Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
14 Feb 2023 06:28
NCF wrote:
14 Feb 2023 06:22
bud fox wrote:
14 Feb 2023 05:03
Packers have been to 5 superbowls since 66 and won 4.

Every appearance has been with a hof qb.

Packers have never got to the Sb with a non hof qb.
But only Starr had a HOF case going into his SB's. It's almost as if winning that big game is resume check in building a HOF case.
I get the point but no. Favre and Rodgers would be hof without sb. The numbers, mvps etc are too much.
Yeah, I guess Favre had the 2 MVPs going into XXXI, but Rodgers largely built his case after his SB win. My point is there is progression over the course of a career. Right now, the array of possible outcomes for Love’s career are endless.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

everyone seems positive Love will be the next best QB the Packers ever have, hope he is, till I see him do well for at least a half a season I'll remain reserved that he can do it, to many next best have turned out next worst for me to jump on this bandwagon yet, hope is one thing delusion another, and I've been fooled to often by the imposters of the past, roughly 18 different QB's have filtered through the cathedral of 1265 from Starr to Favre, that folks amounts to a lot of disappointment, makes a person skittish to move on from the best pure passer the teams ever had.

but I will be happy to if Love is as good as all seem to think he will be

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Happy coincidence, but this turned into quite the appropriate Valentines Day thread!!

Thanks [mention]Labrev[/mention] :heart:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
14 Feb 2023 06:28
NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:

But only Starr had a HOF case going into his SB's. It's almost as if winning that big game is resume check in building a HOF case.
I get the point but no. Favre and Rodgers would be hof without sb. The numbers, mvps etc are too much.
exactly, folks that gauge player ability based on team records eliminate a lot of great players who played on talentless teams, like the Archie Mannings, his kids got the glory he also deserved, just the way it is, exposure on the big stage is more easily recognized.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:

So you think rodgers and Favre wouldn’t be HOFers if they hadn’t won their one ring? Interesting take.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 07:36
NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:

So you think rodgers and Favre wouldn’t be HOFers if they hadn’t won their one ring? Interesting take.
I don't think he meant that at all, his point is what I just said, winning the big game makes it easier decision to vote them in.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 07:36
NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:

That's not my take. Read four posts up. My take is that the Packers can win a SB with Love and he may be a HOF QB and he may be a middle-of-the-road QB. I just don't think we will know with any certainty at that point.

Read More. Post Less.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 06:17
bud fox wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2023 00:51
IMO:
the Packers can win a SB with a slightly below average NFL QB (20-24 of 32)
the Packers can win a SB with a NFL QB in the 6-12 range
The best chance is with a top 5 QB BUT ONLY IF HE IS NOT top 5 in salary cap. After a couple of years of paying top 5 money, IMO the odds go DOWN the more a QB is paid, regardless of his ability.

We don't need Love to be a HOF QB. We need him to be a leader, a team player, respected by the coaches and players and to play within his ability. We need him to be team-first on the field and in the salary negotiations. It will help if he does not choke in the playoffs also.

Just somebody. A real Somebody. Not a hero, just somebody who does

according to people here most SB's have been won with average QB's. :rotf:
Who, besides you, ever said "most SB's have been won with average QB's"? Statistically it is true. But that is not what I or anyone else said. Plain English is a problem for you.

But since you claim that the only way to a SB is a top QB (HOF), kindly explain Wrecks Grossman and Bob Griese.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

At this point, Love has probably done everything that we could hope he would do. By all accounts of Packer players and officials, he is as ready as a guy in his position could be. He only needs more playing time to improve his skills.

When a HOF QB calls him a “master of the playbook” that is high praise.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2023 07:57
Yoop wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Who, besides you, ever said "most SB's have been won with average QB's"? Statistically it is true. But that is not what I or anyone else said. Plain English is a problem for you.

But since you claim that the only way to a SB is a top QB (HOF), kindly explain Wrecks Grossman and Bob Griese.
average performance in SB games, maybe, but average QB's? no, and you and a bunch of others are delusional to think because a QB doesn't put up huge numbers or win on the last play he didn't play well above average.

Mahomes was 21 of 26, 3 TD's but only 180 yrds, to some thats a average performance, to me it was easily MVP worthy.

also never claimed a QB needs to be HOF caliber to win a SB, so quit twisting what I say so you can build a argument, YOU come here and dump on Rodgers to elevate Love and the only thing you have to go on is 17 passes in a NFL game.

heres what I expect to happen if Rodgers departs, Guty will use a high pick on a QB in the coming draft, and possibly bring in a couple more UDFA, and possibly a street vet for insurance in case Love folds, why? because it is near impossible to know just how good Love will be without extended playing time, odds are he'll never even be average, so instead of acting like I'am a fool, what you should do is read up on the hundreds that have come and gone who where exactly in Loves situation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
bud fox wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2023 00:51
IMO:
the Packers can win a SB with a slightly below average NFL QB (20-24 of 32)
the Packers can win a SB with a NFL QB in the 6-12 range
The best chance is with a top 5 QB BUT ONLY IF HE IS NOT top 5 in salary cap. After a couple of years of paying top 5 money, IMO the odds go DOWN the more a QB is paid, regardless of his ability.

We don't need Love to be a HOF QB. We need him to be a leader, a team player, respected by the coaches and players and to play within his ability. We need him to be team-first on the field and in the salary negotiations. It will help if he does not choke in the playoffs also.

Just somebody. A real Somebody. Not a hero, just somebody who does

False. Most SBs have been won with Tom Brady. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My take on Love is I don't see much of a regression from the QB spot in 2023 compared to 2022. There is only one game I can confidently say the QB position won for us in 2022 (Dallas).

My expectations are low for 2023. Compete for the 7th seed, keep the turnovers low, get the ball out quick and rely on the run game - find ways to get Watson the ball. I think you can 8+ games with that recipe.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:42
Yoop wrote:
bud fox wrote:

False. Most SBs have been won with Tom Brady. :lol:
touche, good point :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:30
so quit twisting what I say so you can build a argument,

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:45
My take on Love is I don't see much of a regression from the QB spot in 2023 compared to 2022. There is only one game I can confidently say the QB position won for us in 2022 (Dallas).

My expectations are low for 2023. Compete for the 7th seed, keep the turnovers low, get the ball out quick and rely on the run game - find ways to get Watson the ball. I think you can 8+ games with that recipe.
well obviously we hope the supporting cast is better, and it should be, the young Watson and Doubs will have a year of studying film of last season, the OL should be more consistent, the defense should be over the Barry blues, so if Love can keep the mistakes in check this is easily a 10 win team, saying that though, I see a 12 win team with AR or even better.

thats why I'am not so quick to move on, unlike you, and no offense meant at all here, your young, so winning it all 4 or 5 years from now is acceptable for you, now I don't expect to be fertilizer in that time frame, :pray: but who knows :lol: so I absolutely want to win it all at some point sooner, I want instant gratification versus what I can't see down the road.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:48
Yoop wrote:
I really miss not having a middle finger emoticon :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:57
BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 08:48
Yoop wrote:
I really miss not having a middle finger emoticon :lol:
I wouldn't be opposed to adding it, we are all adults here (in age only), right? :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Since we know Love likes to :toke:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi