Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Last week, the Packers had their way with the overmatched vikes OL - this weekend will be a different story as the Loins have a very stout OL
Highly rated in pass pro and bullies the run game

from Football Outsiders:

The Lions are a daunting matchup for them. Not only do the Lions run well generally, but they are an excellent bully-ball team. Their offensive line is loaded with big, beefy players who fare better as people-movers than as athletes in space (save for Penei Sewell, who is fantastic at both).
The Lions thrive on counter, power, and duo. Only the Ravens have run more plays with those three concepts this season.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnderstatedDi ... mobile.mp4

Gonna need all hands on deck for the DL and maybe Jonathan Ford sees some snaps ?
IT. IS. TIME

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I know that this isn't the right mindset, but if we lose this game would there still be any chance of us making the playoffs?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
06 Jan 2023 15:08
I know that this isn't the right mindset, but if we lose this game would there still be any chance of us making the playoffs?
No
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Captain_Ben wrote:
06 Jan 2023 15:08
No, we are out with a loss.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Looking R-E-L-A-X-E-D and ready for Sunday

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

MLF: "Yo, Adrian ! Gonna need you hitting your run fits on Sunday, you up for it ? "
AA: "locked in coach !"

IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2023 14:28
Last week, the Packers had their way with the overmatched vikes OL - this weekend will be a different story as the Loins have a very stout OL
Highly rated in pass pro and bullies the run game

from Football Outsiders:

The Lions are a daunting matchup for them. Not only do the Lions run well generally, but they are an excellent bully-ball team. Their offensive line is loaded with big, beefy players who fare better as people-movers than as athletes in space (save for Penei Sewell, who is fantastic at both).
The Lions thrive on counter, power, and duo. Only the Ravens have run more plays with those three concepts this season.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnderstatedDi ... mobile.mp4

Gonna need all hands on deck for the DL and maybe Jonathan Ford sees some snaps ?
That’s why I expect the Lions to play and imitate what the Bucs and Niners have done to us the past couple of years. Run, run, run, and make the Packer D win. That’s something they haven’t done well until recently and they haven’t done well against a bully OLine in recent memory at all. Look for Wyatt to step up!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

According to Football Zebras this week’s ref crew for the Packers/Lions game will be referee Brad Rogers and his team.

"This will be Rogers’ first assignment with the Packers all season. He was the referee in New York when the Lions beat the Giants back in Week 11. His crew lands in the middle of the range for penalties called by a crew. The home/away splits on calls are pretty neutral, with 89 on the home team and 84 on the road team. Rogers and his crew are near the bottom in holding calls on both offense and defense but have thrown the 3rd-most roughing-the-passer flags of the 17 NFL crews in 2022."

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Andy Herman: " Packers are 10-0 at Lambeau in December/January regular season games under Matt LaFleur. That seems good."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... uara-calf?

Every player on the Packers’ 53-man roster was at practice today and the only player who was given an injury status for the Week 18 regular-season finale was Deguara. Left tackle David Bakhtiari (knee/abdomen), left guard Elgton Jenkins (knee), running back Aaron Jones (knee/ankle), cornerback Keisean Nixon (groin) and receiver Christian Watson (hip) were all limited participants in practice throughout the week but appear to be goes against Detroit.

there was other good news on the injury report on Friday: Right tackle Yosh Nijman (shoulder) was a full participant in practice after being limited in back-to-back practices prior. Nijman has been pulled out of the last two games with a shoulder injury, though, LaFleur stated that Nijman was cleared to return against the Vikings and the team elected to have him rest the injury. While Nijman was replaced by rookie fourth-round pick Zach Tom on offense versus Minnesota, Nijman continued to play field goal/PAT protection snaps on special teams."
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

with Toms having what I heard was a very good game sorta wonder if they'll decide to rest Nijman again so he's sure to be ready for the PO's, can always put him in should Toms struggle.

I havn't look at the ranking of Detroits OL, it sounds pretty good, but since we've gotten Bahk and Jenkins back we've improved too.

I hope we start this with a 5 man front and stop them from getting there ground game going, I expect thats what they will attempt to do.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2023 15:45
According to Football Zebras this week’s ref crew for the Packers/Lions game will be referee Brad Rogers and his team.

"This will be Rogers’ first assignment with the Packers all season. He was the referee in New York when the Lions beat the Giants back in Week 11. His crew lands in the middle of the range for penalties called by a crew. The home/away splits on calls are pretty neutral, with 89 on the home team and 84 on the road team. Rogers and his crew are near the bottom in holding calls on both offense and defense but have thrown the 3rd-most roughing-the-passer flags of the 17 NFL crews in 2022."

The locked on Lions podcast guy smells a referee fixing and if I’m being honest I do too. I expect to see some &%$@ calls in our favor. No one wants to see a Lions team in the playoffs. People tune in for Rodgers magic or failure.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The fix has been in all along. The nfl can’t go into the playoffs with Brock purdy, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, and Taylor’s heineke. For weeks now the nfl has given calls to the Bucs to get Brady in, made calls against the panthers to keep them out. They’ve helped the packers now for weeks. I believe the independent neurologist in the booth who is supposed to call out concussions allowed tua to play the second half of the fins game so we could beat a mental vegetable. Also, No way the Seahawks and lions shouldn’t be playing at same time. The fix is in, Seahawks will win and the lions will be playing spoiler on Sunday night…and the refs will help the packers get in the playoffs. They need Aaron Rodgers like the Packers do.

Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers on making a the playoffs. I didn’t think this was possible mid year!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Jan 2023 17:43
The fix has been in all along. The nfl can’t go into the playoffs with Brock purdy, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, and Taylor’s heineke. For weeks now the nfl has given calls to the Bucs to get Brady in, made calls against the panthers to keep them out. They’ve helped the packers now for weeks. I believe the independent neurologist in the booth who is supposed to call out concussions allowed tua to play the second half of the fins game so we could beat a mental vegetable. Also, No way the Seahawks and lions shouldn’t be playing at same time. The fix is in, Seahawks will win and the lions will be playing spoiler on Sunday night…and the refs will help the packers get in the playoffs. They need Aaron Rodgers like the Packers do.

Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers on making a the playoffs. I didn’t think this was possible mid year!
Did I miss the joke or have you gone truly mental?

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Jan 2023 17:43

Ever hear of Sam Howell?

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

This is just nuts
couple weeks back, Carolina rushed for 320 yds and 3 TDs vs this Lions defense

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 240car.htm
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Sharp Football

"Green Bay has slowly reached and maintained competency on offense over the second half of the season. The running game has found some success and the passing game has produced a few splash plays but there have not been many times everything has come together.

The Packers still have some issues to work out, especially in the passing game. Rodgers threw his lowest percentage of throws at or behind the line of scrimmage on the season (8.3% while averaging 30.3% for the season) and upped his short passing (1-10 air yards) to a season-high 58.3%. But Rogers also had one of his highest rates of throwing deep and that’s a part of the offense that just hasn’t been consistent in this last stretch of the season no matter how hard Rodgers has tried.

Against the Vikings, Rodgers went 1-of-5 on passes of 20 or more air yards. He’s had negative EPA on deep throws in five of his past six games and the positive game featured just one attempt."

Sure would be nice to hit a couple of deep balls on Sunday. I'll say this too- some of those missed deep shots ...were catch-able balls.
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Jamaal Williams is awesome

https://madison.com/sports/football/pro ... ba9b.html

" Having played four years at Lambeau Field (and one game as a Lion last season), Williams had some advice this week for the Vikings who were bellyaching about the footing at the historic stadium.

“Don’t put on your little fancy cute shoes because they’re cute or whatever you think they are, and now you’re out there slipping,” Williams told reporters at the Lions’ headquarters in Allen Park, Mich. “Then after that, now you’ve got to use that as an excuse. We don’t want excuses. We want to go out there and perform and get a ‘W.’ We’ll be ready for the field.”

The Green Bay Packers-turned-Detroit Lions running back has been the engine that has driven the Lions’ offense this season, carrying the ground game (246 carries for 994 yards, NFL-high 15 touchdowns), and he hasn’t come this far to fall short of that milestone or a playoff berth.
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m super proud of Jamaal. He has WAY outplayed his current contract. I am rooting for him to get PAID in the off-season.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2023 16:50

Every player on the Packers’ 53-man roster was at practice today and the only player who was given an injury status for the Week 18 regular-season finale was Deguara.
Was thinking/hoping we suit you Jonathan Ford this week. Only suiting 4 DL against a decent running team makes me nervous.

However the quoted above makes me think he won’t be suiting.