Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
14 Jan 2021 15:56
NCF wrote:
14 Jan 2021 11:10
Nice little distraction for the Rams a few days before game time.
You an add Stephen A Smith with the rumor Rams shopping Goff to Texans, for Watson.

Watch that snowball and Goff sticks it to the man, and plays his ass off.
Can play his ass off all he wants. Without a thumb, good luck.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
14 Jan 2021 15:59
TheGreenMan wrote:
NCF wrote:
14 Jan 2021 11:10
Nice little distraction for the Rams a few days before game time.
You an add Stephen A Smith with the rumor Rams shopping Goff to Texans, for Watson.

A certain Packers QB had no problem. :hide:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
14 Jan 2021 16:05
NCF wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

Favre has huge hands. Goff... not so much.

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

NCF wrote:
14 Jan 2021 16:58
TheGreenMan wrote:
14 Jan 2021 16:05
NCF wrote:

Favre has huge hands. Goff... not so much.

Favre had a 93% hand size compared to other QBs. Goff has 9% compared to other QBs. Aaron is at 85%.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Am I the only person who thinks Deshaun Watson has gotten a little too big for his britches? I mean, he's upset because the organization didn't inform him before hiring their new GM? Or heed his advice in their search for a head coach? Really?

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2021 12:56
Am I the only person who thinks Deshaun Watson has gotten a little too big for his britches? I mean, he's upset because the organization didn't inform him or heed his advice before hiring their new GM? Really?
It's been a weird ride for me with Watson, because I was not a believer in his game transitioning to the NFL, where most people were saying you can't go wrong with him. Then, he started doing some things and I ended up thinking he's actually going to do this and become one of the top QBs in the league. And now I'm in a spot where I think he can play, but this year his attitude about things have thrown me off him again. Texans are in a tough spot though, they can let him go via trade, but at the same time why would you want too when he's the best QB they've ever had behind center. By Far. Houston made their own bed before the GM hire. Texans fans will blame this one on fired Bill O'Brien, and honestly how can you not?
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks Deshaun Watson has gotten a little too big for his britches? I mean, he's upset because the organization didn't inform him before hiring their new GM? Or heed his advice in their search for a head coach? Really?
ya can't look at Watsons situation as though he's JUST a employee, ya have to look at it through the eyes of a possible HOF QB who needs help from the FO to get there.

not that Watson should have a vote in selecting a GM or a coach, but like Rodgers said when Murphy left him out of the conversation to hire Lafluer, he took it as a sign of dis respect, obviously Watson isn't at the same level as Rodgers , Rodgers imo could be a coaching assistant the day after he retires from playing.

as Bill Parcels said, if ya want me to cook the meal, then I should have a voice in the grocery's we buy, same thing.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
He said that it was discussed and agreed that he would be involved. If they went back on that you can't blame him for being pissed; especially after how badly everything else has been handled.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
The Texans never should've given Watson any indication, even a sliver, that he could have ANY say in those decisions. If they did and then didn't live up to it, I can understand he feels disrespected and be miffed (along with a disappointing season and seemingly some other issues). But even a superstar QB should understand he'd never have any real influence on a GM or coach hire. Being good at throwing the football doesn't make you good at hiring personnel.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just saw a "Lamar can run, but he can't Hyde" sign at the Bills-Ravens game

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Jan 2021 19:05
Just saw a "Lamar can run, but he can't Hyde" sign at the Bills-Ravens game
Perfect.

:aok:

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Why does this Deshaun Watson things have legs? Like, he just signed a mega-extension. Give him the finger and call his bluff. If I'm Houston, I will play hard ball and we will see what happens when he starts missing $3M checks.

But, then again...

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hahahahaha

Love Randall Cobb

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yeah, I died laughing when I saw that tweet. Hilarious.

But agreed on Watson. You cannot let players run your organization.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like its a pinched nerve in the neck, not so much a concussion for Mahomes. Passed all concussion tests so far.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:51
Sounds like its a pinched nerve in the neck, not so much a concussion for Mahomes. Passed all concussion tests so far.
He damned sure looked concussed when he stood up after that tackle. Wobbly as hell and had the distant confused look that even had Romo saying “uh-oh...”.

Kinda makes you wonder if this isn’t the team/league setting the table for his hasty return to the field, just in time for the AFCCG...?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:58
paco wrote:
He damned sure looked concussed when he stood up after that tackle. Wobbly as hell and had the distant confused look that even had Romo saying “uh-oh...”.

Kinda makes you wonder if this isn’t the team/league setting the table for his hasty return to the field, just in time for the AFCCG...?
If he's in the protocol, it's not up the team whatsoever.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

And Reid said he is indeed in the protocol. So nothing the team can do but sit back and hope he keeps passing each test/step. Passing today is big though. Any misstep, and he probably can't play. The current protocol doesn't give much leeway.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:58
paco wrote:

Yeah, people don't trust anything right now and conspiratorial thinking won't go away on this.

But I will also say that I for sure didn't see his head hit anything; not the other helmet, not the ground. The wobbles were severe, but I couldn't figure out how he got a concussion. The tackle was up around the neck/head, so there's speculation that he could have choked enough to be miiillldly oxygen-deficient.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
18 Jan 2021 12:05
And Reid said he is indeed in the protocol. So nothing the team can do but sit back and hope he keeps passing each test/step. Passing today is big though. Any misstep, and he probably can't play. The current protocol doesn't give much leeway.
:aok:

I hope so. It'd be a shame not to get to see Mahomes-Allen and/or Mahomes-Rodgers; but only if he's cleared and healthy