Packers release Amari Rodgers & Kylin Hill

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One of the reports on Bleacher Report today had a quote from MLF, indicating that Hill wasn’t working hard enough. In effect, MLF said that “no matter how large or small your role is…”
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Looks like Amari is already a Houston Texan. The Texans must either be desperate ........... or just plain dumb. Or have a plan for Amari to play another role besides whatever the Packers thought (WR#? and punt/kick returner, I guess).

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Nov 2022 23:17
Wow, thats as blunt as it can get in today‘s political correct NFL. Maybe MLF has finally started some hormone therapy? :lol: Seriously, of course that is measuring with two different sticks but #12 has done A LOT more than Hill to get away with it, so I can understand MLF and I think the locker room will too.
It's a shame the NFL has become so sensitive to political correctness. Amari Rodgers is a perfect example. Packers likely kept him so Gutey could possibly save face on a bad draft pick. In the the end whatever games Packers management were playing with the Amari situation didn't work.

People need to realize that the rectangular field of play used for football has been around (and the same) for a long time. 120 yards long including the endzones and 160 feet wide, going back to at least the 1950s. 4 downs to get a first down. Not sure about the 40 second play clock history. Players have been receiving and running back punts and kickoffs for decades. There is absolutely no reason to not expect an NFL caliber player to not fumble punts. All they have to do is call a fair catch and catch the ball. Like I wrote previously, Willie Wood only fumbed 6 times in 187 occurrences over a 12 year period. Desmond Howard only fumbled 1 time in 58 occurrences (1996 season).

No justification exists for coddling these players and coaches. RESPECT is obviously #1 ............... but tolerating this persistently subpar play performance is not required. No player is entitled to keep their NFL job if they are a habitual fumbling machine.

Anyone disagree? If you disagree ............. then please fully explain your bizarre case. :nono:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How about he is 18 months into his NFL career that we saw promise and potential in when we drafted him, were hoping for improvement, but have not seen any in the 6 months of this season, so we cut him? Maybe that would be a more plausible explanation than any "sensitivity to political correctness" or "coddling."
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2022 08:14
How about he is 18 months into his NFL career that we saw promise and potential in when we drafted him, were hoping for improvement, but have not seen any in the 6 months of this season, so we cut him? Maybe that would be a more plausible explanation than any "sensitivity to political correctness" or "coddling."
I sorta thought we used a smidge of political correctness there, and when he allowed that ball to die at the 2, well a few lashes from a bull whip seemed in order, come on, that seemed like coddling, right? :lol:

obviously the Howards and Woods are few and far in between, Amari is not in there class, or at least never was as a Packer.

this is like everything else in this game, if you have to THINK about what to do, it's already to late to do it.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2022 08:43
I sorta thought we used a smidge of political correctness there, and when he allowed that ball to die at the 2, well a few lashes from a bull whip seemed in order, come on, that seemed like coddling, right?
We joke about it now, but in the moment.... :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I suspect that part of the reason for Hill being released is named Tyler Goodson.

Lets not forget that the play that Hill got hurt on should never have happened. No way he should have run that kickoff out of the middle of the endzone.