Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Nov 2021 07:16
That flag on the Chicago player last week was ridiculous and, if anything, that official should have been punished for antagonistically backing into the player and creating contact. Funny, I haven't seen anything of a league response to that.
I hate the officiating as much as anyone, but the reason the official threw that flag has to do with intimidation, why did that player take a path so close to the official that a simple buttocks back movement from the official would cause that player to bump him? thats something to consider, my seem childish to us, but where not the guys assigned to manage the emotions of these players.

2 cents

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 08:06
APB wrote:
That flag on the Chicago player last week was ridiculous and, if anything, that official should have been punished for antagonistically backing into the player and creating contact. Funny, I haven't seen anything of a league response to that.
I hate the officiating as much as anyone, but the reason the official threw that flag has to do with intimidation, why did that player take a path so close to the official that a simple buttocks back movement from the official would cause that player to bump him? thats something to consider, my seem childish to us, but where not the guys assigned to manage the emotions of these players.

2 cents
Yet, if a player touches an official on purpose, they are ejected. Sorry, it's a BS argument. As was the taunting call. I could call taunting on every play.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
19 Nov 2021 09:37
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

2 cents
Yet, if a player touches an official on purpose, they are ejected. Sorry, it's a BS argument. As was the taunting call. I could call taunting on every play.
granted some of the calls are BS, but the pendulum always swings past center upon correction, when players try to intimidate refs and others this will keep happening, and will diminish when the league feels the message has been received.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 09:52
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

2 cents
granted some of the calls are BS, but the pendulum always swings past center upon correction, when players try to intimidate refs and others this will keep happening, and will diminish when the league feels the message has been received.
The "player" said nothing to no one. And was still called. It was a BS call period. And believe me, if it had been a Packer player called, you would be pissed.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
19 Nov 2021 10:36
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

The "player" said nothing to no one. And was still called. It was a BS call period. And believe me, if it had been a Packer player called, you would be pissed.
sure I would, but thats not the point, it doesn't matter what we think, also you have no idea what that player said, and if you don't think some of the celebrating was/is taunting, fine, but it is happening.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

2 cents
Wait...you're placing blame for this contact on the player??

You're saying the player was trying to intimidate the ref there? Are you kidding?? Are we watching the same play??

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:18
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

2 cents
Wait...you're placing blame for this contact on the player??

You're saying the player was trying to intimidate the ref there? Are you kidding?? Are we watching the same play??
ya, I actually am, the ref isn't required to get out of the players way, it's up to the player to give the ref room, he took a collision path if the ref moved backward, was it intentional of the ref to move back, who knows, but it wouldn't have mattered what the ref did if the player took a little wider path.

I bet this player never runs up the ass of a ref again.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:37
he took a collision path if the ref moved backward,
So players should not only take paths that avoid the ref, they also need to read the mind of refs to determine which direction they may or may not move so as to avoid contact at all costs. Even when the ref makes a sudden and clearly intentional movement to place himself directly in the way of said player and goes so far as to extend his body parts to ensure contact.

:messedup: :roll:

This argument is so absurd it's not even worth having. You can't argue...well, nevermind.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 11:27
Raptorman wrote:
19 Nov 2021 10:36
Yoop wrote:

sure I would, but thats not the point, it doesn't matter what we think, also you have no idea what that player said, and if you don't think some of the celebrating was/is taunting, fine, but it is happening.
He didn't say anything. Even the ref admitted that.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Khalil Mack done for the year. Has that deal worked out for the Bears or not? I say not.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
19 Nov 2021 13:17
Khalil Mack done for the year. Has that deal worked out for the Bears or not? I say not.
Funnily, I think both teams lost in that trade. :rotf: The Raiders failed to pick difference-makers with those two first rounders. Da Bears essentially got one pass rusher for the price of two or three. They paid not only the picks, but gave him 90M guaranteed. We paid one pick for Gary and combined 36M guaranteed for the Smiths.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:44
Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:37
he took a collision path if the ref moved backward,
So players should not only take paths that avoid the ref, they also need to read the mind of refs to determine which direction they may or may not move so as to avoid contact at all costs. Even when the ref makes a sudden and clearly intentional movement to place himself directly in the way of said player and goes so far as to extend his body parts to ensure contact.

:messedup: :roll:

This argument is so absurd it's not even worth having. You can't argue...well, nevermind.
actually the hip check, was the ref saying, your guilty and here's a reminder, don't mess with me you punk :lol: bumping the ref didn't bring the flag, it was already coming out for his taunting the side lines of his old team, posturing, OK sorta chicken &%$@, but these refs are going to keep calling this stuff till the players quit doing it.

Monday night's controversial taunting flag has received further justification from the league office.

NFL senior VP of officiating Perry Fewell addressed the taunting flag during his weekly video reviewing a collection of penalties across the league. In the video, Fewell was direct in his explanation of the penalty, supporting referee Tony Corrente's judgment in throwing a flag on Bears defender Cassius Marsh.

"In Chicago versus Pittsburgh, Bears No. 59 is penalized for taunting," Fewell explained in a video posted to Twitter. "He takes several steps toward the Pittsburgh bench, posturing toward their sideline. Taunting is a point of emphasis to promote sportsmanship and respect for opponents. This was recommended by the competition committee and coaches."

As Fewell indicated in the video, Marsh's decision to posture toward Pittsburgh's sideline -- the area of the field containing the majority of players Marsh called teammates just a week earlier -- was the final straw, prompting Corrente to throw a flag. Fewell's explanation also sides with Corrente's postgame explanation for the penalty, which many wondered was the result of contact made by Corrente and Marsh in passing. The flag was not, as Corrente said and Fewell supported, due to the incidental contact.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-svp-of-off ... ssius-mars

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

It's a shame we'll miss TBLS because the Lions also play a Noon game. I wish that guy all the best. Because he's a good guy, and I don't want the Lions to have the 1st pick...

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 15:57
It's a shame we'll miss TBLS because the Lions also play a Noon game. I wish that guy all the best. Because he's a good guy, and I don't want the Lions to have the 1st pick...
I don't care if they get the 1st pick they'll certainly do something epically Lion like and blow it. But I'd love to see the TBLS light up the sky!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raven's Lamar Jackson ruled out this week due to non-Covid illness. Looks like Chicago may catch a break and steal a win from what should have surely been a loss. You watch, they'll still choke...

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 11:48
Raven's Lamar Jackson ruled out this week due to non-Covid illness. Looks like Chicago may catch a break and steal a win from what should have surely been a loss. You watch, they'll still choke...
Lions and Bears lose.

GB still has the inside track for the NFCN. To me that is always #1.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

When the Saints pay this guy all this money, who are they bidding against?
Attachments
2CD3269B-3F5B-42E4-8495-6DD29EA26930.jpeg
2CD3269B-3F5B-42E4-8495-6DD29EA26930.jpeg (362.05 KiB) Viewed 200 times
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

My question was based on the 25-30million number. Still seems outrageous.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 15:57
From RotoWorld:
In his brief time on the field this season, Tim Boyle is both posting the lowest average depth of target and uncorking the highest percentage of interceptable passes. That is very hard to do.
Love me some TBLS but...ouch.