Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:26
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:13
Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:06
I doubt you know many like that, I don't know any, and I can here you just fine, AGAIN YOUR BLOWING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION.

and how do you suppose to stop it? also could be some fans have a hardship year, and have to sell there tickets that particular season, and now ya want to strip them of there rights to own those tickets, :thwap:

I don't care if they can tell who's selling them, just try getting it toi work in a court of law, it's never going to happen
I don't care if it is many, 1 is too many.

You are making up random scenarios that I am not even remotely talking about. If you can "here" me, you certainly are not understanding or even trying... If a season ticket holders main goal in owning those tickets is as a revenue stream they should lose their tickets.

They don't have a right to own the tickets. That's not a right... it's an opportunity.

Simple solution. Season tickets are now digital. For families that go in, names of those family members or possible friends that would use those tickets go on a list each year. If you transfer the majority of your tickets to someone outside that list for multiple years in a row, say 3, you lose your tickets.

Easily spelled out in terms of service and 100% legal.
I hear you fine, my point is that I doubt what your saying is happening, again I could see that happening under hardship conditions as I stated, but doubt it continues year after year or 3 years straight as your saying.

again you'll take a persons rights away simply because you think they've abused them, no freaking way will the people that run Lambeau do this stuff.
Again, I know for a verifiable fact it happens. A very good friend of mine owns season tickets with his family. They have done so for 50 years and moved seats about 15 years ago. They never sell their tickets outside the family, meaning there is always a family member in at least 1 of those seats. They are 2 seats on the aisle, 10 yard northeast side, about row 25. The 2 seats to their immediate right has NEVER had the ticket owner in those seats and more often than not they are opposing fans. I have sat with him about 7 times over the years and every time I have been there it has been opposing fans.

Owning season tickets isn't a right.

If "fans" who own season tickets and are selling them for profit they need to lose their tickets. The teams has the means to do it and should start policing it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:33
Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:28
APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:12

Would never reach a judge if terms of service were violated.
keep holding your breath waiting on those terms.
Packers, Inc set the terms of service, not the fans or judges. They can include whatever clauses they determine to be not detrimental to their product. Unfortunately, to this point all Packers Inc cares about is a half frozen butt in the seat, regardless of whose jersey they're wearing which is the reason for my OP statement.
and that is why this will never happen, I went to games during the 70's and 80's , I could show up and buy a ticket any time I wanted, why because there where empty seats all over the stadium, the team has always honored season ticket holders and know full well that they can't always afford or for other reasons attend every game, your pissing up a rope here if you think there going to start forcing your wishes on them.

and a bunch of non Packer fans in those seats is not detrimental to there product, they just bug you.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:35
gain, I know for a verifiable fact it happens. A very good friend of mine owns season tickets with his family. They have done so for 50 years and moved seats about 15 years ago. They never sell their tickets outside the family, meaning there is always a family member in at least 1 of those seats. They are 2 seats on the aisle, 10 yard northeast side, about row 25. The 2 seats to their immediate right has NEVER had the ticket owner in those seats and more often than not they are opposing fans. I have sat with him about 7 times over the years and every time I have been there it has been opposing fans.

Owning season tickets isn't a right.

If "fans" who own season tickets and are selling them for profit they need to lose their tickets. The teams has the means to do it and should start policing it.
how about if it's not for profit, is it OK then? I had zero problems ever with opposing fans, in fact Bears fans came with me and we both bought from Packer fans, and sat together with empty seats all over the place.

this conversation is so insane, your just pissed ioff because you don't have your season tickets yet, and thats if you can ever afford them anyway.

this is such a control issue, you and APB want to force what you want on others, want to strip anyone who doesn't use there tickets and for any reason if they can't attend even a couple games, I'am so glad the people in charge of this stuff don't have the mind set of either of you or anyone else that thinks something like this is a good idea, good day.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We have explained our views very clearly and as always you are refusing to truly read and understand them and instead are making things up and attributing those idiotic fabrications to us.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 16:18
We have explained our views very clearly and as always you are refusing to truly read and understand them and instead are making things up and attributing those idiotic fabrications to us.
Sorry, I mis understood the sell for profit part. :oops:
again I do not believe that we have as many ticket holders using them to make a profit as you and some others seem to, are there some, sure, and I wouldn't support that, however I also know season ticket holders that have been forced to sell theirs because of Illness for over a season, again 2450 bucks a season will strap a mid level income, times 4, and ya can't pay the bills, Fans have hardships, Packers Inc. understands that, I just don't see this ever happening.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Gotta agree with APB and 23. Season tickets should be held by the fans of the team. Not to someone trying to make money from them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I don’t want to see it happen, but once this team starts losing seats will swap quickly. Many who have them now and profit from them kind of hit the market at the right time. Packers have been very relevant for 3 decades. Get some tickets passed to them from an aging die hard and all they e ever known is winning.

Or they didn’t really care and saw dollar signs and have cashed in. When the winning stops and demand dies down, both those sets of people won’t hang on to their tickets with all the fees when they don’t get the winning they want or the cash they desire.

I don’t think they have the fortitude of the fans that made our fans great.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

What would you do if you bought season tickets and a year later your career forced you to move to Dallas or wherever?

Sell the season or hope you can see 1 game a year in Lambeau? Let the seats be empty for 16 games or sell the 16 games and hope you can move back to Green Bay some day?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Jan 2024 09:28
What would you do if you bought season tickets and a year later your career forced you to move to Dallas or wherever?

Sell the season or hope you can see 1 game a year in Lambeau? Let the seats be empty for 16 games or sell the 16 games and hope you can move back to Green Bay some day?
Given the demand, be forced to give them up.

Keep the bar low, you must attend two games, i.e., two tickets on the season can’t be transferred. Should be easy to track with the new mobile structure.

Either swallow a bunch of dead money, or give them up to someone who will hopefully use them.

They should go to fans who will at least occasionally use them, not people living in Dallas who just flip them all.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

as long as there not being held to sell for profit, which as has been said can be found out, then leave it alone.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Jan 2024 09:28

I’d give the biggest games to my friends living in the area, ie, Bears Vikings and then biggest draw teams . Sell the rest. Hope to make at least 1 myself

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 17:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 16:18
Sorry, I mis understood the sell for profit part. :oops:
again I do not believe that we have as many ticket holders using them to make a profit as you and some others seem to, are there some, sure, and I wouldn't support that, however I also know season ticket holders that have been forced to sell theirs because of Illness for over a season, again 2450 bucks a season will strap a mid level income, times 4, and ya can't pay the bills, Fans have hardships, Packers Inc. understands that, I just don't see this ever happening.
So you're arguing APB and Pckfn23 saying they are supporting policy to fight a small number of fans and counter it with why to not implement policy for an every smaller section of the fans.

Of course there will always be outliers. Illness, etc. is an outlier. I am sure that can be easily remedied. Call the ticket office. Explain your situation and I am sure the Packers would be happy to make an exception for a couple seasons. But if that turns into 5+ seasons...again...probably just time to give them up.

All tickets are now electronic. You can easily track the ticket of the original holder. If the original holder is constantly putting their ticket on broker sites and subsequently transferring them...it is very, very easy to see the intent is not to see the game and is instead to use grandpas's tickets as a cash flow stream.

And I agree. The Packers especially are a non profit, for the fans, organization. Using legacy season tickets from grandpa to support side income streams is not what the Packers are about.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 11:44
So you're arguing APB and Pckfn23 saying they are supporting policy to fight a small number of fans and counter it with why to not implement policy for an every smaller section of the fans.
as I said I mis understood them, also that season ticket holders selling for profit imho is over blown, and your right, in fact I know of situations where the Packers allowed hardship selling of season tickets, also pretty sure that extends to suite leases.

can you just imagine yourself waiting years and then finally getting them, only to have them taken away a few years later do to a financial hard ship, I can't, because I just can't see our team doing that to a fan.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jan 2024 12:11
can you just imagine yourself waiting years and then finally getting them, only to have them taken away a few years later do to a financial hard ship, I can't, because I just can't see our team doing that to a fan.
Not the scenario being talked about...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 12:29
Yoop wrote:
where in this twitter feed does it talk about the Dolphins only restricting tickets to people who sell theirs for profits, it doesn't, so I disagree with this on face value, and I disagreed with you and APB because you did agree, initially anyway, once you revised your position, then fine I went along.

Dolphins fans who are season ticket holders are now getting disciplined by the club for selling their tickets to Bills fans. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
go read the rest of that trash 2 pages back

look I'am not interested in rehashing this with you or anyone, you know my position now very well.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jan 2024 12:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
where in this twitter feed does it talk about the Dolphins only restricting tickets to people who sell theirs for profits, it doesn't, so I disagree with this on face value, and I disagreed with you and APB because you did agree, initially anyway, once you revised your position, then fine I went along.

Dolphins fans who are season ticket holders are now getting disciplined by the club for selling their tickets to Bills fans. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

look I'am not interested in rehashing this with you or anyone, you know my position now very well.
We have gone beyond the Dolphins tweet and have been talking about the Packers specifically. As you say it has been 2 pages... You continue to misrepresent our position.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Not even close. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 12:48
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

We have gone beyond the Dolphins tweet and have been talking about the Packers specifically. As you say it has been 2 pages... You continue to misrepresent our position.
your original positions was a response to that tweet, for goodness sakes APB you endorsed that tweet, my response was because you endorsed it as it was written :thwap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jan 2024 12:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 12:48
Yoop wrote:

your original positions was a response to that tweet, for goodness sakes APB you endorsed that tweet, my response was because you endorsed it as it was written :thwap:
Then we explained our position in more detail as it pertained to the Packers, fairly quickly. You refused to understand that more detailed position.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I literally have no idea what yoop is talking about or what yoop's position is. :idn:

APB and Pckf23's positions were clear from the start. Create a policy to limit the level of fans who can buy and hold Packers season tickets (especially from legacy tickets) solely for the purpose of generating a profit with no real intent of ever going to a game.

For a non profit organization like Green Bay who's sole mission is to provide a community and football product for the City of Green Bay and its fans...this seems like a reasonable policy. Especially because the only tickets the organization sells are season tickets and the tickets themselves are a limited commodity in demand.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.