Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Justin Fields led the league in Sack %, Sacks, and Fumbles.

He was 2nd worst in INT % and 2nd-last among preferred starters in completion % despite having the second-fewest drops in the league per PFR.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2023 08:55
Justin Fields led the league in Sack %, Sacks, and Fumbles.

He was 2nd worst in INT % and 2nd-last among preferred starters in completion % despite having the second-fewest drops in the league per PFR.
Yup. He is the future of da Bears!
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Real question on if they should go QB or not.

I’m not a huge Fields fan, but he isn’t awful.

If you can flip that pick for like 3 firsts, I think that’d be a much stronger decision.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2023 16:02

If you can flip that pick for like 3 firsts, I think that’d be a much stronger decision.
Let's say they trade down to 10, and pick up 2 or 3 premium picks for future. They get better immediately around Fields, who already has some experience and flashed upside, and then are able to load up in future drafts. I feel like every team that does this right benefits huge. Because of that, I expect Bryce Young to be a Bear.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:

I'd flip it. You have to give your quarterback a legit chance. There will be a team who will want a QB. Flip it for a 2nd and a next year 2nd (sometimes teams pay way, way more).

The Bears have loads of cap. I would start spending to build a good Oline and stock pile draft picks to add two offensive weapons. Just something to support Fields. Then I would focus on defense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I was pretty happy when they picked Fields. He has already achieved greater heights with these 3 wins than I thought he would, when they drafted him. So kudos to him for overperforming my expectations, but yeah, I'll be happy if they keep him as the starter.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

is this like a promo to get me to watch Draft Day with Keven Costner :rotf:

the little I saw Fields reminded me of the Deer I ran over years back, but then with that OL some of that is expected, imo just another QB forced into duty before he was ready.

I'll add to this post a little

Indy seems the first to say they would trade up with the Bears for the first pick and a chance to draft a QB, after trying to replace Luck with Ryan, Wentz, and Rivers, my question is why couldn't either of those 3 do at minimum enough for the Colts to win more, and what caused Luck to say I'am done so unexpectedly, to me Indy has other problems then just the QB position.
Last edited by Yoop on 11 Jan 2023 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would flip the pick. To me right now I think the best QB is Richardson. I think this QB draft class is garbage. Stroud has a middle arm and average athleticism. Young is a midget with average athleticism. He’s basically Baker Mayfield. Levis is 24. Decent QB but doesn’t have elite traits IMO. Richardson has size, athleticism, and a strong arm. &%$@ accuracy and decision making but those can be improved upon.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:

I don't think he is as bad as people here want to make him out to be. Still young, still learning, and Has crap for support on offense. Crap on defense. Before the Bears traded away their two top Defensive players, they where averages 18.8 points per game on defense. After they traded them away, 33.1 ppg on defense. It's impossible for any QB to have a winning record when your defense gives up that much. 7 td's 6 int his first 8 games, 10 TD's 5 int his second 8 games. He put 29 points up against Dallas, in Dallas. I think if they put some good players around him, and give him an o-line that it half-decent he might be a force to be reckoned with.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
10 Jan 2023 23:57
BF004 wrote:

I don't think he is as bad as people here want to make him out to be. Still young, still learning, and Has crap for support on offense. Crap on defense. Before the Bears traded away their two top Defensive players, they where averages 18.8 points per game on defense. After they traded them away, 33.1 ppg on defense. It's impossible for any QB to have a winning record when your defense gives up that much. 7 td's 6 int his first 8 games, 10 TD's 5 int his second 8 games. He put 29 points up against Dallas, in Dallas. I think if they put some good players around him, and give him an o-line that it half-decent he might be a force to be reckoned with.
you keep spouting this same old narrative, ranking QB's based on defensive ability is abso freaking lutely not how QB's are judged, ranked or graded, nor are they graded based on a win and lost record, not by anyone interested in acquiring there services or there existing teams grades anyway.

I agreed with this much anyway, the rest..... ehhhhh

I don't think he is as bad as people here want to make him out to be. Still young, still learning, and Has crap for support on offense.

people here are harsh on any player from other teams, Fields is no exception :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
10 Jan 2023 23:57
BF004 wrote:

Fields is one of the best athletes in the league. If he had an OC like Greg Roman he could be hugely effective. He’s not that good as a pocket passer, but I don’t think he’s had any good development in that regard either. I do predict the bears fail to ever give him the support he needs, and I predict he gets injured more and more as he gets older and runs more and more to bail them out…but he has the potential to be a winning qb if he had the right coach who knew how to use him. I bet he would be great in an offense like Lamar’s. Dudes a heck of an athlete and has a cannon for an arm.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2023 08:59
you keep spouting this same old narrative, ranking QB's based on defensive ability is abso freaking lutely not how QB's are judged, ranked or graded, nor are they graded based on a win and lost record, not by anyone interested in acquiring there services or there existing teams grades anyway.
Funny, When Cousins was signed by the Vikings, that is the only thing he was judged on. His record. For the most part, it still is.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
11 Jan 2023 18:57
Yoop wrote:
Funny, When Cousins was signed by the Vikings, that is the only thing he was judged on. His record. For the most part, it still is.
Cousins is judged by what time kickoff is
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:
haha, probably why this is the first time ya been to the playoffs in a decade, :lol: obviously the wins make a positive statement, but actual skills is what brings out the ink pen, GM spend a whole lot more time watching game reels then looking at the team he plays for win/lost record, simply because there are so many variables that go into game results that have no bearing on the play of the QB, right?

hope your team does well :aok:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Jan 2023 18:59
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Cousins is judged by what time kickoff is
Which is based on his win/loss record during those times. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Five of these QB's from 2017 are playoff QB's. The 6th's team didn't make it to the playoffs. Can anyone tell me which one didn't make it?

Code: Select all

Cmp	Att	Cmp%	Yds	TD	Rate	Int	DPPG
315	523	60.2	3687	21	84.7	13	16.8
360	561	64.2	4251	28	93.4	14	18.9
347	540	64.3	4093	27	93.9	13	24.3
385	581	66.3	4577	32	102.8	8	18.5
386	536	72.0	4334	23	103.9	8	20.4
325	481	67.6	3547	22	98.3	7	15.7

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, you can't tell me the Players All-Pro is more fair, viable, etc...

It might even be worse.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2023 20:40

It might even be worse.
Just another popularity contest. Why are you surprised?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
11 Jan 2023 21:08
Pckfn23 wrote:

It might even be worse.
I said I was surprised?

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2023 21:17
Raptorman wrote:
11 Jan 2023 21:08
Pckfn23 wrote:

It might even be worse.
I said I was surprised?
No, you got that surprised look on your face in your new Picture. :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Missed when Roquan Smith signed his extension.

5 years for 100 million an $45M guaranteed. Damn lot for an off ball LB.

image.png
image.png (102.7 KiB) Viewed 230 times