General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
04 Nov 2021 22:20
Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 18:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Nov 2021 18:12

Nah. No way. If the league leaks and league media arm were a conflict that mattered, we'd have had 8,000 stories like that by now.

Flori's a lawyer; he just takes a litigious view on everything.

Also, Rodgers being pissed that his status leaked is dumb. It was always going to be obvious once he tested positive. That they bumped it up a couple days is not in any way a tangible harm to anyone.
Not unfair, but we are in pretty new territory. Most other leaks from the NFLN would not have anything to do with someone private health status...when it is league policy not to reveal whether someone is vaxxed or not.

You are right that in just a couple days we would all know anyways, but everyone putting 2 and 2 together seems different than the league being responsible for the sharing of information that is in their policy not to share.

So I wonder if there is any recourse for the league breaking their own agreement with the union.
Wait, wait, wait. Remember when Cousins was sent home and it was leaked that he wasn't vaccinated? Football fans were all like, "What an a$$hole" "Not a team player." "Not how a leader would be.". No one here cared about his rights to privacy. My how things change when it's Rodgers.
When was Cousins sent home? I don't recall this and I wouldn't have said that. IMO his health decisions are between him and his doctor. It appears it doesn't matter if you get the shots or not. Anybody can get it. The good thing for healthy professional athletes is the chances they will be deathly sick is miniscule.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:28
go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:21
2 or 3 losses and #1 seed is a very high likelihood.
The last time a #1 seed in the NFC had less than 3 losses was the 2015 Panthers at 15-1.
Interesting, been happening more frequently in the AFC as of late.
image.png
image.png (55.95 KiB) Viewed 525 times

Still sitting at the #2 seed. Not sure how it would play out with us and Dallas in tiebreakers. They lost to the Rams and Broncos. So similar conference records. As far as common games, we will have Rams, Saints, Chiefs, Arizona, Washington x2 (for them), Minnesota x2 (for us).

Dallas: Saints, Chiefs, Arizona, Washington. Washington, Minnesota (1-0)
Packers: Saints, Chiefs, Arizona, Washington , Minnesota, Minnesota. (2-2)

Sitting a little better against TB
TB: Rams, Bears, Saints, Saints, Washington (1-2)
GB: Rams, Bears, Bears, Saints, Washington (2-1)

That Washington turned out to be a fairly big win, lol.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 13:35
Why fines? Did they not follow NFL COVID protocols?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:35
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:21
2 or 3 losses and #1 seed is a very high likelihood.
The last time a #1 seed in the NFC had less than 3 losses was the 2015 Panthers at 15-1.
How many times does 4 losses get the #1 seed?

I bet that is quite rare as well.

Without looking into it, I bet the recipe for top seeds is 3 losses and controlling the tie breakers.

Right now, the Packers have the tie breaker over the NFC West (head to head with AZ), NFC South (conference record TB), and I don't know about Dallas. (I would imagine it comes down to Strength of Schedule)
The 2014 Seahawks had 4 losses.

Now with 17 games, 4 could become more normal.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Any news on Kenny Clark and Stokes?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:42
BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 13:35
Why fines? Did they not follow NFL COVID protocols?
That's the question. Its clear that Rodgers did not with press conferences. Those seems several teams were confused with those rules. The question is, was anything else not followed. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:45
Nothing so far on twitter. MLF talking now, but I'm not listening. He probably wouldn't say anything anyway.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:43
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Without looking into it, I bet the recipe for top seeds is 3 losses and controlling the tie breakers.

Right now, the Packers have the tie breaker over the NFC West (head to head with AZ), NFC South (conference record TB), and I don't know about Dallas. (I would imagine it comes down to Strength of Schedule)

Since the change from 3 divisions to 4 divisions (2002), there have been 12-4 #1 NFC seeds in 2002, 2003, 2008 and 2014. So 15 out of 19 years you needed at least a 13-3 record to hope for the top seed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:45

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Everyone is "no concern long term" and yet everyone that this is said about seems to miss a month this year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 15:03
Everyone is "no concern long term" and yet everyone that this is said about seems to miss a month this year.
Just get everyone back by January. :aok:

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

It really feels like MLF is protecting everyone as much as they can for the stretch run this year. Especially considering how much of a lead we have in the division right now.

Sucks for the race in seeding, but I guess I won't argue with the results if weeks 14-18 mean we have Bak, Clark, JA, and Z all playing. Just hard to be patient right now.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:43
go pak go wrote:

Since the change from 3 divisions to 4 divisions (2002), there have been 12-4 #1 NFC seeds in 2002, 2003, 2008 and 2014. So 15 out of 19 years you needed at least a 13-3 record to hope for the top seed.
Times less than 3 losses got the 1 seed:
2015 - 15-1
2011 - 15-1

3 losses will probably still be the mode going forward, but I would say with the extra game we might start seeing 4 losses be more of the norm.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 15:03
Yeah but that's better than Coach *crying* when asked how badly they're injured. :lol:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:39
Raptorman wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 18:38

Not unfair, but we are in pretty new territory. Most other leaks from the NFLN would not have anything to do with someone private health status...when it is league policy not to reveal whether someone is vaxxed or not.

You are right that in just a couple days we would all know anyways, but everyone putting 2 and 2 together seems different than the league being responsible for the sharing of information that is in their policy not to share.

So I wonder if there is any recourse for the league breaking their own agreement with the union.
Wait, wait, wait. Remember when Cousins was sent home and it was leaked that he wasn't vaccinated? Football fans were all like, "What an a$$hole" "Not a team player." "Not how a leader would be.". No one here cared about his rights to privacy. My how things change when it's Rodgers.
When was Cousins sent home? I don't recall this and I wouldn't have said that. IMO his health decisions are between him and his doctor. It appears it doesn't matter if you get the shots or not. Anybody can get it. The good thing for healthy professional athletes is the chances they will be deathly sick is miniscule.
He was sent home during Training camp. Him and Mond. I remember how everyone was saying how he was a bad leader, selfish, not a team player. This is from and AP story.
You won't find the same kind of tone in a Rodgers story.
Sports should be no different. For the good of their sports and their teammates athletes should face only one simple choice.

Get the shot or take the ball and go home.
https://apnews.com/article/sports-nfl-f ... 301535c2b1

Any more of this needs to be discussed elsewhere.
Last edited by Raptorman on 08 Nov 2021 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

You will absolutely find stories and comments like that on Rodgers. So... Stop whining about it.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
08 Nov 2021 16:29
Pugger wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:39
Raptorman wrote:

He was sent home during Training camp. Him and Mond. I remember how everyone was saying how he was a bad leader, selfish, not a team player. This is from and AP story.
You won't find the same kind of tone in a Rodgers story.
Sports should be no different. For the good of their sports and their teammates athletes should face only one simple choice.

Get the shot or take the ball and go home.
https://apnews.com/article/sports-nfl-f ... 301535c2b1

Any more of this needs to be discussed elsewhere.
Cry me a river. Rodgers is being excoriated over this in many quarters a hell of lot more than Cousins ever did. Some are saying he the NFL should suspend him for several games and the Packer should lose draft picks. I heard one say he should be kicked out of the league! :messedup:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

An interesting observation by Paul Noonan, which has also bothered me while watching LaFleur and Rodgers operate during a game.

Why are the Packers consistently snapping the ball with little to no seconds left on the play clock and how that affects the long passing game. Also the time outs used to prevent a delay of game penalty.

Here is his article;
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021 ... n-research
Love is the answer…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
08 Nov 2021 15:09
It really feels like MLF is protecting everyone as much as they can for the stretch run this year. Especially considering how much of a lead we have in the division right now.

Sucks for the race in seeding, but I guess I won't argue with the results if weeks 14-18 mean we have Bak, Clark, JA, and Z all playing. Just hard to be patient right now.
Im fine with this. I would rather lose 5 games, easily win the division, and have almost EVERYONE back by playoffs, then have 3 losses, a top 1 or 2 seed and have a handful of guys out for the postseason because they reinjured themselves.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur