General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow, those numbers are no joke.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Is there a chance we will have Tyler Ervin in two weeks or is he confirmed done, done.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
05 Jan 2021 18:54
Is there a chance we will have Tyler Ervin in two weeks or is he confirmed done, done.
He's eligible to return.

Tom Pelissero tweeted that his foot injury suffered on Dec 6th likely takes a month to heal. So it's possible, depends on the recovery.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
Is there a chance we will have Tyler Ervin in two weeks
same question on Raven Greene ? any info updates ?
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
05 Jan 2021 20:27
NCF wrote:
Is there a chance we will have Tyler Ervin in two weeks
same question on Raven Greene ? any info updates ?
Oh yeah, him too, definitely.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Charles Woodson has been named one of 15 finalists for HOF induction along with Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, and Jared Allen as far as first year eligibility voting is concerned. LeRoy Butler is also on the list as a repeat finalist. Other repeat finalists include cornerback Ronde Barber, tackle Tony Boselli, guard Alan Faneca, wide receiver Torry Holt, safety John Lynch, linebacker Clay Matthews Jr., linebacker Sam Mills, defensive lineman Richard Seymour, linebacker Zach Thomas and wide receiver Reggie Wayne.

Unfortunately for Butler, I feel like Woodson’s presence on the list does not bode well for him despite them being different eras. With new inductions limited to 5, I just don’t see this being his year despite his HOF credentials.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Seems like we have our playoff mantra.

RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2021 09:08
That works...but I'm rolling with IT IS TIME in a nod to Kevin Green's famous Super Bowl line.
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2021 09:50
paco wrote:
That works...but I'm rolling with IT IS TIME in a nod to Kevin Green's famous Super Bowl line.
IT IS TIME for 69!

Playoff mantra and inuendo

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2021 08:23
Charles Woodson has been named one of 15 finalists for HOF induction along with Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, and Jared Allen as far as first year eligibility voting is concerned. LeRoy Butler is also on the list as a repeat finalist. Other repeat finalists include cornerback Ronde Barber, tackle Tony Boselli, guard Alan Faneca, wide receiver Torry Holt, safety John Lynch, linebacker Clay Matthews Jr., linebacker Sam Mills, defensive lineman Richard Seymour, linebacker Zach Thomas and wide receiver Reggie Wayne.

Unfortunately for Butler, I feel like Woodson’s presence on the list does not bode well for him despite them being different eras. With new inductions limited to 5, I just don’t see this being his year despite his HOF credentials.
In my humble Green Bay Packers fan, shareholder and season ticket holder opinion that I fully realize carries zero weight with the so called Pro Football Hall of Fame voters .............. :argue:

Here is proper list for PFHOF induction: Leroy Butler, Charles Woodson, Peyton Manning, Tony Boselli, and that's it. Only 4 on my list.

The 5th guy should be any of the following: Sterling Sharpe, Gale Gillingham, Lavvie Dilweg, Verne Lewellen, Billy Howton, Jack Vainisi.

https://www.packers.com/news/verne-lewe ... n-20381335

https://www.si.com/nfl/talkoffame/nfl/b ... tball-hall

Sterling Sharpe and Billy Howton should go in BEFORE any other receivers go in.

Again........just my humble Green Bay Packers fan, shareholder and season ticket holder's opinion.

PACKERS LIVES MATTER
There I said it! That's what you wanted me to say, right?
:rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Four players finished as @PFF's highest-graded players at their respective positions.

QB: Aaron Rodgers - 94.5
WR: Davante Adams - 92.2
C: Corey Linsley - 89.9
CB: Jaire Alexander - 90.5
#notenoughblues
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I really don't want to lose Linsley, I think he is my FA priority #1.

One of the last things Ted did before stepping down, was extending both Davante and Linsley, in like December if I recall. Not bad decisions.

So lets just say you could sign any of Jones, Linsley or King, any of them would sign a 3 year 39 million deal, which I think is actually realistic. How would everyone rank them?

King the worst player at the most important position with really no depth whatsoever.

Linsley might be the best player, 2nd most important position, where we do have reasonable alternatives on roster.

Jones might be the best player, probably least important position where we did just invest a 2nd round.

I feel like we've seen the last decade what it is like when you have liabilities at CB's, almost insurmountable to field a competent D.

I feel like we've seen when we've had liabilities on the interior OL, worst offenses we've ever had and lead to our HC being fired.

I feel like we've seen what we've had with marginal RB talent, we won a Super and went 15-1 the next year. We were still playing in January nearly every year even with bad RB's.

Take that for what you will.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:10
Four players finished as @PFF's highest-graded players at their respective positions.

QB: Aaron Rodgers - 94.5
WR: Davante Adams - 92.2
C: Corey Linsley - 89.9
CB: Jaire Alexander - 90.5
#notenoughblues
After the vicious forum regulars shut that down, a bigger topic of conversation this offseason was #notenoughreds. That is actually more impressive to me where we are now vs where we thought we were a few months back. I was never worried about the top of our roster.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:22
So lets just say you could sign any of Jones, Linsley or King, any of them would sign a 3 year 39 million deal, which I think is actually realistic. How would everyone rank them?
I can't go through that exercise because I don't think you can make those decisions in a vacuum. So, not playing your game, but just sticking to my guns, I find a way to re-sign both Linsley and Jones and there is almost no price I would consider bringing Kevin King back for. He's not horrible, he's not fantastic, but the ship has sailed.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:

One of the last things Ted did before stepping down, was extending both Davante and Linsley, in like December if I recall. Not bad decisions.

King the worst player at the most important position with really no depth whatsoever.

Linsley might be the best player, 2nd most important position, where we do have reasonable alternatives on roster.

Jones might be the best player, probably least important position where we did just invest a 2nd round.

I feel like we've seen the last decade what it is like when you have liabilities at CB's, almost insurmountable to field a competent D.

I feel like we've seen when we've had liabilities on the interior OL, worst offenses we've ever had and lead to our HC being fired.

I feel like we've seen what we've had with marginal RB talent, we won a Super and went 15-1 the next year. We were still playing in January nearly every year even with bad RB's.

I'm with you. Linsley is more important now than I ever thought. I was very wrong about his impact. I said we could have dumped him last year if needed. He makes the line so much better. It's tough to have to pay that many guys on the line, but Turner won't be around too much longer. We need to keep Linsley.

After him it's a big gap back to....Jones? I think. I like the kid, but hate paying RBs, even though he's more than that. But William and Dillon have proven they can be just as effective in this offense when given the chance.

I'm done with King at that kind of deal. I'll take him back on another lower end prove it deal if he strikes out in free agency. But he's got to show up big in the playoffs. Time to get a few INTs and learn to tackle.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:23
After the vicious forum regulars shut that down, a bigger topic of conversation this offseason was #notenoughreds. That is actually more impressive to me where we are now vs where we thought we were a few months back. I was never worried about the top of our roster.
Yeah, I remember some talk about our lack of upper middle class in the rank the roster series, you're right.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:

Hard to pay Cs or RBs. King isn't worth anything close to $13M/year. So at THAT price? They all walk.

I'd pay Jones very close to that, though.

Linsley is important, but you can find a great C on Day Three (as Linsley was), you can put Jenkins there and put Lane Taylor at OG or 2nd-year Runyan at OG. There are a lot of options to fill that.

CB will be our biggest need heading into the offseason, so I say draft 2--one early, one late. Cross your fingers and trust the process.

Remember that King and Alexander both missed time this year and the backups weren't bad.

But it's not an accident that the big FAs upcoming are at two of the least "valuable" positions in football

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:33
NCF wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:23
Yeah, I remember some talk about our lack of upper middle class in the rank the roster series, you're right.
Sure, both didn't really hold much water though. It all revolved around the notion that if they were not blue or red during the offseason they couldn't get there during the season.

There was and is still a contingent that bemoans the "lack" of star power.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:38
I think that was fair on defense until Alexander solidified his spot as a superstar this season. Kenny, Z, and Jaire make a nice group. You still would really love a second-level player to join that group, but we are still a long ways away from that.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2021 13:38
I think that was fair on defense until Alexander solidified his spot as a superstar this season. Kenny, Z, and Jaire make a nice group. You still would really love a second-level player to join that group, but we are still a long ways away from that.
Amos, Savage definitely in that 2nd level player group.

Preston took a step down.