Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Willink wrote:
24 Jan 2021 18:07
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:59
Anyone actually.... watching the AFC game? I'm struggling to care.
I am, live in Rochester and am a Buffalo Sabres fan, family are Bills fans. This is the best team they've had since 1993 and can definitely see them winning it all. City will be lit on fire if they win. Definitely rooting for them here.
I've always said to myself if wasn't a packers fan I'd be a Buffalo fan, because they're been trash so long.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Jan 2021 18:14
Willink wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:59
Anyone actually.... watching the AFC game? I'm struggling to care.
I am, live in Rochester and am a Buffalo Sabres fan, family are Bills fans. This is the best team they've had since 1993 and can definitely see them winning it all. City will be lit on fire if they win. Definitely rooting for them here.
I've always said to myself if wasn't a packers fan I'd be a Buffalo fan, because they're been trash so long.
Then you should absolutely love the Lions...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

standing back from being a Packer fan for a second and knowing the likely-hood of things happening... Can you imagine an offseason with Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford, and Aaron Rodgers all wanting out of their respective cities and forcing teams' hands? IF Rodgers gets added to this mix, things are going to get crazy fast. Plus add in guys like Trubisky, Garroppollo, and Dak? Cap is a mess for tons of teams. Going to make for an interesting offseason.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Nick Goss
Wed, January 27, 2021, 12:54 PM
NFL rumors: Lions have taken Matthew Stafford trade calls from this many teams originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

Matthew Stafford is ready to part ways with the Detroit Lions this offseason, and interest in the veteran quarterback appears to be quite high.

How many teams have shown some level of interest in trading for Stafford? NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reported an update on the talks during an NFL Network appearance Wednesday morning.

“The Lions immediately began fielding calls from teams interested,” Rapoport said. “From what I understand, almost a third of the league has called the Lions -- significant interest in Matthew Stafford. (Detroit) should be able to get at least a first-rounder there from wherever he goes.”

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
28 Jan 2021 07:04
Nick Goss
Wed, January 27, 2021, 12:54 PM
NFL rumors: Lions have taken Matthew Stafford trade calls from this many teams originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

Matthew Stafford is ready to part ways with the Detroit Lions this offseason, and interest in the veteran quarterback appears to be quite high.

How many teams have shown some level of interest in trading for Stafford? NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reported an update on the talks during an NFL Network appearance Wednesday morning.

“The Lions immediately began fielding calls from teams interested,” Rapoport said. “From what I understand, almost a third of the league has called the Lions -- significant interest in Matthew Stafford. (Detroit) should be able to get at least a first-rounder there from wherever he goes.”
I read somewhere yesterday that his trade value as it relates to draft value is 1400, obviously some of you know where that value slots up, to me it seems like more then just a 1st round pick, the problems with Stafford and Detroit had more to do with Detroit then Stafford, the article had comments from Barry Sanders, who decided to just retire rather then push for a trade, his issue is the same as Staffords, the team simply will not spend to fill out the roster, or when it does the GM misses on his picks or FA players.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Jan 2021 06:38
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Jan 2021 18:14
Willink wrote:

Then you should absolutely love the Lions...
not the same though, at least Buffalo has been to the dance, 4 times in fact, Buffalo = the Vikings, Detroit is much worse, they havn't been to a dance since you where born :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Never really made this connection, but I think now that it has been made for me, the likelihood of the cap staying flat just moved up considerably in my book.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, is everyone’s strategy right now we underachieved last year so we should ditch our veteran QB.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Maybe it's "we've had the best QB and underachieved year after year, so maybe it's time to stop doing the same thing and expecting different results"? I don't think the general consensus is 'drop AR because they flamed out this year'.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Half Empty wrote:
28 Jan 2021 12:06
Maybe it's "we've had the best QB and underachieved year after year, so maybe it's time to stop doing the same thing and expecting different results"? I don't think the general consensus is 'drop AR because they flamed out this year'.
BF is talking other teams in general, not the Packers.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
28 Jan 2021 09:23
:rotf:
OMG Bears. Cousins isn't gonna win you a SuperBowl anymore than he did for Minnesota. Dumb! :nono:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi