Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

paco wrote:
27 Aug 2023 11:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2023 07:36
I don’t think anyone wants Mason just for the fact that he can’t kick off anymore. I think as far as FGs go he’s still plenty fine to drive 50 yarders. I think he does get signed by a team with a struggling kicker at some point this season.

The Crosby disrespect here is insane. Dude was money in the playoffs and a lot of the time those were in unfavorable conditions. He never missed a home FG until that block happened.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/plat ... underrated
Pugger wrote:
27 Aug 2023 09:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
I don’t think anyone wants Mason just for the fact that he can’t kick off anymore. I think as far as FGs go he’s still plenty fine to drive 50 yarders. I think he does get signed by a team with a struggling kicker at some point this season.

The Crosby disrespect here is insane. Dude was money in the playoffs and a lot of the time those were in unfavorable conditions. He never missed a home FG until that block happened.

I don't think anyone here is disrespecting him. He was great at FGs but not so hot at kickoffs. There is a reason he is still unemployed.
I agree with Lupe. I understand people not wanting him now. But the disrespect over his entire career as a Packer is ridiculous. Yes, he had ups and downs, but he was damn good for a long time. The majority of other teams wished they had what we had with him (save a few).
I'm lazy and its about kickers but I really would like to know if the last part is true. Are there that many teams that would say man I wish we had mason Crosby? Outside of maybe 2 or the greatest kickers of all time that thought never crossed my mind saying wow I wish we had that kicker. Just being honest. Mason had an amazing run and won many of big games for us. Could others have done it maybe. I respect his time with us and he was paid handsomely for it.

On a different note in this world is it that freaking hard to find 32 kickers? Or even a guy that could punt and kick? Open up another roster spot if you found that fella

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
27 Aug 2023 16:35
paco wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Pugger wrote:
27 Aug 2023 09:04

I don't think anyone here is disrespecting him. He was great at FGs but not so hot at kickoffs. There is a reason he is still unemployed.
I agree with Lupe. I understand people not wanting him now. But the disrespect over his entire career as a Packer is ridiculous. Yes, he had ups and downs, but he was damn good for a long time. The majority of other teams wished they had what we had with him (save a few).
I'm lazy and its about kickers but I really would like to know if the last part is true. Are there that many teams that would say man I wish we had mason Crosby? Outside of maybe 2 or the greatest kickers of all time that thought never crossed my mind saying wow I wish we had that kicker. Just being honest. Mason had an amazing run and won many of big games for us. Could others have done it maybe. I respect his time with us and he was paid handsomely for it.

On a different note in this world is it that freaking hard to find 32 kickers? Or even a guy that could punt and kick? Open up another roster spot if you found that fella
I'm not going to pull the numbers. But look at the number of kickers some teams have gone through. Some of them rival the Bears and QBs.

If you could find 1 guy to do it all, he'd be out there. Hasn't shown himself yet.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
27 Aug 2023 17:14
Backthepack4ever wrote:
paco wrote:

I'm not going to pull the numbers. But look at the number of kickers some teams have gone through. Some of them rival the Bears and QBs.

If you could find 1 guy to do it all, he'd be out there. Hasn't shown himself yet.
And we didn't stick with Mason Crosby throughout the years because he was reliably great that entire time.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Aug 2023 15:50
Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Aug 2023 14:27
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Aug 2023 14:25
Honestly sad to see Mason begging for a job on Twitter after a long career. But the fact that no one is biting should tell us what we need to know about the thoughts on him around the league
Um, no. I think that Mason is one of the “once a Packer…” guys. I really think it’s that simple. He wants to be a Packer long as he can. And if they close the door, he doesn’t feel compelled to go play someplace else.
Jacke and Longwell are Packers Hall of Famers. Will Crosby be elected as well?
Is there any doubt? He’s the scoring leader. He has more than enough longevity. And, sans a year or two, he’s been one of the most reliable kickers in the league.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:
paco wrote:

George Blanda

OK, Blanda didn’t punt. Seemed like he did everything else. But then, that was a different era.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Aug 2023 19:08
paco wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

George Blanda

OK, Blanda didn’t punt. Seemed like he did everything else. But then, that was a different era.
Nice.

Don Huston wasn't scared to kick a figgy or and extra points after a TD either ha. Point being I would think someone somewhere would be trying to master this.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If we're going to go down this road, plenty of Packers old timers that did some kicking. Hutson, Kramer, Hornung.

But it's isn't done anymore and never will since kicking is bound to be gone in the next 10-20 years.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Honestly sad to see Mason begging for a job on Twitter after a long career. But the fact that no one is biting should tell us what we need to know about the thoughts on him around the league
Um, no. I think that Mason is one of the “once a Packer…” guys. I really think it’s that simple. He wants to be a Packer long as he can. And if they close the door, he doesn’t feel compelled to go play someplace else.
Not a chance in hell he isn’t elected in. His big time playoff kicks get him in for sure by themselves.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
You don't think that if another team offers him a contract he'd turn it down??

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
28 Aug 2023 00:39
Scott4Pack wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Pretty sure Mason has said he'd play other places. If he gets an offer, he'll likely take it.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2023 23:05
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Not a chance in hell he isn’t elected in. His big time playoff kicks get him in for sure by themselves.
Yeah I mean Mason Crosby the longest tenured, most decorated, best leg, and most beloved kicker in Packer history. He is a shoe in.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Crosby is the team's all-time leading scorer. He's in.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

yes, but ya have to admit he was expensive, and like that greedy Rodgers never took a discount contract to help the team bring in gooder receivers :rotfl:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
28 Aug 2023 10:11
lupedafiasco wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

yes, but ya have to admit he was expensive, and like that greedy Rodgers never took a discount contract to help the team bring in gooder receivers :rotfl:
Don't understand the emoji. He WAS expensive, for a kicker. He could have played for free, and it wouldn't have made any difference at the other position(s). Not funny.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Half Empty wrote:
28 Aug 2023 11:04
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Don't understand the emoji. He WAS expensive, for a kicker. He could have played for free, and it wouldn't have made any difference at the other position(s). Not funny.
It's forced laughter to dismiss valid points that he does not like but has no good arguments to defeat.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I was being sarcastic, Kicker is the cheapest producer on the field, no one produces more per penny, no one. so to say a kicker is expensive is to me a JOKE, same with RB, people that complain about the cost of either are just looking for something to belly ache about, please don't bother me with trivialities :rotf: now I like this laughy emoji, but I like this one gooder :rotfl:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

He still wasn't as expensive as some. Probably averaged top 5 most of his career. But was never really the highest paid.

I decided to look up some stats. Kickers are a bit strange. Crosby is 53rde all time in FG%. That's better than Morten Anderson who's a HOFer. Only 1.737% behind Longwell (35th).

He's 13th all time in FG's made (5th in the playoffs). 6th in XPM.

I just don't see what all the fuss is. He was very good for a long time. Had some rough times, especially later in his career. His pay seemed to be in line with what it should have been. He deserves the recognition he's gotten. Doesn't mean we should sign him now. Ok, I'm done defending and talking about Mason now.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Aug 2023 11:20
Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:

It's forced laughter to dismiss valid points that he does not like but has no good arguments to defeat.
no, I'd like to make it clear, it's forced laughter at people complaining about Crosby

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
28 Aug 2023 11:28
Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:

He still wasn't as expensive as some. Probably averaged top 5 most of his career. But was never really the highest paid.

I decided to look up some stats. Kickers are a bit strange. Crosby is 53rde all time in FG%. That's better than Morten Anderson who's a HOFer. Only 1.737% behind Longwell (35th).

He's 13th all time in FG's made (5th in the playoffs). 6th in XPM.

I just don't see what all the fuss is. He was very good for a long time. Had some rough times, especially later in his career. His pay seemed to be in line with what it should have been. He deserves the recognition he's gotten. Doesn't mean we should sign him now. Ok, I'm done defending and talking about Mason now.
thanks Paco, Crosby was so much better then some here are willing to admit. :aok:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
28 Aug 2023 00:39
Scott4Pack wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I don’t really know. I just think Crosby is a Packer for life. Even with that, if only one other team offers him a chance to play and the Pack doesn’t, I wouldn’t rule it out. But I think he really wants GB.