2022 Bold Predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

LombardiTime wrote:
07 Sep 2022 18:11
One of the Packer's starting WRs and/or the starting TE in playoff game number 1 is not currently on the active roster (or on the practice squad).
Attachments
image.gif
image.gif (926.57 KiB) Viewed 619 times

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We will make running the ball with a great QB, cheap receivers, a forgotten Oline, and undervalued run blocking a thing.

Feb 2023 - "can GB bring back SB roster under cap duress?!"

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

None of the supposed top 3 receivers, Cobb, Lazard or Watkins is a starter at the end of the season and none start in any playoff game despite being healthy for the playoffs. All 3 are gone next season.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Matt LaFluer and the Packers win the NFC Championship game.
Love is the answer…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love the people in here acting like trashing the WRs is bold. Like oh how bold, you agree with 90% of the football fans on twitter that the Packers' receiving corps needs help or will change.

That's... basic. Nothing interesting about it. Just following the crowd.

I'm tripling down on the fact that our WR room is not only fine, but will finish the season darn good--as a strength. Numerous columns will be written looking back on frets about the WR room and laughing because it turns out that was fine all along.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Kenny Clark blossoms in a more pass rushing role. With our corners making things tough for WRs, Kenny gets double digit sacks.

mnpackfan
Reactions:

Post by mnpackfan »

Romeo Doubs will arguably have a more productive year than Davante Adams. :) :banana:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

hard to think of something bold, we have so many under achievers that could blossom, or become even better then they have been

Both Dillon and Jones run for a 1000 yrds, not really bold since they came so close last year, however if Lafluers wish comes true and they catch 50 passes each for another 1000 yrds it would be phenomenal

would it be bold to say we have two 1000 yrd receivers? possibly, but WAtkins is capable of that, he's done it before, and Doubs looks plenty capable of doing it too, Watson imo has a huge ceiling, he could have a huge season as well, in fact I sort of expect it, Bold? any thing is possible with Rodgers

would it be considered bold to see Savage perform like he did in 2020? I'd sure like to see him ball hawking again

or our two defensive rookie first rounders bid for ROTY consideration, now that I'd consider a bold proposition.

this team seems so stocked with talent a bold prediction would be that we don't win it all. :dunno:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This bit from the OP bears repeating:
Packers or league wide...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Watching the Bills destroy the defending champion Rams last night in LA, even with the 1st half turnover mistakes, makes one consider whether that 1972 Dolphins unbeaten record will be challenged this year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
09 Sep 2022 05:58
Watching the Bills destroy the defending champion Rams last night in LA, even with the 1st half turnover mistakes, makes one consider whether that 1972 Dolphins unbeaten record will be challenged this year.
This bit from the Bills schedule bears repeating:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2022 06:47
APB wrote:
This bit from the Bills schedule bears repeating:

Yep, well aware.

I'm just glad the schedulers decided to make this a mid-season contest so that hopefully, by then, the Packers have figured out whatever offensive changes they needed to make in evolving from a singular WR focus to a group receiving collective.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
Bills Mafia is quite impressive. Happy to see the enthusiasm. The Bills D wrecked the Rams. Bills had 0 punts. And their receivers seemed uncoverable. Allen has a little Favre in him.

How about a Packers Bills Super Bowl. with the Bills finally winning the Lombardi trophy! Go Pack Go!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Sep 2022 08:48
APB wrote:
Bills Mafia is quite impressive. Happy to see the enthusiasm. The Bills D wrecked the Rams. Bills had 0 punts. And their receivers seemed uncoverable. Allen has a little Favre in him.

How about a Packers Bills Super Bowl. with the Bills finally winning the Lombardi trophy! Go Pack Go!

Also, keeping with the theme of these films, I have to assume Ringo is primarily Dutch.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I couldn't care less if Buffalo ever wins a Lombardi, this is the year WE should win one, Sorry Ringo but your losing focus a bit buddy.

Is there any GB natives that aren't Dutch ancestry :rotf:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
09 Sep 2022 16:46
I couldn't care less if Buffalo ever wins a Lombardi, this is the year WE should win one, Sorry Ringo but your losing focus a bit buddy.

I agree. Buffalo is in NY. I hate NY. Except for the area around Lake George is is an ugly and depressing state full of uncollected garbage and rats.

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

Trading 17 in order to free up money to resign Campbell, Douglas, and help fund Alexander's new deal, in addition to adding Walker and Wyatt will earn Executive of the year to Guty!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

flapackfan wrote:
10 Sep 2022 06:50
Trading 17 in order to free up money to resign Campbell, Douglas, and help fund Alexander's new deal, in addition to adding Walker and Wyatt will earn Executive of the year to Guty!
My personal opinion is that Watson and Walker are going to be far more important than Wyatt. Watson is raw having come from a small school but his athletic ability puts his ceiling above Adams. He also has no known character issues.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Sep 2022 02:01
Yoop wrote:
09 Sep 2022 16:46

I agree. Buffalo is in NY. I hate NY. Except for the area around Lake George is is an ugly and depressing state full of uncollected garbage and rats.
the conditions of NY and Buffalo have nothing to do with my opinion, which is that I only care about the Packers winning a SB, whatever, NY and Buffalo are no worse then most metro and highly populated area in the country, all have getto, Slums, and filth galore.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
07 Sep 2022 10:24
Tom Brady retires mid-season...and it looks a half season too late.

And so it begins...