Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I dunno.

This doesn't look like a guy too terribly upset about some trade rumor...

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Half Empty wrote:
30 Aug 2023 13:48
BSA wrote:
30 Aug 2023 10:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Aug 2023 10:49
no harm in inquiring.
Gute said on several occasions " we'll be in on every available player discussion"
That was him telling other players/ agents: there's a new regime in Titletown
Since Gute's been here since '18, who is the new regime?
Maybe it should say "Who isn't the new regime?" ANSWER: Aaron Rodgers. :beer2:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
31 Aug 2023 06:11
Half Empty wrote:
30 Aug 2023 13:48
BSA wrote:
30 Aug 2023 10:52

Gute said on several occasions " we'll be in on every available player discussion"
That was him telling other players/ agents: there's a new regime in Titletown
Since Gute's been here since '18, who is the new regime?
Maybe it should say "Who isn't the new regime?" ANSWER: Aaron Rodgers. :beer2:
+ Cobb, Lewis and basically anyone who won't be here in 3 years

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Green Bay Packers were among five teams that attempted to claim wide receiver/tight end Elijah Higgins off waivers on Wednesday. Higgins, a rookie out of Stanford, was awarded to the Arizona Cardinals, who has the highest waiver claim priority based on 2022 record.

Higgins (6-3, 235) was a sixth-round pick of the Miami Dolphins. Given his athleticism and size, Higgins was in the middle of a transition from receiver to tight end when the Dolphins released him during final cuts.
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
31 Aug 2023 10:07
The Green Bay Packers were among five teams that attempted to claim wide receiver/tight end Elijah Higgins off waivers on Wednesday. Higgins, a rookie out of Stanford, was awarded to the Arizona Cardinals, who has the highest waiver claim priority based on 2022 record.

Higgins (6-3, 235) was a sixth-round pick of the Miami Dolphins. Given his athleticism and size, Higgins was in the middle of a transition from receiver to tight end when the Dolphins released him during final cuts.
I was honestly surprised we didn't grab him in the 7th or UDFA in the first place. Such a MLF crush type of player that may become a longtime NFL role player or wash completely out by the end of his rookie contract.

Also, the Cardinals made SIX waiver claims. SIX. Insane

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Aug 2023 11:13
I was honestly surprised we didn't grab him in the 7th or UDFA in the first place.
Higgins went in the 6th, so GB would have to forego DL Karl Brooks to snag him
I'd take Karl Brooks 10 times out of 10, especially with the benefit of seeing Brooks play in preseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
31 Aug 2023 11:33
YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Aug 2023 11:13
I was honestly surprised we didn't grab him in the 7th or UDFA in the first place.
Higgins went in the 6th, so GB would have to forego DL Karl Brooks to snag him
I'd take Karl Brooks 10 times out of 10, especially with the benefit of seeing Brooks play in preseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/
Dang, Miami cutting a 6th round pick in the first camp and losing the guy...

And yeah, Karl Brooks was on my "five guys I most want to draft" list, so I'm with ya.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

There's a substantial investigation going on right now into the cheating by the Cardinals and Steve Keim during his suspension.
( they used burner phones provided by Bidwell to communicate with Keim)

So what does this have to do with the Green Bay Packers ?
Well, see the photo below. On the NFL's website page talking about the Integrity of the Game ( serious stuff) they show a picture of Lambeau Field.

And that's not just a random coincidence. 8-)

https://operations.nfl.com/inside-footb ... -the-game/

"Lambeau Field is an iconic and venerable venue, a place where you can envision the legends of the game lining up and speaking to each other.
To some, it represents a time of purity in the game."
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I miss those early career Chris Berman/Tom Jackson football highlight shows. They were so good together in their prime as highlight/analysis post-game commentators. They got old, it got old, and the world is a worse place.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
01 Sep 2023 15:11
I miss those early career Chris Berman/Tom Jackson football highlight shows. They were so good together in their prime as highlight/analysis post-game commentators. They got old, it got old, and the world is a worse place.
They have become a dividing line. If you aren’t old enough to remember those great times, I’m not sure we can be friends.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Aaron Jones had time on Saturday to attend a UTEP home game. I was just up the road at the NMSU game in Las Cruces. Got home to hear that Jones was reported on the local stations. I think his parents might still live in El Paso, but I’m not sure.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
01 Sep 2023 15:13
APB wrote:
They have become a dividing line. If you aren’t old enough to remember those great times, I’m not sure we can be friends.
And going even further back in time, how about the MNF games with Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford and Dandy Don Meredith? Quite the combination of characters. "Turn out the lights, the party's over".

It won't be long now. Thursday Night Football (TNF) will be here soon. KC vs. Detroit.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
APB wrote:
Was old enough. Just not rich enough to be able to get the coveted cable. :cry:

I remember pulling up the NFL Game Center with dial up and trying to get slow updates 35 minutes behind at the farm.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
04 Sep 2023 22:13
NCF wrote:
APB wrote:
Was old enough. Just not rich enough to be able to get the coveted cable. :cry:

I remember pulling up the NFL Game Center with dial up and trying to get slow updates 35 minutes behind at the farm.
Off topic: I remember we couldn't get cable outside of town, so my Dad got one of those big analog satellite dishes around 1991 or so. If it was too windy, the dish would start to oscillate and wreck the signal. If we got freezing rain, the linear actuator would get stuck (and sometimes burn out) locking us on one satellite. I think it was satellite G-5 that carried the popular channels. Every Monday morning before school, I'd flip to ESPN to try to catch the Packers highlights.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

BF004 wrote:
01 Sep 2023 13:57
Fun game to attend at the Ol' Sombrero.

Ended up staying in the same hotel as the Pack, where Eugene Robinson hit on my wife.

Deluge hit right before kickoff and then it got scorching hot.

Remember Antonio Freeman catching a fumble in mid air and almost taking it in for a TD.

Had a nice time chatting up some of Keith Jackson's relatives sitting near us and the attendance was overwhelmingly Green & Gold by halftime.

Saw the Pack crush the Seahawks in the KIngdome that season as well.

1996 was a fun, fun ride.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Packers current unofficial depth chart...
image.png
image.png (46.89 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
image.png
image.png (46.77 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
image.png
image.png (18.08 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Why do people react to the depth charts when they're published? It's a website PR responsibility, not a coaching staff responsibility. They know about what we know if you follow media access.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Sep 2023 18:03
Why do people react to the depth charts when they're published? It's a website PR responsibility, not a coaching staff responsibility. They know about what we know if you follow media access.
Because there were like 6 other posts today, could stir some discussion…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Sep 2023 18:03
RIP JustJeff