night,” Rodgers recalled this week. “So I was resolute in my determination to get better that offseason.”

Rodgers had the entire offseason to think about his performance, and it served as motivation.

“I got to really work on my skills and that was important for me and my development, realizing I didn’t want to put another performance like that on the field,” Rodgers said.

Over the next two seasons, Rodgers would see significant playing time on only two more occasions -- in 2006 against the New England Patriots (a game in which he was only slightly better before breaking his foot) and in 2007 against the Dallas Cowboys (where he nearly led the Packers to a comeback victory) -- before he became the starter in 2008.

“Can’t say that New England the next year was much better,” Rodgers said. “But I know I got better between then and the next season, and luckily I was able to put together a good performance (against the Cowboys) before I took over as the starter."
So honestly, maybe I don't have a strong point. I think Love will play fine, honestly, and feel pretty good about winning the game. But I also think that there might be an undue amount of pressure on a young guy making his first start and there are reasons to take our instant reactions with a grain of salt after. I guess I just want to continue to contribute context, evidenced in reality and history, to the Rodgers-Love comparisons which are inevitable. That's my point; added context.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

come on Jarred Love, kick some KC ass Sunday, time for a new Packer QB