Amari Rodgers Cut Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

5 PM EST. I'm calling it.

Day 1

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yeah I’m not getting the cut talk. Just take him off punt returns and he’s fine. We are one year away from needing a slot receiver. Cobb won’t be here. Lazard won’t be here. We will need Amari next year.

I’m no fan of Gutenkunst or this pick but cutting him now makes no sense IMO. He’s just a player being utilized poorly.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Nov 2022 16:19
Yeah I’m not getting the cut talk. Just take him off punt returns and he’s fine. We are one year away from needing a slot receiver. Cobb won’t be here. Lazard won’t be here. We will need Amari next year.

I’m no fan of Gutenkunst or this pick but cutting him now makes no sense IMO. He’s just a player being utilized poorly.
I'd say if there was a random cap casualty around the league that could help our pass rush with Gary being out for the year, then I'm fine with us cutting Amari. Otherwise I see your point.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, Rodgers’ biggest fault is his hands not being able to hold onto the ball. So then, to utilize him properly, he would have to play on the OLine or on defense. I’m pretty sure he isn’t a good fit for OLine anyplace. And he has no experience on defense. Could he fill in for Savage?

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Nov 2022 16:56
lupedafiasco wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, Rodgers’ biggest fault is his hands not being able to hold onto the ball. So then, to utilize him properly, he would have to play on the OLine or on defense. I’m pretty sure he isn’t a good fit for OLine anyplace. And he has no experience on defense. Could he fill in for Savage?

;-)
MLF was asked a reason to keep him on PR. After thinking a minute, he said being able to catch the ball.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Nov 2022 17:22
Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Nov 2022 16:56
lupedafiasco wrote:

;-)
MLF was asked a reason to keep him on PR. After thinking a minute, he said being able to catch the ball.
he just lacks the concentration necessary to protect the football, every time he goes for yards after the catch I hold my breath, if he doesn't have the ball tucked in, which seems like always, he's a easy mark to get the ball pocked out.

Nixon made the same 2 handed over the head catch Amari did as a rookie, who the heck taught these guys how to field punts and kicks?

hard to believe we can't do better then either of these two returning kicks and punts.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the Lights are just too bright
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Amari Rodgers = Endowment Effect

No doubt we need a slot WR for the future. That a pick was spent on Amari Rodgers doesn't mean that he has to be that guy.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

According to what I could find on the internet:

In 12 seasons Willie Wood fielded 187 punts and only fumbled 6 times.

In 1996 Desmond Howard fielded 58 punts and only fumbled 1 time.

MLF should be fired for letting this Amari Rodgers fumbling situation continue.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 14 Nov 2022 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
14 Nov 2022 18:05
Amari Rodgers = Endowment Effect

No doubt we need a slot WR for the future. That a pick was spent on Amari Rodgers doesn't mean that he has to be that guy.
He shouldn't be that guy. He isn't special or even adequate for the role. He is physically and athletically limited.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Nov 2022 18:17

In 12 seasons Willie Wood fielded 187 and only fumbled 6 times.

This is just LaFleur. He’s slow to react to everything until it’s too late.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Well, he has been cut from return duties. :idn:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The next step for Amari is simply not being activated for game days. Sammy Watkins and Amari Rodgers both shouldn't be active when the full group is healthy.

But of course, we know that instead they will have Toure as inactive and put Sammy out there. :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Nov 2022 18:17

In 12 seasons Willie Wood fielded 187 punts and only fumbled 6 times.

Who would you replace MLF with? Is there a better Head Coach candidate out there right now or next offseason?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Perhaps they waiting on Cobb to get healthy, just an emergency WR while we got 2 hurt.

Either that or they’ve gone completely mental.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2022 08:09
The next step for Amari is simply not being activated for game days. Sammy Watkins and Amari Rodgers both shouldn't be active when the full group is healthy.

But of course, we know that instead they will have Toure as inactive and put Sammy out there. :roll:
I know he ain't perfect by any stretch but I'd rather have Watkins than A. Rodgers active on game day.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YES, IT’S DONE.

But they also cut Kylin Hill. Surprised about that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Nov 2022 09:47
Can he last longer than a head of lettuce?
Turns out the answer is no.