Let's Be Honest

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2022 09:13
Rodgers whether we like it or not is our QB for 23, and just because a bunch of fans think a rebuild is in order, it aint gonna happen till Rodgers departs, this team has talent, specially so on defense, that part simply needs a better plan.

on offense the constant changes with OL set us back, couple that with new and inexperienced receivers just amplifies the problems, will Rodgers come to non mandatory OTA's and practice? who knows, last off season seemed like he was punishing Guty for the situation he allowed to happen with the WR situation, real or imagined, it's not exactly Rodgers fault for sitting starters through out the PS games, thats probably Lafluer being over cautious.

either way, we need to fix whats not working and try again next year, again everyone seems to want to throw in the towel a season sooner then need be.

A SB win seems to be all some fans care about :dunno: :nono:
Well, at least you understand where some of us are coming from. :)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Nov 2022 14:27
Plus if you look real close at some the green painted metal structures, fencing, walls, railings, etc. outside of Lambeau Field on Lambeau Field property, you'll notice some of it is starting to rust already. Likely due to improper metal surface preparation before priming and painting. Haven't seen any rusting inside Lambeau Field yet.

As they say sometimes, you can dress him up ............ but you can't take him anywhere. Well, the Packers aren't going anywhere (same shovel different dirt as the 1950s, 1970s and 1980s). Plus these gimmick uniforms...UGH nothing but a Packers Pro Shop / NFL money making operation !!
Perhaps poor metal prep but more probable is metal that isn't designed for the elements and salt. Either not stainless or crappy stainless.

The uniforms are an NFL thing not a Packers thing. All the teams do it once per year lately. Yes, it is just a money making thing.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Dear Toothsome,

After all these years as a Packer fan (according to you), it’d be nice and appreciated if you entered this forum with at least one positive thing to say. I know the points that you make have value for you. But hey, PackerNation is a place where our people enjoy each other, toast the good stuff, and comfort each other during the hard times. And after roughly 30 years of great times, it’s okay to take solace in this year being a bit rough.

Thanks for joining for forum. There are friends here to be made. But please don’t enter like a troll. PackerNation wants to have higher standards than that.

Blessings friend!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Gutey’s biggest blunder was bringing back Rodgers without being able to resign Adams. Now he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Murphy had to be involved and I believe he was more interested in how things would look if they traded Rodgers. Murphy wasn’t able to see strategically what was best for the Packers in the long run.

LaFleur’s biggest and most obvious mistake is not being able to tailer his scheme to the personnel on the team.
Love is the answer…

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Foosball wrote:
19 Nov 2022 17:42
Gutey’s biggest blunder was bringing back Rodgers without being able to resign Adams. Now he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Murphy had to be involved and I believe he was more interested in how things would look if they traded Rodgers. Murphy wasn’t able to see strategically what was best for the Packers in the long run.

LaFleur’s biggest and most obvious mistake is not being able to tailer his scheme to the personnel on the team.
I suspect Adams' nose got out of joint when we didn't court him right away. In the end we offered him more than the Raiders did but Adams wanted to go to Las Vegas. I don't know what more we could have done. I hope Davante is enjoying his 2 wins so far with the Raiders.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Pugger wrote:
19 Nov 2022 18:22
Foosball wrote:

I suspect Adams' nose got out of joint when we didn't court him right away. In the end we offered him more than the Raiders did but Adams wanted to go to Las Vegas. I don't know what more we could have done. I hope Davante is enjoying his 2 wins so far with the Raiders.
You missed my point. Before resigning Rodgers, Gutey should have made sure that Adams would be a done deal. Gutey told Rodgers before Aaron signed that Adams may end up leaving for another team. So Gutey knew. At that point he should have traded Rodgers to the highest bidder.
Love is the answer…

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

Thanks for your welcome, but I am not new to this forum, in fact I was aboard when Jeff invented this site and others jumped ship from the Green Bay Press-Gazette and Julie's withering editorial practices, 2007? 2008? I can't remember. Just under a different name many would recognize, you wouldn't, and well before your time. So, please reserve the troll label and sentry act for the next new guy you may disagree with, and blessings right back, my friend. Wrong dude here.
After all these years as a Packer fan (according to you),
Thanks for joining for forum. There are friends here to be made. But please don’t enter like a troll.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
19 Nov 2022 19:04
Pugger wrote:
Foosball wrote:

You missed my point. Before resigning Rodgers, Gutey should have made sure that Adams would be a done deal. Gutey told Rodgers before Aaron signed that Adams may end up leaving for another team. So Gutey knew. At that point he should have traded Rodgers to the highest bidder.
shoulda, woulda, coulda, Guty kept the player most likely to help the team win, he ( wrongly) thought Rodgers would be able to do well enough with these receivers to compliment a potent running attack, he surely didn't expect Bahk or even Jenkins would need half the season to play back up to prior ability, or Rodgers and these receivers would struggle as much as they have.

He just spent 5 seasons fortifying this defense, no way he was going to dump the most important player for team success for however many years it would take to replace him and watch all the players he brought in leave for a bigger paycheck during that span.

and whether folks here want to believe it or not, most of the fan base wanted to keep Rodgers here, and the same amount felt we'd lose Adams, now with the help of hind sight people second guess everything, Guty threw caution to the wind, went all in to win this or next year, I don't see a deviation coming to alter that plan, but what do I know.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2022 06:39
Foosball wrote:
Pugger wrote:

shoulda, woulda, coulda, Guty kept the player most likely to help the team win, he ( wrongly) thought Rodgers would be able to do well enough with these receivers to compliment a potent running attack, he surely didn't expect Bahk or even Jenkins would need half the season to play back up to prior ability, or Rodgers and these receivers would struggle as much as they have.

He just spent 5 seasons fortifying this defense, no way he was going to dump the most important player for team success for however many years it would take to replace him and watch all the players he brought in leave for a bigger paycheck during that span.

and whether folks here want to believe it or not, most of the fan base wanted to keep Rodgers here, and the same amount felt we'd lose Adams, now with the help of hind sight people second guess everything, Guty threw caution to the wind, went all in to win this or next year, I don't see a deviation coming to alter that plan, but what do I know.
Yoop, there is a reason why people are saying it is over after this year. You keep fighting it but here is the Packers dose of reality.

The Packers have 36 players under contract for 2023.
The Packers are currently $1.5 Million OVER the cap.

This means the Packers have to cut a considerable amount of expensive players to even put a team on the field next year. The financial cards are incredibly stacked against the Packers.

Those who are more financially astute have been saying this will be the result if we go down this path. 2021 was the year. 2022 was the "screw it let's throw caution to the wind and try one more time" year. The Packers larger problem is there is no "clear cut" roster move that will free up the needed cap space.

I would start preparing yourself for what the 2023 Packers are going to be. We are going to be a young and building team who is expensing a lot of 2020 - 2022 money off the books.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Foosball wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Foosball wrote:

Who knew Rodgers would struggle as much as he has? I can't think of the last GM that traded away his 2x league MVP. Gute must have felt our best chance to win was with Rodgers. Don't you find it curious Rodgers decided to stay knowing Adams was most likely leaving? Aaron could have requested a trade or retired but he didn't. Unfortunately a lot has gone wrong for us this season. We are looking at this situation with the luxury of 20/20 hindsight. With his contract situation AR will be back in 2023 whether we like it or not. IMO this coming offseason will be a crucial one for Gute and the Packers. If we continue to lose let's hope we can secure a top 10 pick this spring to address some of our glaring needs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2022 09:43
Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:

Yoop, there is a reason why people are saying it is over after this year. You keep fighting it but here is the Packers dose of reality.

This means the Packers have to cut a considerable amount of expensive players to even put a team on the field next year. The financial cards are incredibly stacked against the Packers.

Those who are more financially astute have been saying this will be the result if we go down this path. 2021 was the year. 2022 was the "screw it let's throw caution to the wind and try one more time" year. The Packers larger problem is there is no "clear cut" roster move that will free up the needed cap space.

I would start preparing yourself for what the 2023 Packers are going to be. We are going to be a young and building team who is expensing a lot of 2020 - 2022 money off the books.
you and others have said this before, and now your saying it again, but it doesn't jive with the contract Rodgers was given, or the job Guty has done the last 5 years.

who are these financially astute people that have said this? people make predictions that never come true all the time, what I hear is a some want to tank and start over, which this team has never done, and wont start now to pacify some fans.

If you'd like to make a a friendly wager I'd be more then happy to entertain that, people act as though this team lacks talent and thats just not so, I think much of the problems we have this year are coaching, health and lack of experience, and thats all fixable in one off season, so I don't see the FO throwing in the towel.

some here have young people dreams going on, I had those in the late 60's, thinking a quick turn around could be easily accomplished, took 20 years for that dream to materialize :nono:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
20 Nov 2022 00:17
Thanks for your welcome, but I am not new to this forum, in fact I was aboard when Jeff invented this site and others jumped ship from the Green Bay Press-Gazette and Julie's withering editorial practices, 2007? 2008? I can't remember. Just under a different name many would recognize, you wouldn't, and well before your time. So, please reserve the troll label and sentry act for the next new guy you may disagree with, and blessings right back, my friend. Wrong dude here.
After all these years as a Packer fan (according to you),
Thanks for joining for forum. There are friends here to be made. But please don’t enter like a troll.
Much like cool hand luke you need to get your mind right or a night in the box.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2022 11:21
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

you and others have said this before, and now your saying it again, but it doesn't jive with the contract Rodgers was given, or the job Guty has done the last 5 years.

who are these financially astute people that have said this? people make predictions that never come true all the time, what I hear is a some want to tank and start over, which this team has never done, and wont start now to pacify some fans.

If you'd like to make a a friendly wager I'd be more then happy to entertain that, people act as though this team lacks talent and thats just not so, I think much of the problems we have this year are coaching, health and lack of experience, and thats all fixable in one off season, so I don't see the FO throwing in the towel.

some here have young people dreams going on, I had those in the late 60's, thinking a quick turn around could be easily accomplished, took 20 years for that dream to materialize :nono:
We may have spots of talent. But we won't have the financial resources to have the deep team with few weaknessees like this forum obsesses about.

I guess I'm confused about your post. I point out that we are already over the cap with only 36 players signed. That means we have to do cap accounting maneuvering to free up space for an additional 30 players to get under the cap. That is a HUGE mountain to overcome.

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the Rodgers contract. It effectively just gave the Packers and Rodgers the option to return to GB if both sides want it. Nobody is on the hook for any of it. It's a year by year contract.

I honestly don't know what the Packers are going to do to field a team in 2023. The obvious move is Aaron Jones. The remaining moves is likely to depend on a huge TV deal to raise the cap a lot in 2023 and 2024. But again. Raising the overall salary cap just allows us to field a team in 2023 and 2024. It doesn't do much for us being able to sign anyone because the rest of the league has a LOT of actual cap money to spend next year on new players whereas we will just use the cap bump to pay for 2020 - 2022 contracts.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Nov 2022 13:29
Yoop wrote:
20 Nov 2022 11:21
go pak go wrote:

We may have spots of talent. But we won't have the financial resources to have the deep team with few weaknessees like this forum obsesses about.

I guess I'm confused about your post. I point out that we are already over the cap with only 36 players signed. That means we have to do cap accounting maneuvering to free up space for an additional 30 players to get under the cap. That is a HUGE mountain to overcome.

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the Rodgers contract. It effectively just gave the Packers and Rodgers the option to return to GB if both sides want it. Nobody is on the hook for any of it. It's a year by year contract.

I honestly don't know what the Packers are going to do to field a team in 2023. The obvious move is Aaron Jones. The remaining moves is likely to depend on a huge TV deal to raise the cap a lot in 2023 and 2024. But again. Raising the overall salary cap just allows us to field a team in 2023 and 2024. It doesn't do much for us being able to sign anyone because the rest of the league has a LOT of actual cap money to spend next year on new players whereas we will just use the cap bump to pay for 2020 - 2022 contracts.
well there are going to be revenue increases from the TV contract and we where over the cap this last year, and I've heard the rumors that we can get out of keeping Rodgers, the contract can be voided out, but I doubt that will happen.

and while we may lose several players, I believe we'll kick the contracts back another season, people seem convinced that rebuilding is the preferred path towards a chance at another SB run, imo thats easier said then done, what the fan base truly wants is a competitive team, so keeping the nucleus together and simply trying again makes the most sense to me, get a new DC and OC, shore up the weak positions and roll on.

we'll see how this goes in a couple more games, but to my knowledge I've never seen the team tank for better draft slotting and I don't think thats gonna change this year, or ever.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Cap will go up.

Packers will stretch players again.

Boom bam cap room.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
20 Nov 2022 14:35
Cap will go up.

Packers will stretch players again.

Boom bam cap room.
yep, amassing, I feel as though GPG is trying to convince us that is not possible, in reality half the teams in the league will be doing the same thing.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The only things going on good right now at 1265 (that I know of) are the Pro Shop, the Hall of Fame, the Atrium, Lambeau Tours, and the food and drink at 1919. If there's a holiday donation drop off, then put that on the list as well. Oh...the potential to make the playoffs is suddenly interesting as well.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 26 Dec 2022 20:16, edited 2 times in total.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
19 Nov 2022 02:00
And take that PR twerp Aaron Popkey with you, what a pencil-necked goon.
:shock: Going after the PR staff?! Pretty sure if you dug a bit deeper you'd find some folks on the maintenance staff that should be shown the door too. Bad haircut maybe? Neck too thick or too thin? Wow.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Tenofalltrades? snevats?

Not the "cmon get these rookies and first year out there cmon tt!."
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....